what would you do with $3000 | Squat the Planet

what would you do with $3000

D

Deleted member 20

I would pay my $3k in back rent to get my landlord and wife off my back so I can go travel and acrue another 6 months of back rent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I am starting to get it. Hes the dood that posted the Socal Couple Advice intro. Apparently he is getting used to the website. (I hope this wasnt a goodbye thread since we solved his problems in the other thread & everytime he wants our advice he will create a new account?)

D

Deleted member 16034

With an extra 3k I'd buy a little teardrop trailer so I don't have to sleep in my trunk, then I'd have a place to put a fridge and it'd be fucking awesome

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
With an extra 3k I'd buy a little teardrop trailer so I don't have to sleep in my trunk, then I'd have a place to put a fridge and it'd be fucking awesome

Those are only $3k? Hm....

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
The build-it yourself models sell for as cheaply as 3k. Trick is to look on Craigslist for someone who got halfway through and realized they aren't as handy as they thought they were

Thanks! Something to look into as I make my transition from leather to rubber.

Reactions: Rob Nothing

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If I suddenly had that much money all at once again I would fetch a one way flight to europe and buy up 10-20 of the asylum seekers as my slaves. I would promise them milk and honey. We would go east singing like a chain gang. With vulgarity, with flamenco, with sassafras in the key of onyx, gypsum, Iberian nectar.. we would sing of things to come and make our passage toward the rising sun for the promised land, the land of cotton and honey, the land of... Bulgaria! And we would live like kings, and they'd pick my cotton and look after my goats and be my all seeing eyes.

Aren't for sale anymore you say?? well.

I'd do something.. I'd save it! Anything other than spending it all at strip clubs and high end restaurants in Portland. God, so stupid.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
Honestly? Probably spend a lot on beer, cigs, and drugs. The rest would go towards vouchers for air and bus travel, as well as a few supplies, namely a sleeping bag.

If I'm being reeeeaaally honest I'd probably quit my job, sell my shit, and move to WA- figure out what to do with the rest there.

Hell, I'd quit my job for just a grand.

D

Deleted member 20

UPDATE:

I just found a $1,500 uncashed paycheck from 4 years & 3 months ago. Yes I do believe in miracles!!! ::angelic:: So all though it isnt $3k I will settle for half. I called the company & got a new check issued that I am cashing it & paying 2 months of back rent + I paid a month of back rent today. So I am half way there to hitting the road. In fact I'm sure I just bought myself some time & at least a few short trips.

Last edited:
S

sasquatch

UPDATE:

I just found a $1,500 uncashed paycheck from 4 years & 3 months ago. Yes I do believe in miracles!!! ::angelic:: So all though it isnt $3k I will settle for half. I called the company & got a new check issued that I am cashing it & paying 2 months of back rent + I paid a month of back rent today. So I am half way there to hitting the road. In fact I'm sure I just bought myself some time & at least a few short trips.

I had something similar but received check for unclaimed wages from IRS or the state. Wasn't as much as yours but still a nice surprise.

In response to topic here, I often wonder about the finances of travelers and others who are living outside. What their credit might be, how much money they have, if they use bank at all, why Ive rarely seen Crusty punks/ "travelers" at food banks, hobo feeds, etc.

I'm not bragging but I'm not ashamed to say I have more than double 3k. I'm still wearing the same shoes I wore 2 years ago, prob don't have quite as many clothes as I need to look "respectable", have yet to pay for a bed, etc. I buy what small items I want and sometimes think about what I'd do with 100k, how my life might be different and what things I'd do or how I could've easily had that and more if situations and choices had been different.

I don't want many material things that can be bought cheap. I have what I need to live simply, I earned it fairly along with the bit security these few things provide.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads