Which backpack?

ydnalein

Reaction score
Hey, you'll maybe know that i want to travel through asia for about a year. Can you recommand any? What should i do to be (more) save from thiefs and robbers? How big should it be?

Thanks

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
http://www.tortugabackpacks.com/

I have the V2 and fit almost everything I own

i know one of the people that works with that company. never tried the backpacks though.

personally, i currently use the osprey farpoint 70. i like it cause it' has a detachable daypack that i keep my valuables in:

if you're doing more outdoorsy stuff though, you might consider a more traditional hiking backpack.

also, i corrected your thread title to 'backpack' from 'backbag' :)

ydnalein

Reaction score
Thx matt, sry i was very tired yesterday xD

Both bp's seem to be a little small, aren't they? I just think because i'm gonna live out of it for a year. And i do have a tent and sleeping bag.

And is it neccesary to dye it and make it look old?

MilkaNoobie

Reaction score
Thx matt, sry i was very tired yesterday xD

Both bp's seem to be a little small, aren't they? I just think because i'm gonna live out of it for a year. And i do have a tent and sleeping bag.

And is it neccesary to dye it and make it look old?

The Tortuga V2 is on sale right now and it's a beast....took everything. It the kitchen sink this morning when I left the house

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Two of these with seatbelts as the straps (best straps):
post-131595-0-74040900-1442442861.jpg

Wear them on both sides, on your hips, fasten them onto bikes as panniers, clip them together as one shoulder bag, or wear one as a backpack and one as a shoulder bag. They are tiny, so it requires you to pack light (which is a positive), and they make you look poor and unassuming but "vintage" enough to fit in with more bourgeois types. I keep each one weighing about five pounds, with only half its volume occupied with gear (the other half is for food). This means investing in ultralight backpacking gear, which is big money, but the payoff is worth it. This is what I'm taking to Europe.

ydnalein

Reaction score
Okay, the v2 has many atvantages. The two bags seem really too small for me. But they also look very practical and save.
But i think i'd have trouble fixing a tent and sleeping bag to both of them though. Maybe i should buy the content first and see in which bag it fits?

But i think i'll buy a v2 anyways, 'cause i can use it for any journey.

Thx for your help.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads