what to do in salinas, california | Squat the Planet

what to do in salinas, california

SoloDrifter1980

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Currently in Salinas California and heard differing opinions on the friendliness of the place, wondering what experiences others have had and what they've found to work while they visited? I'm definitely interested in getting over to the beach (thinking by the abandoned military base?) But need dibs on good camping spots and potentially good spots to fly (without having to from the police, if possible)? Thanks!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ol' Janis had an experience in that town. But seriously, I am on my way down to mid/so-cal How is the weather down in Salinas?

If i remember correctly, that entire area is like a whole bunch of farmland, right? I can give you some good spots up by Davenport, but I dont know much about inland. That Salinas River area looks pretty good.

Reactions: SoloDrifter1980

SoloDrifter1980

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ol' Janis had an experience in that town. But seriously, I am on my way down to mid/so-cal How is the weather down in Salinas?

If i remember correctly, that entire area is like a whole bunch of farmland, right? I can give you some good spots up by Davenport, but I dont know much about inland. That Salinas River area looks pretty good.
Hell yeah bro! The weather is good, low 60°'s, rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday but clear 60°-70° for a good 5 days after that. Where I tend to do best is spangin' truck stops and there is a Pilot here in Salinas so that's where I am until after the next rain spell then plan on going to Ft. Ord beach to enjoy it and maybe get a vid and pics. But you heading down, let me know, texting me would probably get a faster response @ 4793251441 then I can put your number in contacts. Been to Davenport, awesome little spot but unfortunately was raining bad when my friend took me so really didn't get to enjoy. Yeah, you get down here hit me up I'll cruise around with ya!

Reactions: Coywolf

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
moved to destinations by region > united states

i've also updated your title, PLEASE try to be more descriptive in the future.

Reactions: SoloDrifter1980
Reaction score
Website
www.vagabondsphoto.com
I worked at j&s military surplus for 3 months summer of 17' in moss Landing.

Salinas river state beach in moss Landing along with the marina are excellent overnight parking/camping spots. A little out of town from Salinas but amazing atmosphere. Fort ord is really cool by Marina. Tons of bandos.

Monterey is also beautiful and should definitely be checked out.

Stick to the beaches and water areas and you will have no problems
Enjoy the area. It's beautiful

Any other questions feel free to ask. Me and the wife explored the whole bay area from Monterey to Santa cruz

SoloDrifter1980

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I worked at j&s military surplus for 3 months summer of 17' in moss Landing.

Salinas river state beach in moss Landing along with the marina are excellent overnight parking/camping spots. A little out of town from Salinas but amazing atmosphere. Fort ord is really cool by Marina. Tons of bandos.

Monterey is also beautiful and should definitely be checked out.

Stick to the beaches and water areas and you will have no problems
Enjoy the area. It's beautiful

Any other questions feel free to ask. Me and the wife explored the whole bay area from Monterey to Santa cruz
You said by the Marina was good camping? You think that only applies to those in vehicles? Because all I have is a sleeping bag and tarp... thanks for the info!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads