Banned wavesatdeer banned for being a drunken idiot then blaming the staff for it (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 26446
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Hello again StP! I'm an inveterate traveller. I'm a VERY active user of the StP Discord because of recent, home-stuck circumstances. I finally obtained my birth cert and landed a nice job so this will change! Hopefully soonish! I need me some beer money to sojourn.

I was recently muted... Twice in a row. On StPs Discord. While at the same time being hacked (I'm technologically dumb... I have no clue if it was an
actual hack or no. I just know my music stopped after someone said a command and then my browsers started acting strange. Naturally I @moderators because I was confused. Shit, if I don't know what's going on hopefully y'all do!)

I was muted for doing nothing at all. Sounds strange huh. Check this. I'm going to post MANY screenshots. All I can say is that I and a couple other members were treated with complete disrespect.

Just to make things clear.... I've been travelling for a bit. I've met some awesome homies and some total shitheads. I can discern how shit works. I am NOT playing the victim here.

But...I was also enlisted in the Marine Corps. I will fight tooth and nail for freedom. My freedom and the freedom of others was trampled on here. I don't usually like to shit-talk.. but, I essentially have to now!

Having said that, one of your mods--at least Discord mods-is out of control and acting like a boy. Screenshots will be posted. I fucking hate drama but.. someone has to do this. This is also not the first time shut like this has happened! Anyway!: screenshots pending!

Attachments

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Edit: I'm dumb and realized I don't need multiple forum posts to forward screenshots!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Edit: likewise

OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Edit: I'm not all that ambitious or caring. I'll post relevant screens as opposed to the 500 stated.

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
To be fair you should probably avoid mixing alcohol and Discord, you seemed to be in a mood. Your mute ends in a few hours I think. Seems a common trend is users getting a little too tipsy and getting into trouble in chat.

WyldLyfe

Banned
Someone tried to hack my discord too after using it on this stp, never really even used discord only for one other site, but then I deleted it after someone tried hack it.

To be fair you should probably avoid mixing alcohol and Discord, you seemed to be in a mood. Your mute ends in a few hours I think. Seems a common trend is users getting a little too tipsy and getting into trouble in chat.
Don't be a bitch Blank, let WavesAtDeer be hardcore.

OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
I'm surprised you remembered that. I'm even more surprised I said similar words hours before and remained drunk! Fucking baller super power. I was sober when I was banned bud! But still a total badass!

OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Someone tried to hack my discord too after using it on this stp, never really even used discord only for one other site, but then I deleted it after someone tried hack it.

Don't be a bitch Blank, let WavesAtDeer be hardcore.
I'll hack your "Discord." ;D

OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Ya' knowwwww what. I'm already tired of rifling through innocuous chat pictures lol. The takeaway is I pinged the mods (not spammed) multiple times. I did such three times.

This was OVER a period of three hours. One was for dudes hitting on a minor which annoyed me. I've seen enough of that. The second I honestly don't remember my reason. The third is in the uploaded pictures. The last two @moderator texts were within fifteen minutes if each other... And deservedly.

Let's assume I was being an asshole! Even if we go that route the logs still show @MolotovMocktail and @Pokebert being total obnoxious children over being disturbed; here's some two cents kid, if you don't wanna be bothered don't be a fucking moderator on anything. This is bssic shit.

If you read further into the logs you can see PokeBert banning myself and Fevs for little reason (and Qe for literally no reason.) It's honestly a surprise Blank didn't get banned for disagreeing with a mod. Just like how Mr. Sharty was banned and then the selfsame Pokebert returned to apologize for fucking up.

@ALL MODERATORS ON THIS SITE OR DISCORD: stress is not a reason for ousting people. Shit don't work. Nor is "being overwhelmed." There is no excuse for a lot of this shit. And I'm actually kinda irritated with this. I expected better, honestly. I expected some degree of wisdom, not oogledom central.

If anyone has any inquiries or needs more pictures of what actually happened I have plenty! They'll stay on my phone! If you need to see more just ask! I can very much back-up everything I said here.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
i spent over a year as chat mod before discord was introduced on stp, so i have a pretty good idea of how much of a shit show stp chat can be at times. dealing with really cool people like you gets tiring pretty quick.

quit acting like a child and you wont be muted anymore.

edit: im also really impressed by yer creative way in dealing with the title length requirement for this section of the forum. that shows me that yer a real go getter.

blank

Banned
If you read further into the logs you can see PokeBert banning myself and Fevs for little reason (and Qe for literally no reason.) It's honestly a surprise Blank didn't get banned for disagreeing with a mod. Just like how Mr. Sharty was banned and then the selfsame Pokebert returned to apologize for fucking up.
Yeah this is true, there has been some odd cases of people being muted/banned because they are typing words while something iffy has been going on, even if they weren't really doing much of anything.

I think mostly Bert just needs some help moderating the Discord. It's perfectly fine almost all of the time but those rare exceptions there's usually nobody around to do anything about it, or it's just Bert and they just seem kinda overwhelmed by 15 different people having 5 conversations and needing to find the 2 people who are being weird. I mean the right person was banned in addition to the mutes so there's no huge tragedy here. Just not something they can handle alone all the time.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Yeah this is true, there has been some odd cases of people being muted/banned because they are typing words while something iffy has been going on, even if they weren't really doing much of anything.

I think mostly Bert just needs some help moderating the Discord. It's perfectly fine almost all of the time but those rare exceptions there's usually nobody around to do anything about it, or it's just Bert and they just seem kinda overwhelmed by 15 different people having 5 conversations and needing to find the 2 people who are being weird. I mean the right person was banned in addition to the mutes so there's no huge tragedy here. Just not something they can handle alone all the time.
the staff is pretty aware that moderating discord chat is a hard job for just one person to do, especially all the time, there was another (maybe still is a discord mod) staff member who was helping out but wasnt very active as far as i know. the problem with getting a trustworthy volunteer to wrangle up people acting like assholes is that its even more of a thankless job then being a regular staff member, as i said before i know because i did it for over a year by myself. theres no joy in reading dick jokes, or sifting through all the random text folks like to type when they are drunk or high, and in my experience a whole lot of chat is just that.

as with being a staff member being a mod on discord is not a full time job for anybody. we all have lives outside of the internet and that includes stp. its my opinion that if people cant act right on discord they should also be banned from the website as they are basically the same thing and the "dont be a dick" rules still apply to discord as well. its something that has been discussed before and maybe yer right we should try to find someone to help out more often on discord. but again, its not very fun being chat cop.

OP
D

Deleted member 26446

I deleted myself
Aiyaiyai. I don't have much but I try to have wisdom. Based on the responses, let alone the fact that this is even happening, wisdom is telling me to go. I had a whole post typed up but I can see it won't accomplish a single thing.

If you want the rest of the logs (what happened before, after, context, all that good stuff) you have my Discord Matt. This is nothing personal, I just have very little tolerance left and this is a situation that clearly requires tolerance.

If any of the people I befriended here need help or just wanna talk you know where to find me! I'm just a hike or a hop away!

As for the rest of you beautifuls, take care! =P

Dameon

Global Moderator
Staff member
(I'm technologically dumb... I have no clue if it was an
actual hack or no. I just know my music stopped after someone said a command and then my browsers started acting strange.
It's extremely unlikely that somebody could make your phone do anything by saying something in Discord. I don't want to say it's impossible, but it might as well be. The most likely explanation is that the events are unrelated, and your phone was just bugging out a little and needed to be restarted.

manzo

monitoring 500 people shitposting at once is probably a pain in the ass when u gotta struggle to associate most accounts with a profile on the website
e.g. 17 members and 340 guests online

Pokebert

Spiritual Nomad
Website
reddit.com
I was recently muted... Twice in a row. On StPs Discord. While at the same time being hacked (I'm technologically dumb... I have no clue if it was an
actual hack or no. I just know my music stopped after someone said a command and then my browsers started acting strange. Naturally I @moderators because I was confused. Shit, if I don't know what's going on hopefully y'all do!)
I was muted for doing nothing at all. Sounds strange huh. Check this. I'm going to post MANY screenshots. All I can say is that I and a couple other members were treated with complete disrespect.

Just to make things clear.... I've been travelling for a bit. I've met some awesome homies and some total shitheads. I can discern how shit works. I am NOT playing the victim here.
But...I was also enlisted in the Marine Corps. I will fight tooth and nail for freedom. My freedom and the freedom of others was trampled on here. I don't usually like to shit-talk.. but, I essentially have to now!

Having said that, one of your mods--at least Discord mods-is out of control and acting like a boy. Screenshots will be posted. I fucking hate drama but.. someone has to do this.
As a new moderator to the forum itself, I am going to be relatively reserved and professional in my response to this despite how immature you are acting.
Firstly, a mute is just that: a temporary measure to make sure that the chat can calm down and any drama can simmer down. It is not an official administrative action against you, though it can very well mean you're on your way to warning, kick or ban.
You were muted for flipping out at the mods for no reason (over a minor glitch on your phone) while intoxicated, and for spam pinging us with no explanation or context. This is cut and dry.
Yes, you are actually playing the victim here, dramatically professing how you "used to be in the Marines" and how you'll fight tooth and nail for FREEDOM... because of a mute on a Discord server. If you cannot see how ridiculous that is, to make a huge callout thread about it rather than try to resolve this with me in a Discord DM chat, that is on you.
I'm surprised you remembered that. I'm even more surprised I said similar words hours before and remained drunk! Fucking baller super power. I was sober when I was banned bud! But still a total badass!
That is a lie. Not only were you acting intoxicates and typing like it, we confirmed with other users who voice chatted with you that you were, and I quote, "getting drunk off your ass behind a Taco Bell".
Ya' knowwwww what. I'm already tired of rifling through innocuous chat pictures lol. The takeaway is I pinged the mods (not spammed) multiple times. I did such three times.

This was OVER a period of three hours. One was for dudes hitting on a minor which annoyed me. I've seen enough of that. The second I honestly don't remember my reason. The third is in the uploaded pictures. The last two @moderator texts were within fifteen minutes if each other... And deservedly.

Let's assume I was being an asshole! Even if we go that route the logs still show @MolotovMocktail and @Pokebert being total obnoxious children over being disturbed; here's some two cents kid, if you don't wanna be bothered don't be a fucking moderator on anything. This is bssic shit.

@ALL MODERATORS ON THIS SITE OR DISCORD: stress is not a reason for ousting people. Shit don't work. Nor is "being overwhelmed." There is no excuse for a lot of this shit. And I'm actually kinda irritated with this. I expected better, honestly. I expected some degree of wisdom, not oogledom central.

If anyone has any inquiries or needs more pictures of what actually happened I have plenty! They'll stay on my phone! If you need to see more just ask! I can very much back-up everything I said here.
Incorrect again, I banned no one except for Drege for obvious trolling in the chat. That is just a lie, unless you are conflating a mute with a ban, which are two very different things.
The disrespectful attitude of telling me "here's my two cents kid, if you can't handle the job don't be a mod" is really unnecessary and dickish. I do not ban people for disagreeing with me, I mute or kick them for violating our rules. People don't get to lip off moderators juts like they do not get to lip off any other users. You are free to criticize our actions in a constructive and non-attacking manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.