Well It’s Official, I’m Going To Be A Housey. | Squat the Planet

Well It’s Official, I’m Going To Be A Housey.

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Yep, that’s right. It’s been since I was 19, so 4 years consecutively of travelling. Stopping a few months here or there in Black Bear Ranch or Slab City, but all together haven’t truly settled in a long ass time. At least it’s felt like a long time. And for the first time in 5 years I will be signing a mothafucking lease. Oh holy shit. Thank god for grandparents hooking me up for the first month. It’s the first time they’ve done anything for me in years. Fortunately it’s a short lease thou, only from March 1st to October 15th. I’ll have an actual room (well it’s the living room but I have unlimited access to the balcony and still privacy with the room divider which is perfect for me) and be paying actual rent. Now I have to get a normal job too. But hey, only an hour ride on the bart away from beautiful Berkeley California. So yea, I’ll be in Hayward if anyone’s around and needs a shower and jazz. This is going to be weird for me. Anyone have any tips to not go crazy? My plan is to stay there til trim season comes about and then buy a vehicle to convert with the weed money. I think it’s just short enough of a time frame that I won’t go stir crazy. Wish me luck

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You are signing a lease to live in the fucking living room?! This country really does have a housing crisis...

For real though, congrats man. Everyone needs their own space now and again.

But shit, you are the last person I expected to sign a lease haha.

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah for real. But it was the ONLY rent I could even think about affording. $485 a month, for a living room. Fuck me sideways.

Fuck I don’t even need the space just a Homebase. It’s way easier to save up a bit of money if I have a kitchen to store cheap fresh food, and an address to get work. It won’t be half bad hopefully.

I keep saying that to myself. I guess I’m just exhausted with not having my own vehicle. The only reason I’m doing this is one goal in mind, to have my own goddamn rig by the end of this. By next summer I’m going to have a fucking badass set up

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
He'll ya man, get it. Having a truck is one of the things that makes me very happy in this life.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya, I might be looking at a travel trailer this year. It would be nice to just live out in the woods with a 5th wheel.

Sprinter vans look pretty appealing as well

Reactions: Shwillam

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
God I feel so old. Just yesterday I was drinking a 40oince steel reserve under a bridge or in a park somewhere screaming about how anyone who wasn’t hitchhiking or riding freight was lame. God I was such a douche bag lol. Being a dirty kid was fun, but I’m over it

• Haha
Reactions: Object and Odin

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
God I feel so old. Just yesterday I was drinking a 40oince steel reserve under a bridge or in a park somewhere screaming about how anyone who wasn’t hitchhiking or riding freight was lame. God I was such a douche bag lol. Being a dirty kid was fun, but I’m over it
I know what you mean. When I first started traveling I thought I'd stay on the road for decades...but you know, it is really nice having your own land with a garden to grow your own food and chickens that give me fresh eggs everyday. Being able to have somewhere to work on projects and grow my own weed. If that's lame, then I guess I'm lame now

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
Yea see that’s my ultimate goal. I’m certainly not done tramping yet, I’ve just only made it international. But I want to be self sufficient. I want my own damn shit, that I don’t have to ask before using or modifying or catching it on fire if I want. A home on wheels that no one can take away from me. This apartment thing is just so I can get on my feet . It’s hard to focus on goals when spending my days just trying to survive. It’ll be nice to make my own damn coffee in the morning instead of begging people next to my sleep spot in the morning to buy me one

loathsomeginger

Reaction score
I lived in San Francisco and Oakland for five years off and on. Average rents in the Bay Area are the highest in the country, even more than NYC. I've rented living rooms myself and it wasn't too bad, paid $500 in Fruitvale which is insane to me. Anyway, glad to hear you're happy to be settling down after years on the road.

Reactions: Shwillam

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Good thing this predatory, abusive sociopath isn’t on the streets any longer. ATTENTION: all users, (especially those who are female bodied) do not trust this guy, even if he offers you a shower, or warm place to stay.

• Stupid
  • Best of Luck!
Reactions: Shwillam and Object

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Good thing this predatory, abusive sociopath isn’t on the streets any longer. ATTENTION: all users, (especially those who are female bodied) do not trust this guy, even if he offers you a shower, or warm place to stay.

Dude, cmon. Im not doing this on a public forum.

Yeah, this isn't really the right place for that.

I would advise taking this to private messages.

Please note that I'm not taking a stance on this conflict, I'm just doing my job as a mod to keep things running smoothly.

Last edited:

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
This doesn’t seem off topic, considering that he is extending an offer to the public in this thread. I think warnings are necessary. And if anybody wants me to elaborate personally, then I’d be happy to address whatever in a private message.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads