World and European rainbow gatherings in Hungary and Romania | Squat the Planet

World and European rainbow gatherings in Hungary and Romania

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
World gathering is in Hungary, June 27 ish to late July ish.. Forget the exact dates.... The European gathering is soon after, also for a month, in Romania.

Curious if anyone is thinking of going? I'll likely be stopping at the world gathering for a little bit as I head back West in preparation for flying out of this lovely continent.. But maybe meeting up before or after? I rarely meet other travellers so it might be nice :p

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
Well I'm in crete at the moment, I'll be in Turkey and likely Northern Iraq by late may let's say. I'm not sure of your plans but I'll be back north in the balkans by mid June I think.. But if your trip crosses my path then for sure we should meet up for a little bit at least!

Rainbow gatherings are like a big bunch of hippies, free thinkers, "free spirits," and more or less mellow people meeting up in a spot in nature for a month. Food is made for everyone and is free (donations keep it going so it's good to give money if you can), there is of course music, workshops on almost anything from herbs to meditation, yoga, philosophical things.
It's a family friendly event, but usually the kids have their own camp with their families. No booze, electronics, or drugs ( but of course there are things like weed and more subtlety acid, shrooms, etc). It's a pretty nice vibe overall, and good for meeting all kinds of alternative types of people.

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
Hey hasil, if you end up going to either of the gatherings, let me know, because my plans have changed and I'll more than likely be heading that way later in July.

Right now I'm in morocco until July 11th when I'll be heading north to Spain and Portugal, then on East towards Hungary. And if you are perhaps in those areas we could meet up!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads