Completed Question Why was Rob Nothing banned? And other musings... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
i hate the so-called australian film music and entertainment industry. british 'comedy'; and juggalos. and hipsters. and all manner of demographics we shall not mention here (looking at YOU, pawn shop employees, harley davidson riders, elderly RV'ers, cops, lawyers, politicians, militarists, people who put twee bumperstickers on their cars, crying babies, over perfumed women, skateboarders, smartphone users, noisy kids, urban music fans, hooded sweatshirt wearers,spandex clad cyclists, joggers, and crossfit evangelists) :D
What did spandex clad cyclists ever do to you?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

DrewSTNY

Wayfarer
Current Location
Gang Mills, NY
Wow, what a thread!

Should be titled, "How long does it take for an StP thread to devolve into fart jokes?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been a few deleted accounts or bans lately that are disappointing. @zim and I had a talk about this last night and I don't know anyone who has more patience with people then Matt, zim or most of the other mods here. Some do seem a bit overzealous, but there is a system in place to prevent god-mode mod abuse as well.

I have traveled around the world and there are certainly more racist, xenophobic, and intolerant populations out there than most of the US. Even the deep south which is backwards in a lot of ways is pretty tolerant compared to some countries out there. That still doesn't excuse breaking the rules of the forum and expecting not to get the ban hammer dropped on your head.

If you want to rant, have some dignity and don't disparage others so you can feel better about yourself.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
@Testicool @Perceval you're waaaay off topic, please take your conversation to a PM.

@FrumpyWatkins sorry you feel that way, but tons of people have already explained what happened and why.

If you think StP was better when it was just about trains, perhaps it's time for you go. Most decent human beings grow and evolve as time goes on, and the same is true for myself and StP as a community. Maybe you and this community have just grown apart?

You could always start your own website, but people that like to complain rarely have the ambition and patience or are willing to put in the effort required.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
How to run a forum 101:

Many websites were built on hard work and for the most part, peace and respect. I've visited quite many. Many people face the boots because they don't know the true meaning of peace and respect. Right or wrong, many people need to be taught valuable lessons, which is why I agree with the majority. We are living in a world where political views, religious views, race, age, sex, etc., are no longer comfortable topics worth talking about. I rest my case.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
@Testicool @Perceval you're waaaay off topic, please take your conversation to a PM.

@FrumpyWatkins sorry you feel that way, but tons of people have already explained what happened and why.

If you think StP was better when it was just about trains, perhaps it's time for you go. Most decent human beings grow and evolve as time goes on, and the same is true for myself and StP as a community. Maybe you and this community have just grown apart?

You could always start your own website, but people that like to complain rarely have the ambition and patience or are willing to put in the effort required.
I get carried away.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
How do you transmit emotion through the Internet?
I fucking hate you you bald faggot!

If I wasn't in jest that would be an example of how I suppose.

Also please elucidate me on how you found my statement stupid.

OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself

Oh, since I know you were jesting I will choose to feel your humor instead of your hate. ::confused::

Maybe you transmit emotions through these "smilies." ::joyful::

I found myself feeling stupid after reading your statement, but I probably took it out of context. I am sure it made complete sense to you.

As I see it here "reality" isn't objective but subjective and it can be what you choose to believe, the only difference being that the second view allows for conscious evolution.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
Oh, since I know you were jesting I will choose to feel your humor instead of your hate. ::confused::

Maybe you transmit emotions through these "smilies." ::joyful::

I found myself feeling stupid after reading your statement, but I probably took it out of context. I am sure it made complete sense to you.
You can infer hate from what someone writes, hence this deal with Rob Nothing.
In my case there's no hate to be infered since it was obviously an example of an insult with an underlying hateful view of bald and homossexual people.
And what I meant is that, besides we only ever grasping reality subjectively through our senses and "brain wiring", it becomes even more subjective since, as intelligent beings, we're capable of rewiring ourselves.

And you rated this stupid aswell. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
I sometimes believe there is a way to reduce soul into information for the mind to process... the mind's gonna figure everything out. ::borg::

Are you saying that reality is objective and perception is subjective and you can rewire your perception with your beliefs to tune into a certain frequency of objective reality your subjective perception particularly likes making it even more "subjective" or narrow? ::confused::

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
I sometimes believe there is a way to reduce soul into information for the mind to process... the mind's gonna figure everything out. ::borg::

Are you saying that reality is objective and perception is subjective and you can rewire your perception with your beliefs to tune into a certain frequency of objective reality your subjective perception particularly likes making it even more "subjective" or narrow? ::confused::
Seems to me like you're viewing what I'm saying through an arbitrary separation of "soul", "mind" and "body", hence the confusion?

Anyway, we're going off-topic. I'm willing to carry this discussion in a private conversation if you want.

OP
A

A New Name

I deleted myself
I already told you, reading your posts makes me feel stupid. You must be really intelligent.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but the stupid rating means you found the post stupid, not that it made you feel stupid. Hence my asking for clarification so as to try to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Stephen DC

I deleted myself
Seems to me like you're viewing what I'm saying through an arbitrary separation of "soul", "mind" and "body", hence the confusion?

Anyway, we're going off-topic.
Earth, Fire, Water, Wind

Body is
Sensual Self,
Mind is
Thinking Self,
Soul is
Feeling Self,
Spirit is
Aware Self
Ahh.. yes, we've been warned. ::rules::

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh loook...::woot:: folks so bored ::borg:: they can make a big deal outa Nothing thread... ::drinkingbuddy::

Was that sarcasm?::eyepatch::::artist::::eyepatch::

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
STP ain't that hard to figgure out don't be a dick and you don't get banned...

Need to figure out what being a dick is... \? then go back the playground of life and findout

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA

Wow, you've inadvertently given a great example of what we've been trying to say in these threads. Like has been mentioned previously, you have to make an effort to get in trouble here.

Hate speech, even "in jest," is not tolerated here. We want the board to be welcoming to all people and throwing around words like that creates an unfriendly environment. Warning issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Bey
The Dumpster giveth...! Good skipping today, with some line struggle, though, over the freegan vs. "meegan" positions...
van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Staff online