Completed Question Why was Rob Nothing banned? And other musings... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
So, you're either miscommunicating on purpose or fooling yourself.

You still have a way to go until you get out of that prison.
You can walk out of that prison any time you choose.

Ether Oars

It don't matter
which choice you make
either or
results the same.

It don't matter
which hand you shake
either or
lose what you gain.

It don't matter
which path you take
either or
leads to the grave.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
You can walk out of that prison any time you choose.

Ether Oars

It don't matter
which choice you make
either or
results the same.

It don't matter
which hand you shake
either or
lose what you gain.

It don't matter
which path you take
either or
leads to the grave.
I'm already deeply aware of all of that. Even if I was not you're doing us no favor by willfully miscommunicating. You should address that instead.

OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
I'm already deeply aware of all of that. Even if I was not you're doing us no favor by willfully miscommunicating. You should address that instead.

OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
I'm going to delete my account here. I don't intentionally miscommunicate with humans... Frankly, I find it surprising I am still able to string together words to make complete sentences. Just an idea... if you want to understand what's been communicated to you read it again, think about it, try to imagine how it is right and makes sense, look up the definitions of some words... think about it deeply and widely... then read your thoughts and pretend my comments aren't here and you are just talking to yourself.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
man, there has been way too much going on in this dumpster fire of a thread for me to reply to everything, so i'm going to try and keep this short. also, thank you to all the me's out there that came forward, you really made my day :p

@FrumpyWatkins you've already decided i'm a terrible person and StP is an awful place, so there's basically nothing i can do to convince you otherwise. unfortunately, you're just going to continue to sow hate and spew lies, so i'm banning your account.

If that seems unfair to anyone, let me remind you that myself and the staff here put in a lot of unpaid time to make this a productive place for people to learn, make friends, and have awesome adventures in real life. If you're here to just hang out, post nothing of use to anyone and just take up space, we will show you the door. None of us have the time to debate the semantics of every particular situation, so this will be completely at our own discretion and there will be no debate.

In addition, posting a lot of content and/or having an account that has been around a while does not excuse you from the website rules. If you enjoyed reading a person's threads or posts and are wondering why they got banned, it is because they broke the rules. 90% of the time it's really hard to get banned here (because of our warning system); in most cases, the reason someone was banned outright is because instead of taking the warning as a hint, most people decide to start harassing the staff on this site (usually the person that gave the warning) and we're not putting up with that kind of bullshit anymore. It is not our job to sit here and turn the other cheek while people take a shit on our dining room table simply because they couldn't be bothered to follow a few (very simple) rules.

We will make a reasonable attempt to let the community know why any user was banned by posting a thread about it in the announcements area. Questions regarding that situation can be directed to that thread.

Lastly, I'm going to start lumping in shit-talk of StP into our no-trolling/flaming rule. This means if you have nothing positive to say, you're free to delete your account and never come back. You are not free to come on the board every day and talk shit on the members, community, myself, or anyone else involved in StP.

This does not mean you can't give us constructive criticism. If you don't like the way something works here, please start a thread about it and we can debate it civilly. Hopefully that debate results in making this community a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I have a pretty good new squat in sfe but im leaving soon if anyone wants the keys lmk.
The peavine is gorgeous, I highly recommend that route.
Fucking winter snuck up this year
Damn It! I've been thinking and debating about applying for a position as an Amtrash locomotive engineer! They have openings for Salt Lake City, UT and St. Cloud, MN. I know I got to go through training but I'll be on call 24/7? There goes my sex life and night time weekend parties! Screw that, I'll play with my train set-No Pun=No Joke!
Made back up into Cincy for the weekend. Gonna chill with some homies before we head west for the winter..
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.' -Elie Wiesel
Bey
First Vermont snowfall; Bon hiver, everybody!
anybody up in alaska wanna play some tunes?
Supposed Mocha wrote on Chimpsarereal's profile.
Oh youre already in MI! I feel dense now, I'm in GR myself and could meet around here or West MI