Wannabe Hobo From Kentucky | Squat the Planet

Wannabe Hobo From Kentucky

180 Degrees

Reaction score
Okay, so I have hitched and driven all across the country off and on since 2003. Now, I have this driving job that will take me into Cle Elum Washington by mid to late next week. I will be coming back to Kentucky and have considered the basic hitching journey to meet this end. However, I really wanna try train-hopping as it is something that I have wanted to do for quite sometime. I have no idea on how, when, and where to proceed. I don't wanna just catch one and end up in San Diego or Texas. It would also be cool to find someone out that way when I arrive that may perhaps be looking to get eastward by rail ... to share stories, interests, etc. I'll most likely be leaving Asheville NC tomorrow (9/18) driving to Washington state. If there is anyone needing a lift on this itinerary, just let me know. Could haul up to 3 people easily. Anyway, I'm from Kentucky, bornt' and raised. 33 year old male. Love to play chess and listen to others' ideologies. Not much into politics, however, I will listen adamantly if you have something dealing with "grassroots." I like the site already, possibly more than digihitch. Been over there since 2008. Cheers!

180 Degrees

Reaction score
Thanks, but what I received was just a map of the eastern portion of railing. Nothing originating from out West.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads