Photos - WI, MN, SD, ND back to MN | Squat the Planet

Photos WI, MN, SD, ND back to MN

bystander

Reaction score
Hey everyone, couple of weeks ago a buddy & I went on a random road trip the end of May. Every year we head to Minnesota for Sound Set (biggest hiphop festal in the Midwest) & party it up. Here is some of the photos I shot during our road trip.. I only had my phone so these are from my very tired iPhone.

Neither of us had any plans or expectations for this road trip other than drive for 1.5 weeks and meet up in MN for sound set for .5 weeks. I didn't want to make any set-in-stone plans but it worked out alright for us.

Some Wisconsin fishing on the MN boarder

St.Croix, SD

this was a very pretty little town,

Some little town along the way

lots of open road in SD, the speed limit was crazy... as much as 80mph sounds like fun... I hate fuckin' speeding.. Me & buddy agreed, they have such high speed limits because if you crash, you probably don't want to survive because help is hours away..

The Badlands, which of course was the SHIT!!! We camped here for quite a few days. Moving camp / exploring.. easily my favorite part of the trip.

I really liked the Badlands, it was so freakin' cool to see in person

The thing that surprised me was the fact that it would be so fuckin' hot during the day... & cold at night.. I mean cold!!

pretty badass pictures.. I love pano's

fuckin' awesome road.. There is very nice scenic road around the badlands you can follow.. very touristy.. my buddy & I started off just casualy drinkin' a beer at the stops on the road, checking out the sites.. well you can stop at about a hundred overlooks & we did... well after 5+ hours we were both pretty tipsy & when all the other drivers (we traveled in some weird pack, stopping and looking at shit with the same cars) started shunning us we figured we better find a place to camp... we were after all driving inches from a couple thousand feet drop off!

the sights were spectacular..

driving around

the windy ass road..

These fuckers wouldn't stop messing with us!! I almost fought one, bare knuckle.. or maybe I was just wasted.. & started a fight with a goat.

so cool- I miss it already!

that is my buddy, he climbed that fuckin mountain (yeah I wasn't with it, I was hammered & there was not an official trail) & I am no friend of death... thats him on the right,

our camp for three days-

exploring the Blackhills-

checkin' out Mt. Rushmore

America!!!! whoot!!

again, we were the only ones drinking & got a lot of attention in the parking lot. We didn't care because well.. this shit was blown out.

we camped here cruising around, on our way to ND.

some pretty gnarly storms rolled in...

making our way through SD to ND

finally made it to ND. I don't know if yall have driven from SD to ND but those speed limits are nutts. My buddy would have GPS running off his phone & shut it off for the 25min until our turn.. 15 min later we passed it!! wtf!!

Now we're in ND in the FDR National Forrest.

so much to see, a lot greener then SD

There was so many fuckin' OX running around it was crazy.

We slept here for a few days as well. We hit up most the scenic trails..

Now we make it to Sound Set!! WHoop!!!

Overall it was a good year. I have calmed with my older age so I didn't feel the need to get all drugged out ( I wasn't sober, just not rollin' my ass off)

They changed it up a lot this year. The sound systems were weak.. This was TI playing..

the weather was nuts, raining, sunny, cloudy, pouring, sunny...

& thats it folks, I have plenty of more pictures- but this is only one thread.. thanks fer lookin'!!

Last edited:

bystander

Reaction score
ahh I went to see:

Travis Scott, Ms. Lauryn Hill - she killed it, T.I (walked off stage for 30min twenty in..we thought he was done), Atmosphere (whoop!!), Gucci (got locked up right before on gun charges- no show), Pusha T, Talib Kweli, Mac Miller (gf was involved in some London explosion - no show), Brother Ali, and a few others... shits dope, but I've out grown the crowed for sure lol.. & I've been going for 5/6years now..

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
Damn, those no shows are disappointing. Didn't think anyone on this site besides me enjoyed rap lol

Reactions: bystander

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads