Whats to when all your gear gets stolen

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Sometimes we have some members here who have upgraded and may have an extra to kick down. I had a kid come through my place surfing who had that happen in Alabama. He had nothing. He did contact a church though and they helped him out with a sleeping bag and a bus ticket to anywhere and that's how @zim came to Rochester, NY. That may also be an idea. Good luck!

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

JWieger

Reaction score
Website
www.pepmaster.weebly.com
Sucks to hear that I was in LA a year ago, basically busking on Hollywood Blvd, and went across the street real quick to talk to my friend when I turned around my pack was gone, sleeping bag, tent and everything. The only person who helped me was another homeless guy. Never did reclaim my stuff even though I filed a police report I never heard anything back and the security officers that were there even though there were security cameras didn't help at all. If I could have seen what the guy looked like on camera I could have had a chance to bust their ass. Instead I spent 2 weeks with only 2 pairs of clothing (even the shelters wouldn't help me) and sleeping under cardboard.

RobHASboots

Reaction score
Sucks to hear that I was in LA a year ago, basically busking on Hollywood Blvd, and went across the street real quick to talk to my friend when I turned around my pack was gone, sleeping bag, tent and everything. The only person who helped me was another homeless guy. Never did reclaim my stuff even though I filed a police report I never heard anything back and the security officers that were there even though there were security cameras didn't help at all. If I could have seen what the guy looked like on camera I could have had a chance to bust their ass. Instead I spent 2 weeks with only 2 pairs of clothing (even the shelters wouldn't help me) and sleeping under cardboard.
oh my god, you guys... these people will NOT be spared when the revolution occurs... sigh. discouraging sometimes...

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score

Dam dood, very sorry to hear that. I know we all overcome but this stuff is hard. Glad you are OK.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
right now im in Ventura CA

And Art 101 ill shoot you those sizes and address
There's a good surplus right on the corner of ventura ave. And maine st. Right across the street from vons maybe check it out. Got decent tents for $12. The packs seemed a bit spensive tho. Probbly have sleepin bags and such. At least might be good to check out if you come up on some cash.

• Useful
Reactions: bystander

djskum

Reaction score
As a rule, my belongings stay attached to me unless I am in the middle of no where. Today the poor, the rich and every one in between are rippen each other. I volunteer at a church shower program and people plug their phones in to charge and turn their heads and there gone.

Reactions: NamelessExistence
D

Deleted member 14481

Some of my stuff got stolen, but I don't have any gear. I had clothes in a nice bag. When I visit an area I sit for a while and get to know people. ::drinkingbuddy:: I got to know a thrift store owner, and they helped me replace my clothes, and then some since that occurred. In some areas, the thrift store will hook you up wither or not you know them, but knowing them helps. You can get a sleeping bag from a church, but the thrift store also has sheets and cords to make a bed roll.

::singing::::headphones::

Dmac

Reaction score
Some thrift store's will let you donate your time, in exchange for some items. It can't hurt to ask, you might get lucky!

Reactions: kecleon

kecleon

Reaction score
Fucking thieves man - worst fucking feeling ever!!!

Last time I got shit stolen I pawned stuff I had on me for gear. If I had nothing I'd steal it.

I know its been said and annoying as fuck in hindsight but for other people as well, dont leave your pack anywhere. The times I've had my stuff stolen I left it in what I thought were ultra safe places, small towns in a cafe or hidden super well at night. Nowhere is safe. I had my patched up jacket and old sleeping bag stolen when it was like -10 outside people will rob anything.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads