Waystation Charleston SC | Squat the Planet

Waystation Charleston SC

foxtailV

Reaction score
Okay this is the deal, I host on an accessable by road bridge island right across the river from downtown. Its cool in the summer by 15degrees from the shade and wind. I host the island to transients of all types . kayakers , sailors , rubber tramps, rail riders, and outcast. I have a sailboat I bought and its next to the island , it needs some work and i cant wait to go out in it! I have a dingy that i row to and fro. Access to the island can be a little tricky but nothing u couldnt find if u use ur sense of direction. The island is located underneath the JamesIsland Connector Bridge, there is an on and off ramp weaving under the bridge just as u cross the river from downtown. Look for the :ph34r: "hop out" when u come under the overpass , u should see a slab of concreate to jump to on the side facing civilization. There are two or three tents, i also have been collecting gear and gadgets from the local thrift store. The food i get is from Earthfare and thats pretty good stuff. I just dug my Tomato garden. There is a beach on the far end of the island and u can fish in the creek running on the otherside. I also have a short cut to the "hop out" by using the climbing cleats i have bonded to the wall it knocks off a couple of minutes but i think its convienant and fun. :fishing: Its probablly going to be quiet for land tramps this summer ... due to the heat.. it seems most come through in spring and fall so hope to see ya. I also have a beagle-Jack Russel mix and a bicylce with a wagoncart for hauling stuff.

Reactions: dprogram

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads