What is your favorite form of activism?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Do you take direct action, or do you prefer more subtle forms of action? Are you a protester, keyboard warrior, disaster volunteer, yarn-bomber, artist or participate in one of many other forms of activism? Do you work alone or with an organization? What is your favorite way to take part (or not) in making an impact on the world?

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
Improving on myself as a person and as a young man, and by extension improving my quality of life and longevity, no matter what the cost or how slowly the improvement is ought to manifest.

Can never be much help until one is able to help themself. And so I have resigned, happily, to the study of people and their many follies.

My favorite form of exemplification.. would not dare call it activism, here... of being the person that I am, the best I can be, quite honestly has been in the writing of love letters.. to the women that I admire most. That give me hope for us as a species.

Last edited:

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
run & fucking write, some more ; )

& goddamned beware, asshole..

what do you mean "admire"?
do you mean 'crave'?
fuck that shit..

fuck writing & imagination..

you want your energy to make a difference?

you want to be active, large scale, because of your love?

fuck goddamned fucking love letters..

there is shit way more important than that,
unless you actually hold a Promise..

anterrabae

Banned
Reaction score
i think being honest and kind while firmly calling people on their bullshit is a great way to be an activist, you know....an "anti-enabler"....and i don't have to go out of my way to do it XD
that there is all there is to it. unless somebody wants to volunteer to go kamikaze mansanto or something, Im good just trying to learn and be learned among people I know personally. And among people I dont know personally, I prefer to keep simple, atraightforward, and direct. Misunderstandings arise otherwise.

run & fucking write, some more ; )

& goddamned beware, asshole..

what do you mean "admire"?
do you mean 'crave'?
fuck that shit..

fuck writing & imagination..

you want your energy to make a difference?

you want to be active, large scale, because of your love?
by admire I mean know and greatful for having known.

I dont have energy, if I did i would have friends. and i would use it to become a lawyer.

and no I do not want to be active or large scale. to the contrary, and because real people that are inspiring and intelligent are so difficult to rifle out from all the boring cookie cutter shaped, loud mouthed, rambunctious majority, I rather leave their concerns to them and let them have their way, if that is what is right.

and, by love letters, I meant the kind that adults write, merely to stay in contact out of mild devotion and sense of responsibility to the other.

creature

Banned
Reaction score
and, by love letters, I meant the kind that adults write, merely to stay in contact out of mild devotion and sense of responsibility to the other.

please, my friend, don't get me wrong..

write.
love.

let passion be the water that makes your air a thing which can be Breathed...

die.

die for what you love..

but goddamned fucking run..

have a sense of when what seem to be promises are garbed in words, most subtle, of 'probables' & 'possibles', & cast them like stones taken from beans..

do not be weakened..

do not expend hope or love or work, merely to feed another's enjoyment of it..

those of us whom live in such a way as to be usefull to others are the core foundation of what activism is..

everything changes from moment to moment, so your greatest strength is being able to guide your resources most effectively..

you may have ideological imperatives, but.. at what point, if you are in a group, do you decide that your personal evaluations differ enough to divert your resources?

man.. if you have the desire to be a lawyer for the righteous?

fuck goddamned fucking friends & GET the energy to goddamned
do
it.

i never understood what being a civil rights layer could mean, when i was younger..

that shit is like carrying a bazooka..

or a personal nuke, if you're fucking mean enough..

no trenches for you, but we get to see you Burn in Glory... ; )

anyways..

i know..

but beware love that is hoped for, instead of answered...

Reactions: Cornelius Vango

paiche

Reaction score
So far this year I've been working to get my neighbors to grow gardens in their yards, put edible garden boxes in town, I get my kids to pick up litter with me, I don't shave my hairy ass legs because I don't like patriarchy, in a week I'm giving a speech at a rally to denounce political violence and that scares the hell out of me but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm an anchor for my buddy Liam, helping him with web stuff, he wrote a book and is walking across the country to inspire people... Talk about activism, he is rockin it.

creature

Banned
Reaction score
I pick up litter everywhere I go. Cross the street for a coffee cup, rustle some bushes for last decade's newspaper. Shit's everywhere.

now THAT is fucking sweet..

i wanna be in *yer* trench, buddy..
you have a seat in my rig, or a berth in my boat, should she ever happen..

Freerange

Reaction score
I am engaging in several forms of activism thru art, growing food/medicine, i have testified many times in the capitol here for medical cannabis/water protection from Nestle/Native causes. I also live nearly off the grid and rarely drive. I used to consider skating an act of rebellion and to a degree an activism of sorts but its way to popular now. much to my vexation i might add

anterrabae

Banned
Reaction score
please, my friend, don't get me wrong..

write.
love.

let passion be the water that makes your air a thing which can be Breathed...

die.

die for what you love..

but goddamned fucking run..

have a sense of when what seem to be promises are garbed in words, most subtle, of 'probables' & 'possibles', & cast them like stones taken from beans..

do not be weakened..

do not expend hope or love or work, merely to feed another's enjoyment of it..

those of us whom live in such a way as to be usefull to others are the core foundation of what activism is..

everything changes from moment to moment, so your greatest strength is being able to guide your resources most effectively..

you may have ideological imperatives, but.. at what point, if you are in a group, do you decide that your personal evaluations differ enough to divert your resources?

man.. if you have the desire to be a lawyer for the righteous?

fuck goddamned fucking friends & GET the energy to goddamned
do
it.

i never understood what being a civil rights layer could mean, when i was younger..

that shit is like carrying a bazooka..

or a personal nuke, if you're fucking mean enough..

no trenches for you, but we get to see you Burn in Glory... ; )

anyways..

i know..

but beware love that is hoped for, instead of answered...

good on ya m8

respectfully, o, Desert Fallows, and as you know (and for which i do most
Slovenly
Admire you), this:

share.
you should, like, have that printed into one of matts stp stickers. would be an excellent way to sponsor the cause ;)

Last edited:

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
I have volunteered in NOLA after Katrina when the place still looked like a war zone. I have been to Haiti twice to try and get Haitians to work together with each other and not screw each other on community level projects. I have been to DC to march once, but that ended up not doing anything, much like many of the protests in DC.

I mainly want to help others achieve their goals by equiping them to do the work they feel lead to do. I'm happy being in the cheering crowd when the runners who are much faster and better than me do their thing.

creature

Banned
Reaction score
Yah..love is sharing..

work is sharing...

damn.. damn..
takes a fucking hurricane sometimes, huh..?

not for you, mistah Drew, but..

that lets folks see the shit & the goddamned fan..

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I like the act of Boycotting. If you don't believe in something/strongly disagree, I like resisting the use of such. No longer giving it any financial support, and not engaging. I believe that's one of the most powerful methods of activism these days, is to refrain from giving it any capital, or popularity.

Also, i'd say for all supposed "animal activists"- if I don't see you directly working with animals that are in need, or have never rescued an animal from abusive, forced domestication, you're full of shit. Even if you are a vegan, or whatever the fuck.

Drengor

Reaction score
Is veganism not just a boycott action...? I'm confused.

If you're strongly against something it seems to stand that a boycott action is the very minimum you could ever do so as to not be at odds with what you protest.

Reactions: Chazten

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
@Drengor Exactly. I believe boycotting is the first step. And to my surprise, I believe it is the one of the most brushed off, inconsistent things that supposed activists pay any mind to- these days.

Beyond that, is action.
Walking the walk, more than just.. talking the talk. Or, engaging in boycott.

I used to be vegan; for the sake of boycott toward meat production, and the excess- as well as terrible/confined treatment of animals. For capital, and food that isn't even good for you. i.e. Chicken farms that abuse, and harvest chickens only for their eggs.

Now, I have a special needs dog. That, without the patience, and compassion from myself- would be put down. Since I have gotten my new companion, I have drifted from my supposed importance I held toward my act of Veganism. And have now begun to eat animal products again within a tasteful, and non wasteful manner. I still pay much mind, to my consumption, and support of the meat, and animal based food production.

With this type of realistic tactfulness, I believe that I am aiding toward the cause I have felt so passionate about for years in a much more powerful way. And actually making more of a difference, by having my hand in the pot more intimately.

Just because I wasn't eating the burgers random people had already purchased, and given to me based on their own thought of kindness toward a traveler, wasn't helping the cause. At that point, the capital was already spent. Thus, giving support to these companies, and/or fast food chains. I was participating in the waste of such, and I was still hungry. So one day, I decided to eat the burger patty, instead of just the starch.

This was the day I began to no longer be so staunch, about ideology. And be, what I believed in.

• Wow
Reactions: Spirit Freeman

Spirit Freeman

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
I write and perform music with messages specifically about world issues and Revolution. I am vegan and have done many direct action activities. I think many forms of Activism work but they all work together.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads