Massachusetts man selling snow - and people are buying it! | Squat the Planet

Massachusetts man selling snow - and people are buying it!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
<looks out the window - daaaa-aaaam I have a gold mine out there!!> hehe - where's @highwayman been lately ... ;) hehe - what little kid in AZ doesn't want to shoot a snowball?!

MANCHESTER-by-the-SEA, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has found a way to profit from the several feet of snow in his yard: He’s shipping it to people in warmer climates for the bargain price of $89 for six pounds.

Kyle Waring, of Manchester-by-the-Sea, got the idea while shoveling snow earlier this winter and launched ShipSnowYo.com.
At first he shipped 16.9-ounce snow-filled bottles for $19.99, but he found the snow melted by the time it arrived at its destination.

B_ikp_Zc_Cc_AARCWQ.jpg

So he came up with a new plan, selling six pounds at a time. He tells Boston.com even if the snow melts a little by the time it arrives, the package can still make 10 to 15 snowballs.

He’s also started offering 10-pound packages for $119.

He says he’ll keep selling until people stop ordering.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/02/24/massachusetts-man-selling-shipping-snow-from-his-yard/

Attachments

• B_ikp_Zc_Cc_AARCWQ.jpg
    B_ikp_Zc_Cc_AARCWQ.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 243

Kal

Reaction score
Just when I think that I have seen it all. :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads