When you love somebody more than they love you | Squat the Planet

When you love somebody more than they love you

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
Got an awesome lady friend/road dog, but I'm starting to think I'm investing more feeling and emotion in the whole thing than she is. How do y'all deal with this kind of situation.

She has ran off on me once and we were just recently reunited again. Should I just walk away this time? Maybe she will appreciate me more if I am the one whoskes the decision to walk off this time. Give her a taste of what it's like to be tossed to the side?

Not to sound like an emo sap here, but I really love this gal. She is awesome and I think we are really good for each other...I dunno. I have a feeling I'm just setting myself up for heartbreak again.

I'm getting fee and being lonely sucks. It's hard to find a good gal that I can relate to these days. Oh well. At least I got my cur and trains.

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
If you really dig her, than give it one more go. If she bails on you again, end it and never, ever go back. Everybody makes a mistake, that's human. When it repeats itself, that's a pattern.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I've been married for 21 years, so feel free to ignore my advice, if you think im too old to relate, but take it from someone who has lived and learned, always the hard way...walk away from anything, toxic.

You'll be much happier.

Trust me...

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Yeah, I have to amend my advice: Since I don't know the details, obviously as has been said, if it's a toxic situation, walk away. However, if it's simply doubt on your part...as I said.

InGrindWeRust

Reaction score
You cant force anyone to love you. I have dealt with a girl like this and only ended up butt hurt when she ran off with another guy right in front of me. Flaky people hardly ever change.

buffalobill

Reaction score
walk away from anything, toxic.[/QUOTE] thats cool i agree including microwaves right haha but there will always be a possotive and a negotive to any relation ship if you arnt the plus in that situation you might be the negotive but who knows i find the thing that brings people together is a common demon and there is nothing wrong with time alone unless your wrong in the head haha jk good luck

Durp

Reaction score
Man up and talk to her about your feelings. Be honest with each other and find out how she feels. There is no man on earth that can figure what the hell is going thru a womans head. Love is a bitch. I followed my lady around for almost half a year before she finally gave me a chance, and she has admitted that she truly didn't love me until about two years in. Be a man and ask her.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D

Deleted member 2626

Bummer man. I think some of us are here to be alone most of the time. Just the way it is. But like you said still have the cur. And our dogs will always fucking be there. And I've never been annoyed by my dog more than a handful of minutes or whatever like humans do where it lasts days

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
Staying with someone who doesn't return your deep and unabiding love is an absolute bitch. It stings like a radioactive UFO shard lodged straight in your heart every time you see those little hints that they don't care. I've been there, and I can really feel for you on this one. But let me tell you, life's too short for it, dude.
Being lonely is better than being in a bad relationship, and sometimes, when you really allow yourself to be lonely, when you really allow yourself to get comfortable with "alone" you realize that it's not so bad at all. That is when you find the fortitude to wait for someone who does return your love, someone who is worth dedicating your whole heart to.
Anyway, what you are going to do about this situation is, of course, all up to you. If you stay, you stay, and you take on all of the baggage associated with that. If you leave, it will be difficult for a while, but you just might be opening yourself up to something a whole lot cooler than this shitty sounding relationship.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
^ All of the above was said assuming that this is a toxic situation where your doubts are founded, by the way. If she really does love you and there's just some sort of insecurity going on, maybe stay and try to work it out. I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or another. Good luck!

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
I've done the alone thing...most of my life actually. This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life...I'm not sure why...I'm a good guy. I treat women with respect, and am always there when needed. Why do girls like assholes?

I guess I'm just destined to wander the world alone with my cut, and when he's gone...well I dunno. Being lonely sucks. Some people have told me, "settle down John, you'll find someone then, but the truth of the matter is that when I'm settled and housed up working, I'm more broke and lonely than in the road. Even okcupid doesn't work for me. I'm not even an ugly guy. Ranting now I guess.

Thanks for all the input

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I've done the alone thing...most of my life actually. This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life...I'm not sure why...I'm a good guy. I treat women with respect, and am always there when needed. Why do girls like assholes?

I guess I'm just destined to wander the world alone with my cut, and when he's gone...well I dunno. Being lonely sucks. Some people have told me, "settle down John, you'll find someone then, but the truth of the matter is that when I'm settled and housed up working, I'm more broke and lonely than in the road. Even okcupid doesn't work for me. I'm not even an ugly guy. Ranting now I guess.

Thanks for all the input
Stay single. Take it from me. A dog is better company.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads