whats going on currently | Squat the Planet

whats going on currently

Richard174391

Reaction score
so ive been gathering gear and so far ive gotten what i believe would suffice for travelling (minus a few items like some bandages, paracord, duct tape, lighters just stuff im gonna pick up at the store for cheap). im starting to think soon is time to head out! i initially considered going through some more community college but the classes i have are grueling already and its really not doing anything to make me happy or make my life any better. my plans arent solid yet but im definitely ready to leave, and things are getting a bit uncomfortable with my current living situation (i live at my grandparents house in an rv parked in their yard and its not completely under their wishlist to have me stay for super longer) im based in the san fernando valley of los angeles and was wondering if anyone has any tips on where to begin from there? i would want to hitch a ride or learn how to train hop. i have to stay AT LEAST until next thursday to finish up a class im currently in but thats about it. any comments, questions, answers, opinions would be appreciated!
ps sorry if this isnt the right area for this please correct me if it isnt!

Reactions: Kal

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
Sleeping bag tarp backpack headlamp knife and a stove and water and food and clothing done.

That's about it, everything else can be doublechecked for necessity during your trip, and if you find enough situations where that thing you thought would be useful happened to be needed, then go and get it wherever you are. you dont have to go out with everything, just the basics. That way also you will appreciate minimalistic traveling and ultra lightweightness, maybe later on you'll give a fuck about anything but the essentials.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think you should avoid Los Angeles, it's a big shitty city. Head north to the bay area or further, people are nicer and you'll find others to travel with. try not to become an oogle!

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini and autumn

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads