Completed Question Why was Rob Nothing banned? And other musings... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

smkstcklghtng

I deleted myself
I must agree that there is room for meaningful and necessary discussion here. I started my previous account 9 years ago and have seen many threads locked that should have continued and many people banned simply because they pissed off the wrong person or pressed the wrong buttons.

that being said I previously told rob nothing I hope he got cancer because of the racist shit he said, I hope no one thinks I'm defending him individually or anyone in general.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
Cool pic that's not even of you <3

What the fuck you hiding from, homie?
Actually, matter of fact, now you got me thinking a bit.

Why do you have a custom tagline?

Just signed up = 0
is getting to know the place = 5
Hungry for Knowledge = 25
Appreciated Participator = 45
One of the Regulars = 75
Celebrated Poster = 100
Sir Posts a Lot = 250
STP Homebum = 500
Can't get enough of the site = 750
Completely Addicted = 1000
I don't see lurker extraordinaire on that list.

I don't see that you are an admin or a moderator anywhere here.

I don't see that you've gotten the blue marking of a donor?

I don't see that you've changed your name.

I don't see you've been here more than year and some months.

This is interesting, then you seem to kind of guard dog to the defense of Pist relatively quickly.

I think this definitely gives credence to what @smkstcklghtng has said about pissing off the "wrong person".

Legitimately, I'd question whether you weren't actually Pist. Other's have raised the question before that he is actually controlling other accounts here. Legitimate question. I think this adds fuel to the fire.

So let's have a genuine discussion about what's really going on at StP, because it appears to be favoritism at the least, and fraud at the worst.

So what's really up?

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
... Legitimately, I'd question whether you weren't actually Pist. Other's have raised the question before that he is actually controlling other accounts here. Legitimate question...
"Legitimate question", 100% based in paranoia.

You're being absolutely ridiculous right now, as in "worthy of ridicule".

I've hung out with @Geraldo in real life, and I can fully vouch that she is, in fact, NOT @Matt Derrick .

Have you ever even talked to Matt, and seen the magnitude of projects and upkeep he's got obligations to on a daily basis?

What makes you think he would even have TIME to manage and post content from multiple accounts?

Even if he DID, which I HIGHLY fucking doubt, who the fuck cares, aside from you, and ONLY you?

Let me know when your rival website is up and running. I'll check it out, and if it's more well-run, has better content, and higher quality people as users, I'll switch over.

Engineer J Lupo

Increasingly aggressive bro
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
there is room for meaningful and necessary discussion here
I previously called this thread vapid, but what you've said is true. I don't feel like that meaningful conversation has taken place yet, but I imagine there is room for it. So let's have that conversation. But how about let's bring facts to the table, not a bunch of this "Other's have raised the question before" and "I've seen someone beaten" nonsense. If the shit you're saying has happened, pull up the links. Present that shit, make your case. If you're gonna call motherfuckers out, have something to show. Something more than "Others believe, some people say, I'm not the only one who..."

Where is this happening? Who's been banned unfairly? Show us those posts. I suspect each and every one is some douche bag talkin a bunch of shit until he finds a way to get himself banned. I've been hanging around here a long time, and I'm not a very bias person. If someone is being wronged, I'm definitely the type to call foul. I just don't see it though, but then again I'm also not "having to force myself to fit into a PC mold to stick around here" or a closet racist, however you wanna paint it.

P.S. I'm also Matt Pist. Notice we never post at the exact same time? Awfully fishy amirite?

Last edited:

autumn

Lurker Admin
Current Location
Slab City
Legitimately, I'd question whether you weren't actually Pist.
I'm Matt too.

Sorry to break it to you, half the accounts on StP are also me - Matt. You're debating me (Matt), praising me (Matt), shit talking me (Matt). It's me (Matt) all the way down. @Geraldo is me (Matt). @MolotovMocktail is me (Matt). Though I jest as @Eng JR Lupo RV323, the account is in fact, also me - Matt.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
@Stephen DC I am now convinced that your soul purpose on StP is to troll the website.

I have brought forth evidence to back my accusation:

Post Ratings
Received: Given:
9 1 <-------this vs.
0 0
4 3
0 6 <----- this
3 0
0 0
0 1
1 0
0 0
0 0
1 2
1 8 <------and This

1 more stupid and you'll be tied with likes ;)

OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
It just sounds alot like you don't want to be here
It sounds like Frumpy wants to be here as well as Rob Nothing--who was just unjustly banned--and perhaps some other friends/knowledgeable travelers who have been banned in the past (most likely unjustly). Why even issue a warning? "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I could use the word nigger if I was referring to myself as one or using it in an academic and civil conversation." Rob Nothing made one comment... maybe in jest to his mind at the time--he was only saying he was not a sand nigger, not calling someone else one in hate. Admitting he is a "racist" doesn't mean anything either... well he admitted he is one, now ban him: We don't like your kind around here! Aren't we all if we hate what the "majority" approves is okay for us to hate in whatever time we find ourselves. It'll be okay to hate thieves, rapists, and murderers (of other humans) forever, but not groups of them that do it in our name. Three people in this thread about banning members who uttered one post of hate speech have technically spread "hate speech," though it was in jest and half of us laugh... Oh hahahahah.. you bald headed faggot wearing spandex stinking... this is okay, because I am coming from the east and west, not the south. Oh, then by all means.. try to insult me and teach me how emotions are transmitted through the Internet.

In my opinion--especially if you're too busy to make unimpaired judgments regarding the matter--users should only be permanently banned if they are not even travelers and just constantly harassing/trolling the site or using it to promote, spam, etc. Of course, every word has a definition of other words that have definitions with other words needing definitions so we can fit it to whatever agenda or point we are trying to make. Trolling now is liking less than you think is stupid. "Keep an eye on that guy: He only likes the enlightened one percent." No user who has been a part of this community for a long time and contributed time should be banned for getting drunk one time and saying something another (even if the "majority") finds offensive who might have actually been the one who was drunk and made a mistake banning them. Shadows can't admit when they're wrong (because they have no shadow of their own), but at least Rob Nothing appears to be a ghost here.

Which I believe is the point the OP was making. I, for one, as someone just finding this online forum, am still just lingering around this thread to see if there's any response except belligerence and adding insult to injury.... but apparently all the dissenters have been routinely banned. A microcosm of the macrocosm, now I get the name: Squat the Planet--just some more bodies taking a dump on the planet. I have a history of being banned from groups.... glad I got the heads up here.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
It sounds like Frumpy wants to be here as well as Rob Nothing--who was just unjustly banned--and perhaps some other friends/knowledgeable travelers who have been banned in the past (most likely unjustly). Why even issue a warning? "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I could use the word nigger if I was referring to myself as one or using it in an academic and civil conversation." Rob Nothing made one comment... maybe in jest to his mind at the time--he was only saying he was not a sand nigger, not calling someone else one in hate. Admitting he is a "racist" doesn't mean anything either... well he admitted he is one, now ban him: We don't like your kind around here! Aren't we all if we hate what the "majority" approves is okay for us to hate in whatever time we find ourselves. It'll be okay to hate thieves, rapists, and murderers (of other humans) forever, but not groups of them that do it in our name. Three people in this thread about banning members who uttered one post of hate speech have technically spread "hate speech," though it was in jest and we all laugh... Oh hahahahah.. you bald headed faggot wearing spandex stinking... this is okay, because I am coming from the east and west, not the south. Oh, then by all means.. try to insult me and teach me how emotions are transmitted through the Internet.

In my opinion--especially if you're too busy to make unimpaired judgments regarding the matter--users should only be permanently banned if they are not even travelers and just constantly harassing/trolling the site or using it to promote, spam, etc. Of course, every word has a definition of other words that have definitions with other words needing definitions so we can fit it to whatever point we are trying to make. Trolling now is liking less than you think is stupid. "Keep an eye on that guy: He only likes the enlightened one percent." No user who has been a part of this community for a long time and contributed time should be banned for getting drunk one time and saying something another (even if the "majority") finds offensive who might have actually been the one who was drunk and made a mistake banning them. Shadows can't admit when they're wrong (because they have no shadow of their own), but at least Rob Nothing appears to be a ghost here.

Which I believe is the point the OP was making. I, for one, as someone just finding this online forum, am still just lingering around this thread to see if there's any response except belligerence and adding insult to injury.... but apparently all the dissenters have been routinely banned. A microcosm of the macrocosm, now I get the name: Squat the Planet--just some more bodies taking a dump on the planet. I have a history of being banned from groups.... glad I got the heads up here.
Stephen, I was NOT insulting you. The fact that you got so insulted by an example shows very well how hate can be interpreted from words and hurt. It's ironic that you defended Rob by asking that question and then got permanently agro from an example as an explanation.
The fact that you include spandex stinking in your perceived insult, when spandex and farts were only mentioned in a joke between me and Testicool definetly not directed at anyone, makes me believe you are either not trying to be reasonable or someone's alt account.

OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
Stephen, I was NOT insulting you. The fact that you got so insulted by an example shows very well how hate can be interpreted from words and hurt. It's ironic that you defended Rob by asking that question and then got permanently agro from an example as an explanation.
I am not insulted... that you believe I am from my writing or that I am being aggressive only further illustrates that you cannot possibly infer anything from others' writing about their heart, their body and soul. Communication is mostly body language and emotions that are transmitted to others in local space/time; it is not being transmitted on the internet. It is all in your head, whatever you imagine my tone and texture to be, and you feel and see what you choose and want to be there to somehow prove your own shadow right.

Imagine me sitting on a yoga mat, completely apathetic and empty, just smiling amused and shrugging.

I am not necessarily defending Rob Nothing... more like I saw some future where I got banned two years of using site, contributing, but never got to know the admin so they took a look at one thread where I got sloppy and offended some "group" or "person" or whatever and now am locked out of another place I was looking to make a home and fulfill that false desire for a sense of belonging. I simply don't want to be part of a group that bans authentic users for one isolated incident, or for occasionally expressing some rage or hate. Especially when it is obviously very arbitrary who gets the hammer. Certainly not the insiders. Who would want to be? "Leave it at the door?" What door? I walked out of my prison cell trying to find... something else... but I guess this is just the prison yard.

briancray

Pilgrim
Current Location
Albion, NY
Website
www.bikethe.us
In all honesty there are word censors you can put in place on any forum to avoid racist comments and change them to asterisks...I see they aren't in place here. But aside from that even after his ban you can still read his post as it was never edited by a mod lol. If it was that serious of an issue then why was it not edited out. Wish I could have at least exchanged info with him.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
I am not insulted... that you believe I am from my writing or that I am being aggressive only further illustrates that you cannot possibly infer anything from others' writing about their heart, their body and soul. Communication is mostly body language and emotions that are transmitted to others in local space/time; it is not being transmitted on the internet. It is all in your head, whatever you imagine my tone and texture to be, and you feel and see what you choose and want to be there to somehow prove your own shadow right.

Imagine me sitting on a yoga mat, completely apathetic and empty, just smiling amused and shrugging.

I am not necessarily defending Rob Nothing... more like I saw some future where I got banned two years of using site, contributing, but never got to know the admin so they took a look at one thread where I got sloppy and offended some "group" or "person" or whatever and now am locked out of another place I was looking to make a home and fulfill that false desire for a sense of belonging. I simply don't want to be part of a group that bans authentic users for one isolated incident, or for occasionally expressing some rage or hate. Especially when it is obviously very arbitrary who gets the hammer. Certainly not the insiders. Who would want to be? "Leave it at the door?" What door? I walked out of my prison cell trying to find... something else... but I guess this is just the prison yard.
So, you're either miscommunicating on purpose or fooling yourself.

If you can't see the disrespect in miscommunicating on purpose, and how condescending it is, when I was giving my view trying to explain your question then you'll probably eventually end up banned, which may be the reason for your first question in the first place.
I have nothing against you Stephen but purposefully not trying to understand (and I don't mean not accepting) and then willfully miscommunicating is just plain stupid. No offense, really.

I edited this before I saw your rating. You may want to rerate. I'm not trying to make you look foolish.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
wait, i didnt get to see the ''stinky spandex'' comment; i think it may have been edited out. can anyone find it?
It's in the previous page after coywolfs rating examination post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.
Nice try, Sheriff, but your gonna have to get up earlier in the morning if you want to catch this idiot(with two arms). Got myself perma banned from the home bum shelter. Called them out for giving donations intended for folks in need to their employees.
Hospital visits always help fix one problem and start more. Fuck yo.
Rhubarb Dwyer wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
Bazinga!!!

Members online