what are your feelings on marijuana? | Squat the Planet

what are your feelings on marijuana?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
LOL Never cared for it because it didn't care for me --- I barfed more times on it ... that was enough to say "no thanks". hehe

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
I wrote about this in the straightedge thread so I'll just paste my response in:

Nowadays, I smoke weed about once a week. I used to smoke every day but cut back because it was causing a lot of problems in my life. I would get gnarly bronchitis and even though I cut back I still feel like my short-term memory has deteriorated permanently. It also took up a lot of my time and money and made me way less motivated to do the shit I needed to do. After getting stoned daily kept me from graduating high school a semester early, I knew I needed to cut back. While it's definitely better than a lot of other recreational drugs and has a lot of medical benefits, I don't think that weed is as harmless as a lot of people like to claim it is. Maybe smoking daily helps other people but I felt that it wasn't worth all the consequences it had on my life.

codycodnyk

Reaction score
I smoke weed like cigarettes, except for the fact that I can and occasionally do stop whenever i want with weed. I crave it for a few days and then im good. It really helped me with my anxiety, even when im not high. My lungs hurt from it and my short term memory sucks. But i think its a lot healthier/less likely to wind you up in jail/more enjoyable than drinking

Dmac

Reaction score
i LOVE weed! i smoke daily, but not huge amounts 2-4 bowls from a small pipe. even if i have lots, i won't smoke much, unless i am with some friends then i will usually smoke them out. hard liquor is what i got problems with.

Ristoncor

Reaction score
I like weed, more than getting drunk by far. Because my life-guarding job by was a summer one and I haven't found a job for the school year yet, I don't have a steady source of money. I get $20 here and there for mowing lawns and washing a couple cars, but I don't have a lot of money to spend; so usually I'll buy a gram or an eigth once a week, smoke a couple of bowls every day until it's gone, and then not smoke for the rest of week until I get some more money.

Usually if I smoke every day though, I get really tired after three or four days, so I'll stop to sober up for a week or so. I get kind of agitated for the first 12 hours off but then I'm back to normal. I seem to be more creative a day or two after smoking than a week, but it's the same with my memory, it's eh for the first couple days off, and then it's okay for the next week, and it'll kind of come back to really normal after a couple weeks or so.

Being drunk is one thing, being high is another. Being drunk almost feels like an enhancement, a boost to yourself, but being high feels like an enhancement of the world. It's important to experience the world in different ways, and why not?

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Being drunk is one thing, being high is another. Being drunk almost feels like an enhancement, a boost to yourself, but being high feels like an enhancement of the world. It's important to experience the world in different ways, and why not?
That's a great way to put it.

Reactions: Ristoncor

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
changed your thread title to be more descriptive.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a special place for Mary Jane in my heart. ::joyful:: I just don't visit her as often as I would like. :(

Last edited:

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Just like anything I go through phases. When I was living in Colorado for the winter it was legal so I probably smoked a few times a week and ate edibles a few times a month to help me sleep. I will say it's the only thing that helps me with insomnia, but if I smoke too much then I eat too much so I try to do it in moderation. It did help me through the first two weeks of a bicycle tour with severe knee pain. I think it's more than just a recreational drug imo. I've used it for insomnia, pain, and to help stabilize my mood sometimes. Like any habit, it can become expensive, but I have no problem with it.

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
When I was a lot younger I smoked weed pretty much constantly and for years until one time I got a rather severe panic attack. I shrugged it off and kept smoking until it happened again, and again, and I finally correlated it to and accepted that weed was the cause so I stopped. After I stopped I realized that it did have a negative effect on my motivation and did make me less able to think clearly. I still do smoke once in a blue moon but it's on the order of a couple times a year, if that, and every time I do smoke now I do have a panic attack of variable severity and I'm reminded why I shouldn't get high.

However I am also aware that for some people it does have a very positive effect on mood and mental health, pain management, and a variety of other things so I can't hate on it and those that use it, but I do realize that it's just not for me.

amandanotsuitcase

Reaction score
I fucking wish weed did for me what it does for a lot of other people, but it doesn't :( I will ALWAYS get seriously paraniod and have panic attacks if I smoke a sativa strain, 50% chance of the same thing happening with an indica strain. But that's just me. I know lots of people who have used weed the way conventional people use anti-psychotic or anti-depressant drugs and from what I have seen, the weed (even used plentifully and long-term) has much fewer and less scary side effects than Zoloft, or what-the-fuck-ever.

Dameon

Reaction score
i dont smoke it bcuz it lowers motivation, flattens your wallet and tempts you to do harder drugs. although ive got to say there is a lot of temptation to smoke it on the road. i feel the urge sometimes...
I have never ever felt tempted to do harder drugs because I was stoned. In fact, almost every time I've tried a harder drug, it's been because I was drunk. The "gateway drug" myth is unsupported by evidence and was pretty much just used by the DARE program to scare kids.

As far as lowered motivation, I find that a good sativa gets me nice and motivated. I love nothing more than getting stoned and programming, and do some of my best work stoned.

J

Johnny P

Green never tempts me to do harder drugs either...

and i get all of my creative work (writing, drawing, playing music) done while stoned...

lone wolf

Reaction score
i had a bad reaction over 20 years ago so i haven't touched it since. i haven't really had any drugs, occasional drink is all. i would be interested in some shrooms though. if i could figure out what to pick without getting ahold of anything poisonous then i'd definitely be down for that experience.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I fucking wish weed did for me what it does for a lot of other people, but it doesn't :( I will ALWAYS get seriously paraniod and have panic attacks if I smoke a sativa strain, 50% chance of the same thing happening with an indica strain. But that's just me. I know lots of people who have used weed the way conventional people use anti-psychotic or anti-depressant drugs and from what I have seen, the weed (even used plentifully and long-term) has much fewer and less scary side effects than Zoloft, or what-the-fuck-ever.

Just a thought on the panic attacks thing... um I kinda know about it... I mean I have not smoked in ages now but more than a year ago I was smoking like daily..for months... and I think I may have had only 3 or 4 panic attacks... and only one that was the bad... your heart is beating and the world is zooming in and out and your in your room with the lights off and you just hope you fall asleep and get up in the morning... deal.
... heh...
anyway my point... I think its harder to regulate with weed at least people are so much less likely to pace them selves... measure out exact or small amounts (also depending on strain and strength...swag or sticky hydro) and smoke and then wait to feel how the feel before smoking more.
Strains and personal tolerances and genetics or whatever may apply... and also with so many mind altering substances I hear set and setting is of most importance.

Anyway... suffice to say I am a huge supporter...and have even thought it might be a good idea to get involved with NORMAL... woody harlson is a member right hah..

So When I move to a legal state and try open up a bong lounge and garden cooperative... STP can drop by and chill.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I can't smoke weed cuz I'm on probo but I'm kinda glad because I get paranoid but I think its partially due to delirium tremens because I've had a problem with alc. also lack of it being around and resorting more to alcohol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads