News & Blogs - westboro bapist church | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs westboro bapist church

T

Tick Dickler

i swear to god if i ever met those fuckers i would fucking hurt them. why havent anyone curb stomped them yet? are they favored by the pigs? i dont understand how people take that shit. if someone came and protested at your gay brothers funeral... someone has got to lost it and attacked them right?
5030720+_975f2bcfc482078b62eb65b31b480bac.jpg

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If you read the "About Us" section of that website, all of their "news'" stories are completely fictional. They're meant to address real-world issues through satire.

But yeah...everyone involved with that church including all of their family members certainly deserve to get their funerals troll'd ::finger::

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score

Attachments

• wTmywkw.jpg
    wTmywkw.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: sketchytravis

Tanto

Reaction score
i swear to god if i ever met those fuckers i would fucking hurt them. why havent anyone curb stomped them yet? are they favored by the pigs? i dont understand how people take that shit. if someone came and protested at your gay brothers funeral... someone has got to lost it and attacked them right?
View attachment 16642
That's exactly the kind of reaction they want. Not only does it bring them more attention, but they make bank from suing people who attack them. The best course of action is really just to ignore them. Anything else only serves to encourage and forward their ridiculous cause.

Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
I had just got back from Afghanistan and was on Fort Hood when that Major went on his shooting spree. A little while after the shooting Westboro protested right outside of the base and the local police surrounded them to protect them. Their signs were nasty and some soldiers even got arrested for throwing stuff at them as they drove by.

They are a disgusting group of people. Their headquarters/church location is easily found by a quick google search.....I'm surprised it hasn't been firebombed or sprayed with bullets yet. Good luck trying to fuck with them at their protests, law enf will protect them from bodily harm because they have their rights also. Fuck these people.

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I had just got back from Afghanistan and was on Fort Hood when that Major went on his shooting spree. A little while after the shooting Westboro protested right outside of the base and the local police surrounded them to protect them. Their signs were nasty and some soldiers even got arrested for throwing stuff at them as they drove by.

They are a disgusting group of people. Their headquarters/church location is easily found by a quick google search.....I'm surprised it hasn't been firebombed or sprayed with bullets yet. Good luck trying to fuck with them at their protests, law enf will protect them from bodily harm because they have their rights also. Fuck these people.

I think its bullshit that they get protection, part of the whole freedom of speech thing is having to deal with the repercussions of what you say, in my opinion at least

Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
I think its bullshit that they get protection, part of the whole freedom of speech thing is having to deal with the repercussions of what you say, in my opinion at least

As much as I hate to say it, really hate to say it...I agree with them having the right to free speech and assembly. I dislike the wbc as much as anyone out there but they have the right to do what they do, no matter how offensive and twisted their message is.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As much as I hate to say it, really hate to say it...I agree with them having the right to free speech and assembly. I dislike the wbc as much as anyone out there but they have the right to do what they do, no matter how offensive and twisted their message is.

oh I totally think that they have the right to do it. but I think that other people should be able to act accordingly. isn't that how America worked for the first couple hundred years?

Tanto

Reaction score
oh I totally think that they have the right to do it. but I think that other people should be able to act accordingly. isn't that how America worked for the first couple hundred years?
I understand the feeling, but ultimately for free speech to be a real thing, even horrible people like the WBC need to be protected from violence while expressing their views. If one couldn't speak their mind without the lingering possibility of violent retribution, all speech could be dominated by whomever holds the most power, or is most willing to commit violence to achieve their ends. It is unfortunate that there are people like the WBC who feel inclined to spread a hateful message, but that is part of the price we must pay in striving for a truly democratic society.

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
You don't see police protecting peaceful occupy protesters, or any peaceful protester for that matter. You don't see police protecting any kind of protester that demands civil liberties and an equal world. No, they just beat the shit out of you and force you to disperse--but they'll protect Westboro! It's one hate group protecting another, plain and simple.

But according to your logic, Tanto, that's okay cause then freedom of speech wouldn't exist right? Wake up the fuck up. The police are the ones enforcing the removal of freedom of speech, and their goal by defending Westboro is not to "protect their freedoms". The police are not here to protect anyone's freedom, they're here to slowly enforce taking them away. Democracy is an illusion and it doesn't exist. It's true that we live in a country that CALLS itself a democracy, but it's not.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

LawrenceofSuburbia

Reaction score
If one couldn't speak their mind without the lingering possibility of violent retribution, all speech could be dominated by whomever holds the most power, or is most willing to commit violence to achieve their ends.

Well I'd argue that this is exactly the climate we find ourselves in currently. I understand your commitment to free speech, but personally don't feel it is truly possible within the current framework. It's like drewski says, hate groups protecting hate groups, because in the end they both have similar views on things such as homosexuality and the like as well as a vested interest in holding the status quo/dialing back any current progress. Which is why, like drewski says again, you don't see cops protecting peaceful protesters with the same zeal.

We are all speaking in generalisations here though, I understand that there is always grey areas and exceptions and nothing is as simple as we would like it to be.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads