Video Where all my bass guitar players at?

SouthernSammon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I found an old video of me playing a rad lil bass part from one of my favorite songs. Can anybody guess what song it’s is?

Reactions: roughdraft

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice bass though. That's my favorite model, looks like an SDGR Ibanez sound gear? The action is so nice and the neck is so thin, for the price they're unbeatable.

MFB

Reaction score
Holy smokes, thats Carosel from Blink 182s chesire cat. Blast from the past.

I saw them at the very 1st warped tour, maybe i was 13. loved the intro riff on M&Ms and bought that album. So bad,but i loved the recording, drums sounded like trash cans!

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

SouthernSammon

Reaction score
Holy smokes, thats Carosel from Blink 182s chesire cat. Blast from the past.

I saw them at the very 1st warped tour, maybe i was 13. loved the intro riff on M&Ms and bought that album. So bad,but i loved the recording, drums sounded like trash cans!
Yup! My favorite song from the entire album. This is the first song I learned how to play. It took me forever to get “good” at the bass part (it’s still difficult) I’m not even sure if I’m playing it 100% correct.

I might be making this up, but I think Mark Hoppus even said he can’t play it right ever since he created it lol

MFB

Reaction score
Yup! My favorite song from the entire album. This is the first song I learned how to play. It took me forever to get “good” at the bass part (it’s still difficult) I’m not even sure if I’m playing it 100% correct.

I might be making this up, but I think Mark Hoppus even said he can’t play it right ever since he created it lol

Heck yea, I digs it. Havent heard it in years. I liked Dude Ranch a lot when I was little too.

I think it's safe to say Blink 182 would not be a popular band around this forum. I cant imagine anyone else guessing the song from your intro other than me.

To your last bit, they we all pretty shitty musicians, and shitty live. Tom got mediocre with time.....they wrote catchy fast tunes though. and part of youth is liking shitty bands!

SouthernSammon

Reaction score
Heck yea, I digs it. Havent heard it in years. I liked Dude Ranch a lot when I was little too.

I think it's safe to say Blink 182 would not be a popular band around this forum. I cant imagine anyone else guessing the song from your intro other than me.

To your last bit, they we all pretty shitty musicians, and shitty live. Tom got mediocre with time.....they wrote catchy fast tunes though. and part of youth is liking shitty bands!
I can’t imagine anybody not ever being a fan of blink-182. It’s almost a write of passage.
And yeah I definitely agree that they’re shitty musicians, except for Travis. He’s an incredible drummer.

Dude Ranch is my favorite album. With such great songs like Apple Shampoo, Dammit and Dick lips. Can’t be beat.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I can’t imagine anybody not ever being a fan of blink-182. It’s almost a write of passage.

Try to imagine being about 45 years old, having grown up on more of a Minor Threat era punk music, like actual punk without the bubblegum. Is it still hard to imagine someone not liking blink?

MFB

Reaction score
Told you @SouthernSammon!

Round these parts *right of passage music is one of the 12 bands that Stza was in.
Who was an equally shitty musician.

I agree about Travis Barker. But He didnt come on until after dood ranch. i was referring to the drummer, scott. Who was mediocre. And Tom did turn himself into a respectable guitarist.
I do believe I saw travis live way back when when he played with the aquabats.

@Eng JR Lupo RV323 i loved minor threat, bad brains, fugazi, the circle jerks, all of it. But i also loved the bubblegum of the early 90s. Millincolin, Strung out, Lagwagon, etc. Oh, jeez, the Ataris early stuff. Its horrible to listen to now, but I loved it at 13
I think I am rare in that I liked both.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthernSammon

MFB

Reaction score
Basically anyone on Epitaph or Fat Wreck chords in the early 90s, I liked.

• Agree
Reactions: kriminalmisfit
D

Deleted member 24782

I'm a sucker for "shitty" pop, country, and rap. But that's because I'm "open minded."

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

MFB

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for "shitty" pop, country, and rap. But that's because I'm "open minded."

Right, I literally listed to everything, except polka. There's a mood and place for everything. Except polka.

One of my fave things to do is go on a night ride on my bike when the streets are empty, put shitty hip hop on spotify (see-Swaggytacks) , ride no-handed, dance like a motherfucker while taking wide swerves to each side of the street. Whats my age again?

D

Deleted member 24782

Right, I literally listed to everything, except polka. There's a mood and place for everything. Except polka.

One of my fave things to do is go on a night ride on my bike when the streets are empty, put shitty hip hop on spotify (see-Swaggytacks) , ride no-handed, dance like a motherfucker while taking wide swerves to each side of the street. Whats my age again?

I took her out... it was a friday night...I wore cologne...to get the feelin right...

I listen to everything except Christian music, I don't care if a band is Christian, I just don't like Christian music. But I'm biased because I grew up a "born again."

MFB

Reaction score
@Brodiesel710 I understand that from your POV. Sorry dood.
I was into a few christian bands when I was little. Slick Shoes, Relient K, to name a few.
But they were "christian pop punk"? Oh, MXPX was christian too, they we my jam in 8th grade!

I was raised Italian Catholic. Which is uniquivocally the most depressin music in the world. Ever been to catholic mass? When I was 10 I was an alter boy so I could steal and drink the wine when we were suppose to be cleaning the rectory. (no "more like cleaning the RECTUM" jokes, please. I get. Still. Poor form.)

Only 2 months in of Alter Boy-ing I was no longer allowed to be one as I broke this 4 foot candle playing sword fighting with a classmate.

On another note; if I was ever to teach a sword fighting class
one of the subjects I would teach would be called
"laughing, then jumping off of something"

D

Deleted member 24782

@Brodiesel710 I understand that from your POV. Sorry dood.
I was into a few christian bands when I was little. Slick Shoes, Relient K, to name a few.
But they were "christian pop punk"? Oh, MXPX was christian too, they we my jam in 8th grade!

I was raised Italian Catholic. Which is uniquivocally the most depressin music in the world. Ever been to catholic mass? When I was 10 I was an alter boy so I could steal and drink the wine when we were suppose to be cleaning the rectory. (no "more like cleaning the RECTUM" jokes, please. I get. Still. Poor form.)

Only 2 months in of Alter Boy-ing I was no longer allowed to be one as I broke this 4 foot candle playing sword fighting with a classmate.

On another note; if I was ever to teach a sword fighting class
one of the subjects I would teach would be called
"laughing, then jumping off of something"

I guess I mean, that praise and worship style Christian music, where all the lyrics almost sound erotic always about "jesus entering you" hahah.

But heres a fuckin' sick song, I think at the time the band was Christian, actually.

• Haha
Reactions: MFB

SouthernSammon

Reaction score
Try to imagine being about 45 years old, having grown up on more of a Minor Threat era punk music, like actual punk without the bubblegum. Is it still hard to imagine someone not liking blink?
Yeah, Blink-182 music is pretty poppy. I don’t know too much real punk music. I tried to get into it but I haven’t found any good bands. I just gave Minor Threat a listen and they sounds pretty great.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads