where to get bones

Moldy Dixie

Current Location
anywhere
Anyone know where to get a good set of bones? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but not all bones sound the same

OP
Moldy Dixie

Moldy Dixie

Current Location
anywhere
no, Im playing them as bones. its kinda like spoons, but instead of hitting them against yer body, you hold one tight, and use a wrist flipping motion to make them strike eachother.

purr

Current Location
Dekalb, IL
The woods. There's a forest preserve in my town with a pretty sizable deer population, not uncommon to come across almost complete skeletons back there every once in awhile.

Reactions: Earth
OP
Moldy Dixie

Moldy Dixie

Current Location
anywhere
thats what i was thinking, its easier to find a deer skeleton down here than a butcher

iSTEVEi

Rambler
Current Location
Wolverhampton
Yeh, I second the woods. Not many deer around where I live but can normally find cats/foxes/squirells if you look hard enough.

E

Earth

I deleted myself
yup, we're constantly finding all kinds of skeletal remains while out on out hikes, me and me dogo......

OP
Moldy Dixie

Moldy Dixie

Current Location
anywhere
I saw em all the time growing up, but since i left home Ive stuck to mainly urban areas

Fishkiss

Pilgrim
Current Location
Oxford, United States
Look near highways...they usually leave the dead animals on the side...it takes time for decomp...this mite sound kinda raw but take a knife and gloves and get in there and pull em out...definitely get a shower and bleach the bones after...

OP
Moldy Dixie

Moldy Dixie

Current Location
anywhere
i see a ton of dead dogs n deer, I could get the ribs out, but getting a shower afterwards'd be a mite of a problem, as well as artificially bleaching the bones. also, i try not to carry a large enough knife to be useful in that situation. I could find one thats decomposed enough to just pick the ribs up though

Mikael Runefoot

Rambler
Current Location
Philadelphia
Honestly you will find alot of bones along train tracks that you could imagine animals living near. if the tracks go through a secluded area or a forest, you can bet that you will find alot of animal bones. I used to walk my trolly tracks when I was younger and get trashbags full of animal bones. Just be safe and dont get a ticket like i did. lol dumbass