Photos - White Mountain National Forest, NH | Squat the Planet

Photos White Mountain National Forest, NH

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Oh man did I fall in love with this nat'l forest today. I don't know about you but when I drive in the car alone I talk to myself and today I screamed "THIS PLACE IS LIKE YOSEMITE BUT JUST NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!"

There were hills and a switch back and every time I saw a new view I shed a tear of joy.

image1.jpe

I walked out to Sabbaday Falls, which is the next 3 photos. So pretty <3
image.jpe

image5.jpe

image3.jpe

Rocks. Rocks rock, man. Sometimes you take rocks for granite!!!! Haha!!

image4.jpe

There were tons and tons of trails I wish I could've hiked and places to swim and camp, I could have stayed there forever but was only passing through for the day.

I highly recommend if you're ever in the area!!!

CheezusCrust

Reaction score
Love this place and know it well. You can hike for years here and still have many places left to explore. Did you drive through Franconia notch? Great pics!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
can you swim/camp near those falls and stuff? might make a good spot for a future stp jamboree.

Reactions: Hillbilly Castro

CheezusCrust

Reaction score
I don't think those areas can accommodate a large group of people BUT there is most definitely spots in the forest that can for sure. One of them is the thirteen tiered waterfall tent site at the Lincoln woods trailhead. It's about a 6/8(can't remember exactly) mile hike on fairy flat trails out to a massive cascading waterfall. The tent site can also accommodate a lot of people with plenty of space in the surrounding woods to fit more. Owls head mountain is also right there but has bested me twice (mostly because I am too hung over to make the climb haha). I'd be more than willing to scout some spots up there, I know of a few more good ones already...

Reactions: Koala

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Love this place and know it well. You can hike for years here and still have many places left to explore. Did you drive through Franconia notch? Great pics!

Thank you!! No didn't make it up north towards Franconia. Definitely have to go back though. Would be totally awesome to have one of the StP gatherings there! @CheezusCrust, sounds like you definitely know enough about that park to scope out an sweet spot

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
whoa, im so close to there,on the border of vermont and nh right now. im thinking to driving throu next day or two, thanks for sharing! is there a place you may know of to park van and camp out of it?

CheezusCrust

Reaction score
Look for small trailheads.its really common for people to park their cars there while they are on overnight treks into the trails. Some of the bigger trailhead a make you pay so I'd avoid them. The bulk of the trailheads are small and secluded.

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads