Who else does winter do this to?

astreet09

Reaction score
"It’s hard to really look at someone and go, ‘Hey, maybe something nice will happen.” I know too much about life to have any optimism. Because I know even if it’s nice, it’s going to lead to shit. I know if you smile at someone, and they smile back, you’ve just decided that something shitty is going to happen. You might have a nice couple of dates, but then she’ll stop calling you back, and that will feel shitty. Or you will date for a long time, and then she will have sex with one of your friends, or you will with one of hers, and that will be shitty. Or you will get married and it won’t work out, and you will get divorced and split your friends and money and that is horrible. OR you will meet the perfect person, who you love infinitely, and you even argue well, and you grow together and you have children and then you get old together, AND then she’s gonna DIE. That’s the best case scenario; that you’re gonna lose your best friend and then just walk home from d’agostino’s with heavy bags every day and wait for your turn to be nothing, also."

I was watching a Louis CK stand up thing, and I couldn't figure out whether I should laugh or cry.

D

Deleted member 2626

Avoid dating. I don't go lookin for chicks anymore I dont date either I only hookup with girls. Dating and shut almost sickens me a

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
avoid dating is good. the only reason i am with who i am now is cuz i stumbled into their house a few months back lookin to get high. shit happened and shit happened. now im faced with the decision of leaving her behind (which i will if she dont wanna come with) when spring comes cuz shes a citygirl, im a travelin fool. what can you do?

Learn to be happy as a single person, I did that in the past. taught myself that relationships are just balls n chains. your better off without them, cuz when its all said and done, usually all that awaits ya is heartache.

ive always said, as a travelin hitchhiker/hobo/tramp/vagabond/homeless etc , your gonna have the odds against you in finding a girl/guy

D

Deleted member 2626

Exactly bein a traveling person makes stuff like that even harder. Its best tone single for sure no ball and chain like said

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure what OP was/is saying but reading replies I am moved to agreement and vice versa: No you don't have to settle for being alone, Just be patient, keep your eyes, ears, heart and mind open and never make moves unless your sure that your sure they are wanted. Though 90% of the time heartache is inevitable why give up and live in misery? better to have loved and lost than not at all right? though it feels horrible afterwards and most likely will never subside to a dull ache let alone entirely :(

As for dating, I personally see this as the biggest lie ever - think about it! what does it mean when you say 'molly and I are dating now' well usually 'dating' is the prerequisite to marriage, also the designation of relationship 'going steady, goin out, courting - betrothed and engaged' they all mean the intention of a bond both legally recognized and permitted under GOD and the GOVERNMENT . . .
Does any one else see whats wrong with this picture?

A bond in love, lust or emotional or other wise symbiosis between two people (no matter if hereto, homo or lezbo) is a bond you don't need the government to "license" your marrage to this person, diamonds are blood fueled, it carries no weight as it once did, and god dosent exist in a manner that really gives a fuck who your fucking nor your commitment to "honer them till death do you part"
I was in love once, it has turned sour, I am happy and enlightened, my life goes on though I still sometimes hurt but if you never hurt you never will have the perspective to identify true happiness or any slight variation there of.
The strength of a bond is shown by being the face that person sees every morning across from them, an equal plane of co-existence - "on tha level"
I have no more to say . . .

Nelco

Reaction score
if you don't get hurt, than you didn't love..if you didn't love, than you missed out on what lifes about.
date.
get hurt.
do it again.
be alive.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fuckin A Nelco, fuckin A man

EDIT: Also someone said something about "learn to be happy alone" This Is partially true for me at least. I am very happy alone, my cup is over full and I spill it preferably into others cups but usually people are too concerned with self pity to see the true nature of and beauty of life as simple as it is just existing and feeling - weather rage, love, anger, hate, fear, happiness, compassion, sadness, - etc,. they all let you know you are alive!
And when someone finds that your life elixir is good and is drawn to you its simply that you radiate inner light and people will be drawn to you, sometimes they are the type of person that leaches, that sap and sap alwase complaining and never aware how much they hurt you by taking your all and never returning anything and sometimes, SOMETIMES! you will make the right moves at the right time and catch a person who complements you and you both drink from each others joys and sorrow equally - this I believe is the basic building blocks which love is erected upon.

Nelco

Reaction score

Nelco

Reaction score
damn it...i read your signature diagaro and mistook it for a thread reply..and accidentally quoted the part i didn't read.

astreet09

Reaction score
I don't know. Dating is alright. And I didn't really agree with the cheating thing, since I'm trying to explore polyamoury. But I do still have weird jealousy issues, and even if I feel like I own those feelings or whatever, it still sucks. A few weeks ago I would've totally disagreed with all this, because I'm on good terms with pretty much all my ex's. But I do think like that a lot.

Like, even if I see someone that I think is real hot, and I could imagine us having a conversation, ultimately the horrible micro-managey part of my brain takes over, and I'm like, "Well. Where the fuck would it lead anyway?"

Nelco

Reaction score
I don't know. Dating is alright. And I didn't really agree with the cheating thing, since I'm trying to explore polyamoury. But I do still have weird jealousy issues, and even if I feel like I own those feelings or whatever, it still sucks. A few weeks ago I would've totally disagreed with all this, because I'm on good terms with pretty much all my ex's. But I do think like that a lot.

Like, even if I see someone that I think is real hot, and I could imagine us having a conversation, ultimately the horrible micro-managey part of my brain takes over, and I'm like, "Well. Where the fuck would it lead anyway?"

sounds like there's a hunger in you that hasn't been satisfied yet..feed your needs

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
astreet09 I think this is good thinking ahead - I do it too, I could be a go getter, I could be sleepin with a diffrent woman every night and then some If I chose but I don't for reasons of moralaty and lazieness, I don't think its BAD to be fucking more than one person its just more trouble than its worth - one woman is WAY MORE than enough for me, but kudos for being aware of eventuality - shit gets fucked up, sooner or later shit gets fucked up

astreet09

Reaction score
sounds like there's a hunger in you that hasn't been satisfied yet..feed your needs

However terrifying that sounds, and kind of creepy and hilarious at the same time, I think I know what you're trying to say.

Where I'M at, is freshly out of the only ltr that meant anything to me. And really bitter and annoyed with the whole dating scene. So I'm not sure it has anything to do with having 'not been satisfied yet,' as opposed to being fed up.

Medusa

Reaction score
I can get pretty skeptical at times, but I still have hope. It seems we all have problems with dating, but that's how it goes. It's not easy because of a number of factors. I think many of us just have issues we haven't resolved yet, like figuring ourselves out. Whatever the reason may be, there are a lot of shitty/confused people out there that you will have to get past in order to find the right person. Out of all the people in the world, I'm sure there's someone for everyone. Just because your prior relationships ended in heartache, doesn't mean you should give up. Getting hurt is a part of life. Pain and pleasure go hand in hand, always.
The key is to be your best on your own, then you will attract the right people (even if it's hard to see through all the shitty people). Don't let the world confuse you. As corny as it may sound, follow your heart. I know all too well, it's easy to confuse what your heart is saying (especially when the voices of other people cloud your mind and hide your inner voice).
Anyway, life should be enjoyed to its fullest. So, why not allow yourself the possibility of love? The relationship (or whatever you want to call it) might not last, but it sure as hell is better to feel it for a moment than to spend your whole life stuck inside yourself. Just fucking people your whole life seems so empty and pointless to me. Pain is a good thing to experience. I'd much rather feel pain than be numb. People are pretty fucking frustrating, but good things don't come easily. If they did, we wouldn't appreciate them very much. You gotta go through hell to get to heaven, I say. And like Streetlight said, you should just jump right in when it feels right. Carpe diem.

"You can destroy your now by worrying about tomorrow."--Janis Joplin

"if you got a cat for one day, man - I mean, if you, say, say, maybe you want a cat for 365 days, right - You ain't got him for 365 days, you got him for one day, man. Well I tell you that one day, man, better be your life. Because, you know, you can say, oh man, you can cry about the other 364, man, but you're gonna lose that one day, man, and that's all you've got. You gotta call that love, man. That's what it is, man. If you got it today you don't want it tomorrow, man, 'cause you don't need it, 'cause as a matter of fact, as we discovered on the train, tomorrow never happens, man. It's all the same fucking day, man."--Janis Joplin

She said "man" a bit too much, but she definitely has the right idea.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads