What's your favorite food to concoct on the road?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I've had kimchi fresh packed from H-mart... damn... good stuff. I like fragrant food. :D

Current Location
Hurst, United States
Website
www.etsy.com
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Now that it's cooler out I've been all over the kimchi again. One I'm eating out of now has green onions cabbage horseradish ginger chili peppers and radish. Made one that had strawberries and mango but the sweet flavours seem to disapeare. Only stuff that I have to carry all the time to make new batches is salt, one of those little sprayer bottles of braggs, a tiny food grater and a peanut butter jar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Location
Hurst, United States
Website
www.etsy.com
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Boil in bag rice with the sprouts and kimchi... Been eating it for weeks not sick of it yet. Can even make the rice with hot water from a gas station without a stove

Last edited by a moderator:

Izzy

Pilgrim
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
My buddy actually makes pancakes substituting beer for milk and coconut oil for the eggs. My contribution is a lavender syrup. Basically if we have lavender we boil it and soak it and steep it like a tea then use that make a simple syrup with relatively equal parts sugar to lavender water. Before the simple syrup is done I toss the lavender back in and mix it up pretty well. Once the syrup is done the lavender can soak for awhile longer. Then strain it through a cheese cloth or coffee filter and pour it into a mason jar. Let it sit and cool in your bag. The lavender flavor gets stronger with age.
Just kind of use it for anything. Coffee, a honey substitute for a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Or just anything that needs to be sweetened or lavendered.

Current Location
Florence, OR
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
Not on the road but had agood concoction today of brown rice can of corn and a fee eggs cracked and stirred in there with black pepper sage minced garlic oregano

Current Location
PNW
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Wow you have been down awhile huh? Yes good in all states. Be carefull of easy states for ebt, since they get blown up. Washington & Maine were but blown up now. I would focus on getting your paperwork together where ever you are. Last pay stubbs,ssi,ssdi or other proof of income if any, id, ss card, proof of address, birth cert etc
It's still stupidly easy to get ebt in washington. At one point when applying I didn't have all of the info on my last job (last official paycheck and last day I worked) and I still got my card filled two days later. Woopdeedo.

Also, I always carry a bag of rice on me and I find that peanut butter and cheese not only taste pretty great you're also constipated for DAYS!! YEEEEAAAH.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Was staying with a family member a while ago who had a shit ton of canned food saved up for disaster prep. It was almost all expired so I was told I could use any of it. The best thing I made was something I called The Macpocalypse Survival Dinner. It was a box of mac n cheese that I added a can of beans and a can of spicy green chilis to and it was awesome.

Current Location
oakland california
Reactions
90% 10% 0%
sautee 1lb ground pork, 8oz mushrooms, 1-2 bell pepper, 1 onion, 2-4 carrots, a couple of jalopenos
sometimes add in 16oz black beans or lentils
salt, pepper, garlic, and some sort of tumeric, mustard, allsice, curry powder mix
I have two giant cast iron pans on a double burner stove
when the veggies are cooked, i dump on 8-16oz of cheese and throw the second pan on as a lid to trap heat and melt the cheese
then i heat up tortillas or put it on sourdough bread
of course this is enough food for like 5 people

if i dont have refrigeration i can substitute potatoes for ground pork and skip the cheese and mushrooms

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
Albany NY
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Brekkie goes something like a museli or rolled oat mix with heaps of nuts and whatever fruit I've got and water or milk

My lunch/dinners are usually of cans of tuna mixed with avocado + tomato chunks & crackers, or slapped on some bread

K

Keystone Ice Kid

I deleted myself
Half box mushroom couscous added to Progresso chicken alfredo penne soup. Red pepper black pepper garlic powder. Reminds me of Thanksgiving leftover stuffing, gravy, and turkey. Maybe less than half.

Current Location
Eugene, OR
Reactions
98% 3% 0%
I'm not sure how you'd manage to grind them without a food processor but if you crushed them well, ground chickpeas and water fried on a skillet make for a decent high protein food. also adding a banana will caramelize it so it will be a little more firm.