Completed Question Why was Rob Nothing banned? And other musings... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
When it seems like someone is being a dick (to me or another) I just ignore them--especially when they are intoxicated. I don't antagonize them and then ban them from my perception for life because they kept poking back... claiming they wasted my time. I don't sit over them threatening them from my own throne of junk... like how did we even get to the point to judge some behavior as wrong and others as right? Offenders are always welcome back with forgiveness and understanding, because we've all been there. When we are in our spiritual awareness of self--like adults should be--we know that children (or drunks) project out their own self-hatred. You don't stop the cycle by punishing those who sin, but by teaching children how to see the sinner is hurting themselves, judging themselves. If you do the former, all you do is create an environment where people are afraid to speak and feel freely... or a society of squares that all believe they are perfect circles because they've imprisoned all their imperfections.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
Wow, you've inadvertently given a great example of what we've been trying to say in these threads. Like has been mentioned previously, you have to make an effort to get in trouble here.

Hate speech, even "in jest," is not tolerated here. We want the board to be welcoming to all people and throwing around words like that creates an unfriendly environment. Warning issued.
It was used as an example in a civil discussion and not with hateful intent. (As according to rules) You've issued me a warning wrongly, or at least it seems that way to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
@FrumpyWatkins sorry you feel that way, but tons of people have already explained what happened and why.

If you think StP was better when it was just about trains, perhaps it's time for you go. Most decent human beings grow and evolve as time goes on, and the same is true for myself and StP as a community. Maybe you and this community have just grown apart?

You could always start your own website, but people that like to complain rarely have the ambition and patience or are willing to put in the effort required.
Heh, I enjoy your off the cuff attempt at insult that I am somehow complaining or that I lack ambition or patience or that you have ever even met me in real life and know anything about me.

I'm going to be at a certain music thing coming up here in the next few weeks, and I plan on playing the same game I've played for the last half decade where I ask other actual street kids (365ers) what they think of Matt Pist and StP. Hopefully this time I film some of it, because the reactions are always fantastically anti you and often provide a good chuckle.

I've seen the various Facebook group threads calling for your death, with a bounty, whether they were jest or not, people actually posted them, and some of the responses were quite amusing.

I've seen someone severely beaten in a yard for repping your website once.

I don't need or want to start a competitive site. But I think you're the one who really needs to step aside and I think you have known that since you made the "wah wah stroke my ego" thread in 2k14.

You made an awesome website, you're probably an awesome guy, you probably have lot's of great ideas.

Unfortunately you can't shape culture with an internet forum. Groups like DKCSC, even with the trolling, have gone far and above the content currently brought here. This is basically just a funnel for people who read vice articles and /r/vagabond. Maybe you could have shaped it, I don't know, but I think your ego played a large part in this website going astray. Look at your avatar, you're literally sitting in a thrown.

Come up with a game plan to pass this thing on or open it up or something. It's becoming stifling, and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I think you have done a really good job. But all good things must come to an end.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
^Damn dude, that was probably one of the most assholeish posts I've ever seen.

If you don't like the site or the people that run it, then you are free to leave. Bitching about it in a forum will likely do nothing.

As far as the god damn culture war and elitism shit in the traveling world, those fuckers need to fuck off and die. Calling for people's deaths and shit. This culture isnt just for "them" "hardcore/traincore" bullshit.

And getting beaten for repping StP? Yet again, this is why travel solo. Fucking a man.

Seriously, what does this converasation and negativity accomplish?

Coywolf

Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
And yes, that really speaks to your maturity, rating that post stupid, because you do not agree with it..;)

OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
^Damn dude, that was probably one of the most assholeish posts I've ever seen.

If you don't like the site or the people that run it, then you are free to leave. Bitching about it in a forum will likely do nothing.

As far as the god damn culture war and elitism shit in the traveling world, those fuckers need to fuck off and die. Calling for people's deaths and shit. This culture isnt just for "them" "hardcore/traincore" bullshit.

And getting beaten for repping StP? Yet again, this is why travel solo. Fucking a man.

Seriously, what does this converasation and negativity accomplish?
I'm saying what I have seen, in real life. I'm not bringing negativity here. There is no culture war. Matt knows very well he is not well liked among a large portion of the ACTUAL traveling community. There was a huge break away from this site as a result of these sentiments, years back. Learn some history kid.

And it is a stupid post, and it deserves a stupid rating. Has nothing to do with maturity. You didn't comprehend my post, and you don't know the history here, therefore, it's stupid.

Coywolf

Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
It just sounds alot like you don't want to be here, so why are you?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'm aware there is a large portion of travelers that hate this site, and anyone that is on it.

They are free to not be here, or make their own forums. I just don't understand the trivial shit talking.

Coywolf

Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
And I'm not defending StP or Matt, I just don't get why people have to always have a war against something. Unless this site is directly making a negative impact on the community.

And your right. I don't know the whole history of what happened with StP and the people who split off, my bad, would kinda like to know though.

But kicking someone's ass or writing people off for an Internet forum? Lame.

I do see where you are coming from with the censorship and banning though. Hate speech is bad. I get it. But Rob Nothing was on here for a long time, and contributed some good info, I would have just closed the thread, or delete the posts and warned him.

But shit, it's not my website, either.

Last edited:

Geraldo

The Saltiest Mod
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
Gutter punks will be gutter punks, thinking they're somehow superior to everyone else without doing a god damn thing to deserve that massively inflated ego. Why don't y'all shut the actual fuck up and go MAKE a competing site if you're SO dissatisfied? Come the fuck on now, I thought y'all were sooooooooo punk and so anti-establishment. Go your own way, then.

Frankly, the anti-StP rants on StP reek of the "I'm so traincore I was born suicide and got circumsized on the fly!" crowd. You're basically just having a public circle jerk, no one is actually impressed with y'all.

OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
Gutter punks will be gutter punks, thinking they're somehow superior to everyone else without doing a god damn thing to deserve that massively inflated ego. Why don't y'all shut the actual fuck up and go MAKE a competing site if you're SO dissatisfied? Come the fuck on now, I thought y'all were sooooooooo punk and so anti-establishment. Go your own way, then.

Frankly, the anti-StP rants on StP reek of the "I'm so traincore I was born suicide and got circumsized on the fly!" crowd. You're basically just having a public circle jerk, no one is actually impressed with y'all.
Cool patch hat, bandanna, and puppers. ;););)

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I've seen someone severely beaten in a yard for repping your website once.
Whoa, that's pretty serious, I'm surprised you're still here. Maybe you should make like a dick and beat it before something terrible like that ends up happening to you. You know.. because you're still here, which is in a way kind of repping the site pretty fuckin hard isn't it? Be sure to click the little poo emoji below on your way out though, 249 more of those bad boys gets me a big shiny achievement I've always wanted.

Last edited:
OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
Whoa, that's pretty serious, I'm surprised you're still here. Maybe you should make like a dick and beat it before something terrible like that ends up happening to you. You know.. because you're still here, which is in a way kind of repping the site pretty fuckin hard isn't it? Be sure to click the little poo emoji below on your way out though, 249 more of those bad boys gets me a big shiny achievement I've always wanted.

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
It is a pretty fuckin vapid thread. Why was he banned? Because he's a dick. Oh and that's not cool, to be a dick? Nope. But maybe he should have been warned? He was.

Four pages later, here we are. I suppose we could just stop replying and it'll be long forgotten, a lot like the people who've been banned from this site in the past. I have no dog in this fight, I'm down for it.

Last edited:

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
It is a pretty fuckin vapid thread. Why was he banned? Because he's a dick. Oh and that's not cool, to be a dick? Nope. But maybe he should have been warned? He was.

Four pages later here we are. I suppose we could just stop replying and it'll be long forgotten, very similar to those who've been banned in the past. I'm down for it.
Agreed. The way this thread is going, I could see several more users getting banned from their comments on this thread ALONE, Lol.

To the mods; how do y'all feel about just locking this thread down, so it doesn't end up becoming an even worse dumpster fire than it already is?

OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
Agreed. The way this thread is going, I could see several more users getting banned from their comments on this thread ALONE, Lol.

To the mods; how do y'all feel about just locking this thread down, so it doesn't end up becoming an even worse dumpster fire than it already is?
Nah I think it's a fair discussion. No need to quell it. Although I would have to agree with you that if the rules for banishment were equal a few folks would have been banned based on their comments in this thread. But obviously they aren't, you can freely use homophobic slurs and be allowed to stay as proven in this thread.

You can make threats of violence, and be allowed to stay, as proven in this thread.

You can provide no meaningful content to a thread and get into philosophical debate about nonsense, and be allowed to stay, as proven in this thread.

You can verbally assault someone based on their views, and be allowed to stay, as proven by this thread.

So who knows really, seems arbitrary to me.

OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
Wouldn't want the hoghead to have his ego deflated a bit, now would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.
Nice try, Sheriff, but your gonna have to get up earlier in the morning if you want to catch this idiot(with two arms). Got myself perma banned from the home bum shelter. Called them out for giving donations intended for folks in need to their employees.
Hospital visits always help fix one problem and start more. Fuck yo.
Rhubarb Dwyer wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
Bazinga!!!

Members online