What are some other resourceful sites for road living? | Squat the Planet

What are some other resourceful sites for road living?

up2eleven

Reaction score
Digihitch is down.A couple other site I used to check out are gone. I really dig STP, but gotta have more than one resource. Anyone know of some other helpful sites?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ya there's not much besides those two and stp. there's a lot of facebook groups though. maybe someone could gather as many as possible and we could post a list; that would be a good resource.

Reactions: OstrichJockey

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
http://forums.backpacker.com/

These are the forums - but the site has good info on other things. It is a magazine site but has a lot of dedicated travelers on there (if I post I'm in the Trailhead registry).

Facebook, many of the groups I'm on or seen are closed and if a member they seem to be trying to get back to their "roots" and so using it as a chat site is kinda frowned upon. Yeah I admin on one. However I think Travelers 411 has some interesting information on there - and might be a place to post some questions as well. I'll keep my eye out for ya. :)

I need to resurrect the project I started the first of the year with the other mods of a list of resources for runaways (we had several at that time) but the list of places/shelters/help seem to be geared to teens (was looking at them the other day) but some may be good.

However - just as I research where I want to go --- (hopefully you are planning on taking a tablet or something that can run internet via wifi or hit the library - hehe I talk to several people here via library :) ) and do some research on where you plan on going and the resources in town there. Library. Soup/food kitchen if needed, medical - all sorts of things. Be one with your Google and search - there is stuff out there. There is a member here, @Kal - hehe wherever he lands or is thinking of going - I pull up the town, look for stuff to do there, things to see, soup kitchens, sleeping arrangements if necessary - all sorts of stuff - but generally he's already done the research. It's out there.

:)

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads