What's you camera? | Squat the Planet

What's you camera?

wartomods

Reaction score
Since this website has so much focus on photography , it would be fun if each one said what camera they usually use.

In my case it is the camera from my cheap phone sony ericson w800, lol

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
For better, higher quality pictures, i use my SLR camera, I saved up and got the Nikon D60 Gold package
D60 from Nikon
But when traveling, I just bring along my Canon point and shoot camera.
It is much smaller, covenant, and i would not have to kill my self if anything happened to it, like i would have to with my D60.
The point and shoot takes alright pictures, and it is pretty sturdy, so it travels very well.

I am also very happy to have a large memory card. It is an 8g and holds up to 2k+ pictures.
That is more than enough for me, but yeah, a large memory card is a must have for me.

Alternatively, I recently got a decent 35mm film camera in a trade, that i cannot wait to mess around with.

On a side note, what type of VIDEO cameras do you use?

I love photography, this is a good thread!

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I used a Kodak ZX1 on my Short Trip video. It's a pocket camcorder that takes VGA, HD, and HD60 video, as well as stills (though not particularly high quality; the stills in that video were taken with it). What makes it appealing to me are two things: expandable memory - it's competitor, the Flip, doesn't have this. Basically, I can use the 4GB card I have and get about 2 hours of video, or I can put in a 32 GB one. Or I can get a couple 4 GB cards. When one gets full, I can just switch them out, rather than waiting to get to a computer to open up space. The other thing I like about it is that it uses AA batteries. Also, I got mine on Amazon and it came with rechargeable batteries.

All in all, I like it a lot and would recommend it for someone who wants basic images/video. One thing I will say, though, is that Kodak released a new pocket camera that, from initial reviews, seems to be a LOT superior. It's called the Playsport HD and is waterproof. Takes some really good shots, too, from what I've seen.

Kodak ZX1 on Amazon: Amazon.com: Kodak Zx1 HD Pocket Video Camera (Black): Camera & Photo

Kodak Playsport: Amazon.com: VARIATION PARENT: Kodak PlaySport HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Black): Camera & Photo

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
I have an old DSLR, a beat up old 20D i picked up in PDX a few years ago. Pawn shops won't even take it it looks so rough. It has quite a few hot pixels on long exposures...but it still does a fine job. I get cheap well used lenses off Craigslist. If anyone wants to know how to hack most, if not all the canon powershot's, check out this wiki, CHDK Wiki . You can hack your camera for more ISO, longer exposure, (up to a min or longer) and copy and paste custom scripts, like ones that will take a pic on motion sense, and remote shutter release through USB! Lots of fun, and you don't need to be a complete camera, computer geek to make it all work. I have made a custom heavy duty clamp with ball mount to clamp onto anything i want...like ladders, and handrails. You can see some of the cool stuff you can do with that in my album...most of my riding night pix use that set up.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
I have used many of cameras and old manual 35mm Minolta STR 101 from the 60's was my first. I used in high school photography and for some of my first adventures. Then I had I Kodiak CoolPix for awhile until it was taken from my backpack at a flop house I was staying at. I just recently got a Nikon d80, but had to sell it for my plane ticket out of Alaska.

I think I am going to go back to using 35mm or even trying out the Holga 120mm.

LarZ

Reaction score
I have a Canon EOS 650 35mm film camera and a Canon DSLR, the XSi. I also briefly had an antique Twin Lens that I loooved. It didn't travel well but it was wonderful.

My 35mm is loaned out right now but I travel with my DSLR. It's worth it to me and I keep it on me at all times, or in my backpack but only when it's on my back.

crustpunk82

Reaction score
I use a daguerreotype. i would give all the specs on it but im getting a message on my telegraph.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I just found my old pentax I thought it was gone. Now i need to get some lenses for it.

13692-my-pentax-k1000-35mm-slr.jpg

13691-my-pentax-k1000-35mm-slr.jpg

D

Deleted member 1505

i have a nikon p-90. I bought it used...its alright i havent taken it out traveling with me yet though. I had a nikon d60 that i was very much in love with but my ex decided to steal it from me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads