Wilderness Responder/Search and Rescue experience? | Squat the Planet

Wilderness Responder/Search and Rescue experience?

salxtina

Reaction score
I've wanted to get Wilderness First Responder training for a while but the courses are **expensive** a.f.... Wondering if any Search And Rescue teams will train you if you volunteer with them? The ones I looked up around here (NH) seem to want you to be an EMT already, basically. Anybody ever worked with a group like this?

D

Deleted member 20

Was SOLO in NH one of the schools? Last I remember, they were able to process pell grants by processing the grants through a local college. There was still an out of pocket expense for administration costs for this as well per college credit. I was trying to utilize an unemployment grant for changing careers but really I jut wanted to get certified for me. I just wanted to try to use the gubamnets money to extend my UE benefits & do some training that I liked.

Dont let school get in the way of your education.

Good luck

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've wanted to get Wilderness First Responder training for a while but the courses are **expensive** a.f.... Wondering if any Search And Rescue teams will train you if you volunteer with them? The ones I looked up around here (NH) seem to want you to be an EMT already, basically. Anybody ever worked with a group like this?
Southwest conservation corps in durango and salida colorado will get you your wfr. i think any of the major conservation corps will.

Reactions: salxtina

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads