What to do in Burlington, VT?

daydreamer

Reaction score
Hey y'all! So, I got lost on my way to Williston, ND.... And I think I'm in Burlington VT! ;)

Anything I should see/do while I'm here? I'm about to go to Maglianero Cafe, then the farmers market, then the waterfront park and not sure after that. Any ideas? I'm only here until tomorrow.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Love farmers markets - going to one today (Sunday). Do have fun and ... not sure as to your route of travel but let us know so some people here who are on this site a lot <cough> can maybe meet up with you. :) Have fun!

daydreamer

Reaction score
The farmers market was great. Lots of food, produce, arts/crafts, etc.

Saw an older guy getting arrested, heard the cops saying something about whiskey and he was having trouble walking a straight line but seriously, he wasn't hurting anybody, don't know why they had to cuff him in front of everybody. Hate cops.

I walked along the waterfront, took the free college street shuttle, and eventually while walking back to my van that evening I saw a bunch of people hanging around the Salvation Army. What timing, I was just in time for a free dinner :) Good food, good people :)

Tried to find a decent place to park but a Saturday night in a college town is hopeless if you want peace and quiet! So I drove a little ways south to Middlebury and parked my van under a bridge, down by the river, haha.

My route is south to Albany, west to Binghampton, then 81 all the way to VA and home. Anybody wants to meet up, just holler! :)

But first a laundromat! The only thing I have left to wear is a pair of bike shorts and it's like in the 50's outside!

daydreamer

Reaction score
I'm sorry i missed this post yesterday. I would have offered you a shower and a couch for the night. If you are still in the state I'm about an hour east of you. Hit me up.

I didn't see this until I was in Albany NY, but I might be making another run at the end of the month, I appreciate the offer! Will let you know if I'm up that way again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads