Went Dark For A Bit.. Hello Again

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Hello from Rugby, England friends! I havent spoken to anyone in a long time. I guess I needed that. For anyone whos curious ive been roaming about England living van life (and let me say, after hitching too many miles it was quite a refresher... the luxury of a double bed and a wood stove cant be beat) and generally taking a break from the over consuming all engulfing reality of the United States. I guess im coming back for a variety of reasons. For one, ive learned a lot about the kind of traveller I want to be. Ive spent my travelling career generally living off the backs of other people. Spanging, panhandling, begging, whatever you want to call it was presented to me in a much different light when stepping outside of the dirty kid culture of homeless and houselessness in the states. I dont want to go on a whole spanging in wrong rant because id still fly a sign every once in a while if need be, but i cant justify it being my means of income and my ability to travel cannot rely on that. I plan on building ontop of my exisiting skills and getting involved in a trade. Maybe use my connections in the cannabis industry and get long term legal work in Oregon. Whatever the way, I want my own means. To support myself and be able to help others rather than taking the help. I also need to build more of a network of family and friends. I have a habit of dropping off the face of the earth and that cant be the way anymore, at least not for a while. Anyway, this isnt the place for a personal blog lol.
Ive thought about and missed a lot of the people who are on this site and hope to see some of you when I get back. Hoping to have a van of my own in the next few months so if anyone wants to help out with a conversion job hmu
See you soon kids

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
For one, ive learned a lot about the kind of traveller I want to be. Ive spent my travelling career generally living off the backs of other people. Spanging, panhandling, begging, whatever you want to call it was presented to me in a much different light when stepping outside of the dirty kid culture of homeless and houselessness in the states.

that's very mature of you :p

you still need to work on your accusing other people of being oogles though. just sayin'

• Haha
Reactions: Shwillam

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
yo, mofo..

i am happy for the enlightenment..

'young' & 'young & stupid' both begin with
'y'.

i have no fucking clue why, but they do.

now..

'old' & 'old & stupid' both begin with 'o', as in
"O, oh shit",
for which there are many good reasons..

you, my friend, since it seems you may be sintering well..
or perhaps maybe even more deeply unto a forging beyond theory..

need to understand that what you have lived is the threshold of where it begins..

& you do.

but that is the thing that needs to be burning at all times..

not what you desire
but what you must do.

when you desire what you must do

you do not need a forge..

you only need enough freedom to do what you desire..

western culture is full of 3 fucking things:

horrors
& mediocrities

& miracles..

& they all fucking blend into a shit fucking milkshake...

until the cops are the fucking army, blowing our brains out for our political affiliations, we are just slightly ahead of the Wave..

may we die poor, with our skulls shattered on B&W film
than not be
whom we are

or free.

i have no tats..

etc. etc..

i admire yours, etc. etc.

disagree, whatever,

but admire..

-------------

this shit is too clean..

i need paper...

curse me & remind me..

i need fucking paper....

------------------

so you want goddamned work...

God Damn..

god fucking damn.

& you dig what the spanging shit is about, ultimately..

i fucking respect you for that.

it is a tool that no shame should be associated with, but a tool which only should be used when honestly needed.

fuck the monthly homebums buying their fucking beer, cancer fuck upon us all that they are...

in any case, meditate..

with love, maybe contrition can regain value..

maybe it can repair loss to the point that love can continue from where it should have begun, had it not been so fucked up from where it had to begin.

i loved you both.

but i am a man, & i know my fucking shit.

& i will take few lies,

& give less.

we are people
who should not play.

to be simple.

how hard do you think that is?

well.......
it should not be, at all.. fucking *granted*...

BUT..
but..
*but*..

but fucking Butt bitt but..

holy fuck..

*but*

how hard *is* it

NOW,

*NOW*

motherfuckers

when we *can't* "just be"

Simple...

The Dying is Coming, Assholes..

Is..

& we know it..

i do not care about supplies
i do not care about shit we are willing to take care of, upon promise of our lives...

i do not care about Getting The Fuck Out,

boat or otherwise..

i care about being able to trust my friends..

because i do not want to be some poor fuck in vietnam with his brains blown out, or some poor fucking Bastard in china waving away a tank with his coat..

i have no fucking desire, at all, to be that Holy..

end of fucking words.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads