What is up y’all!? (1 Viewer)

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hey there!
My names Liz but you can call me lizZzard ha!
Been a lurker here for a bit and have to say I really enjoy this platform! I’ve done a bit of hitchhiking and currently live in my van out here in beautiful Oregon!

If anyone comes out this way and needs ideas of roads to sleep on, NF or BLM land or just general car camping/bus camping I am more then happy to help and have a few thangs that have helped me travel most all the US! :)

Really hoping to do some train hopping this year and meet others who do as well! (So if your in the Oregon area and would be cool with me taggin along let me know! As “cringe” as it might be I’ve done my best to prepare myself so I’m no blowin up your spots and ruining it for the rest of ya, and or being a danger to us!) But
gonna hit up the moniker art show in California if anyone else is as well?!
Anywho... nice to meet everyone, love the stories and hope your all doing good, pups are fed, your fed and the rides are comin a plenty and shits just good!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Tony G

Wanderer
Reaction score
Hey there!
Been a lurker here for a bit and have to say I really enjoy this platform! I’ve done a bit of hitchhiking and currently live in my van out here in beautiful Oregon!

If anyone comes out this way and needs ideas of roads to sleep on, NF or BLM land or just general car camping/bus camping I am more then happy to help and have a few thangs that have helped me travel most all the US! :)

Really hoping to do some train hopping this year and meet others who do as well! (So if your in the Oregon area and would be cool with me taggin along let me know! As “cringe” as it might be I’ve done my best to prepare myself so I’m no blowin up your spots and ruining it for the rest of ya, and or being a danger to us!) But
Anywho... nice to meet everyone, love the stories and hope your all doing good, pups are fed, your fed and the rides are comin a plenty and shits just good!
Hey welcome to stp im from wa good to see another person from pnw up here

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hey welcome to stp im from wa good to see another person from pnw up here
What up!! Washington?! HELL YEA!!! I LOVE Washington!!! I Just got back from around Darrington! Was fuckin NICE great weather and awful ass traffic through Seattle ha!! Nice to meet someone else out here to on STP!! Used to live in deer creek for a bit out by Spokane! Didn’t work out to great but whatever :)
Well shit good to meetcha here!! If your ever in Oregon hit me up!!! And vise versa if you’d like some company to hangout/meet/chill/travel with hit me up!! Van life is great and I’m very thankful but my person to person interaction is pretty small! Ha!
anways hope all’s well up there and WA is treating you nicely!

IanIam

Wanderer
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're enjoy stp lizzzard, I'm new to this site myself and had no idea stuff like this existed for the entirety of my traveling days it's pretty fucking great. If you're ever coming through the pnw hit me up and I'll try to help ya out with whatever you need and maybe we can ride some trains in the future as I'm looking to try my hand at it as well.
With gratitude, -Ian

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're enjoy stp lizzzard, I'm new to this site myself and had no idea stuff like this existed for the entirety of my traveling days it's pretty fucking great. If you're ever coming through the pnw hit me up and I'll try to help ya out with whatever you need and maybe we can ride some trains in the future as I'm looking to try my hand at it as well.
With gratitude, -Ian
RIGHT??!! I was linked here somehow (maybe Reddit vagabond group??) and wishhhedd I’d have known of these sites then!! Haha 😅and van life has made it easier for me to not interact with others/also not make many New connections (not gonna pull up my van next to someone set up that’s awkward maybe they don’t want to interact I get it me either at times!)
Hell yea Ian! Thank you! If you ever want to just hangout and shoot the shit/maybe even a small adventure to the next state road doggin lemme know! Stay safe and stay well!

ReBBL

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey there!

Oregon is a fucking shithole.

clarissa

Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! I just wanted to say that you just look like such a cool person! I love that you live out of your van, my cousin used to do the same in Bend. Ahh it must be so beautiful! I don’t have a van yet but I’m all about those long-term uhaul rentals 🤪 haha you should post about your experiences though, I’d love to read all your stories and such! I’d also love to hear all your tips! I might be heading to Oregon in the next couple weeks in the aforementioned vehicle of glory : D

FawnGone

Rambler
Reaction score
Hey you, IG buddy! Lol. I'd love to hang in the real world sometime. I might have the vardo out on the west coast in the spring, or might just hop/hitch depending on what happens. Either way it would be fun to chill and maybe have an adventure or two on the road or rails.

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hey Liz! I am in Oregon myself. Currently on the coast staying cool with the pup and cat.
NICE!! Love the coast definitely the place to stay cool at! And so much fun to go look for agates on the beaches! I’m bout to head out but I’ll hit cha up and see if your in the area when I get back! Stay cool an safe!

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hi! I just wanted to say that you just look like such a cool person! I love that you live out of your van, my cousin used to do the same in Bend. Ahh it must be so beautiful! I don’t have a van yet but I’m all about those long-term uhaul rentals 🤪 haha you should post about your experiences though, I’d love to read all your stories and such! I’d also love to hear all your tips! I might be heading to Oregon in the next couple weeks in the aforementioned vehicle of glory : D
Oh wow thank you for the compliments :)
Definitely a good place to live out of a car/van whatever!! I think you’ll have a really great time out here! Hit me up if you’ve got any questions an I’ll do my best to help! Take care an have fun!

lizZzard

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hey you, IG buddy! Lol. I'd love to hang in the real world sometime. I might have the vardo out on the west coast in the spring, or might just hop/hitch depending on what happens. Either way it would be fun to chill and maybe have an adventure or two on the road or rails.
Ayo dood what’s up! Good to see ya on here to!!
That’d be sick!! I plan on coming out to the east coast September-October also! Was hoping to link up with others (tryin to do Nola Halloween)
Hell yea that sounds awesome! Hit me up when ya out here hit up some good mushroom/foraging areas and such! Hope your doin good an safe travels!!

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.