What Weapons would you Choose for the Zombie Apocalypse?

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Personally, I'd want to be in a Bradley converted to run on grease,

with a machete and a pouch of throwing stars on my person.

How are YOU gonna survive the zombie death, caus ya know its coming!

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
Hmm. Probably one of those wrist rocket sling shots and one of those ancient slingshots. That way when the elasticity of the wrist rocket goes to shit, I'll be able to fall back on the old school one, which is essentially some string and a pouch. Maybe a machete as well. I'd grab as many weapons as I could though. I guess it also depends on what kind of zombies we're talking about.

Edit: Also a bottle of whiskey in case it all goes to shit for me and there's no way out.

Smallredbox

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
One of those long metal rakes (not the fan type)

Good for hooking zombies, and pulling them to the ground to immobilize them.

Also useful for pushing them away.

Now as for offensive weapons..

None other than the M72 Grenade Launcher :D

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
I'll go with the ole classics.

Boomstick and Chainsaw baby!

bruce_campbell_army_of_darkness.jpg

Smallredbox

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I was actually going to add a sawed-ff shotgun, but I wanted to let someone else have the pleasure :D (it was only a matter of time anyway, right? )
Oh, as for pistols, maybe a Desert Eagle with 50cal Action Express rounds? I've never fired one myself, but I hear they have quite a kick.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
A map of nearby non-perishable food warehouses, a few friends, some forms of recreation.

You all can "survive" the zombie apocalypse by running through the streets with a machete, I'll play Go Fish.

Smallredbox

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I was thinking about this a few minutes ago. Have any of you guys read the book "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks? It's a great read, bother informative and entertaining. I highly recommend it :D

stove

Reaction score
Katana, .45acp, mountain bike, lightweight body armor, 5lb of quinoa, and my tin fucking cup, IF I'm going to try to stay mobile...

If I had to be stationary? a .30cal with a few thousand rounds, some razor wire, a reinforced concrete bunker, food for a few years, and a .38 special, just in case all fails, I'm not getting eaten alive!

Oh and if I just wanted to survive? An island somewhere, preferrably tropical, def. with some beautiful women and some sort of fermentable fruit.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
A pair of large bore(.70 cal or so)flintlock pistols,a quaterstaff,couple of good knives,a 30 oz. framing hatchet,and a drove of grain-fed vegans for bait.

Livingpastense

Reaction score
Well as being vegan the first thing i would do would be to show up to your house with some sausage and beer and say how about a bbq???? Shoot you in the face take all your supplies. Then get bit and join the horde.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
Anyone else wanna squat a military base?

1. Think about who is usually at a military base
2. Nobody ever says "Oh no! A zombie infestation! We better leave a military base to run around in the city!"

Given the companionship, do you really want to be at a military base?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Double barrel pneumatic potato cannon with 1" diameter bore and built in wheel-operated 400psi pump (will make it one day), some good knives, a combo walking staff/war axe, bunch of paracord to make traps with, and a glock with extra ammo. As for a car, a unimog with a battering ram and a turret with three large potato cannons mounted on it.

Potato cannons are really underrated. Pneumatic ones can be more powerful than combustion types, and the ammo is whatever you can stuff in the barrel, provided that you put something behind it to prevent air leaks.

stove

Reaction score
1. Think about who is usually at a military base
2. Nobody ever says "Oh no! A zombie infestation! We better leave a military base to run around in the city!"

Given the companionship, do you really want to be at a military base?

No offense to your squatting abilities or whatnot, but I don't generally squat occupied buildings...

There are abandoned military bases out there. I was just thinking of the fortifications possible.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
No offense to your squatting abilities or whatnot, but I don't generally squat occupied buildings...

There are abandoned military bases out there. I was just thinking of the fortifications possible.

Oh sorry, didn't know you meant an already abandoned one. Lots of people seem to think heading to the local military base is a good idea during the apocalypse due to the fortifications, resources, weapons, etc., when in truth you'll most likely be shot on sight. And if not, you'll of managed to chose one of the last authoritarian controlled places around.

But,if I'm alone, I sure as hell am going to try and find an already occupied building. Solitary confinement doesn't sound like so much fun when you have to spend all day listening to the moans of the creatures who killed everyone you ever knew.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads