Waterproof liner odor?

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I got four waterproof liner sacks with my ALICE pack, and they smell something awful. Is this normal? And is there any way to combat this?

I doubt I'll be using them anyway, because the biggest one is quite a bit smaller than the main compartment, and I think trash bags and a tarp will keep my stuff plenty dry. ALICE seems pretty water resistant herself.

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Yeah, they smell like refried ass when new.
The big one, I think, was designed for thr medium ALICE, so if you're using a large, it won't fill the whole compartment. The smaller ones fit your three smaller pockets. Also, the big one can still be used to hold clothing or whatnot that you want to keep dry in the main pack. And they're a hell of a lot more durable than trash bags.

To get rid of the smell, turn them inside out, wash with hot sop and water and let them dry. That gets rid of most of it.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Alright, thanks a lot!
If I can get them to smell bearable, I will definitely put them to good use.

EDIT:
Works like a charm, thanks!
A word of advise (common sense for most people); don't wash anything else in the water you use for this. Haha.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads