Wilderness Nomads

C

Cavemansailor

Im looking to find or form a small group of nomadic foragers in a remote wilderness area.

I worked as an archaeological instructor for 7 years specializing in primitive technology and subsistence strategies of hunter gatherers.

I spent the past 6 months working as a commercial fisherman, and also spent several years trapping and hunting for the majority of my food and income.

I would love to contribute my skillset to an existing group if any such groups exist.

I am looking for a group that is nomadic in a NFS wilderness area and obtains all or most resources and food from hunting and foraging.

I am not looking for a commune, farm, fixed retreat, or other form of sedentary living on private land.

If anyone is seriously attempting this and could use a guy like me, let me know!

C

Cavemansailor

Back in San Antonio. If I get some promising responses in the next few days, Im willing and ready to travel anywhere in the US that is wild and vast enough to thrive.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
With your background - you sound most interesting to hit the wilderness with! Hope you get a lot of interested people and make it happen!

C

Cavemansailor

The national forests just north of LA reminded me of Central Texas (only all the land in central TX is privately owned....it sucks). Looked liked they could be rich in resources, but I was just passing through. If anyone has spent time there, I'ld love to hear about experiences with foraging there. Kinda have my heart set on New Mexico, but like I said, I'm open to suggestions!

AnarchyorDie

Reaction score
I've never been to northern New Mexico. I'm interested in this nomadic wilderness adventure. I've got some experience trapping. I can spend all day on a river,fishing with nothing but a nibble or 2 to keep me interested. Actually I spent a month this summer in kings canyon CA, fishing and trapping. I wasn't completely reliant on the land tho.

ThatDrunkGuy

Reaction score
I would be interested as well. I spend most my time out in the wilderness. Im down to earth and have fishing hunting and survival skills and gear. Message me if ya wanna chat.

Ridire

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, anyone moving around New England? I know how to hunt and clean kills, and I've got some basic herbal knowledge under my belt.

D

Deleted member 20

I am totally not in! Im way too lazy & accustomed to my kids goin to school & the hospital & using ebt to get groceries for them from a supermarket. This statement isnt to disuade others more as to call them out. I want to hear a year from now how it worked out & how many people actually participated.besides a single stoned sentence on a thread. To me it sounds more like a dream, especially considering our shrinking wilderness areas in the US. Im sure there are blm areas & park lands that it can be done in using stealth. I think of like mick dodge & many other vietnam vetereans scattered throughout the country. I would love to hear how heards of sheep/goats or whatever are sheparded around. I just cant see it being done for any length of time & with success. I may not like consumerism, work, people, all of society & life. The truth is that even the most off grid or anti civ live with creature comforts. Technology in the form of building materials, generators, solar/wind or getting gas heat piped in or power from a light pole. Most of us live off the discarded extras/waste of this economy. I am always cautous of many communal projects that arent grown organically first from a solo endeavor.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads