1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, this notice is just to let you know that we periodically remove threads in the Road Dogs area that have had no responses in the past year. This way you can be assured the listings here are (relatively) fresh!

wanna travel?

Discussion in 'Road Dogs & Meet Up' started by native, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. native

native Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    sup

I'm planning of leaving florida august 8,9,10 wouldn't mind going west to Colorado or to Cali I got a bike, a pack and myself. if you don't mind a bike I can walk my bike. ive never traveled by bike just on foot so its new. been traveling since 2013, stopped for a few years and now ready to get on the road again. bored af in florida, I'm not lazy and love to party. I can dumpster dive, spange, jug and busk(just need a guitar and I'm working on it)

looking to hitch a ride outta florida to save my energy for more interesting states but might end up riding cause I don't know how often people pick up travelers with bikes :/ so it may slow things down if you travel on the road.

2. LVKZ

LVKZ Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Trinidad
    State:
    CO
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -1
    what's up, i'm in colorado (Trinidad) right now and looking to travel for the fall/winter going towards Cali
    i'm 23 and have been on the road (homebumming in sf) for the past year or so, still new to the whole traveling thing.
    i'm stocking up supplies and cash right now, making a gofundme for my travel funds
    i have a guitar but no ability to play it, you're welcome to jam and party with me
    it's been a while since i've set up a good spange & could use the good vibes. PM me when you get further west

3. OP
    OP
    native

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    forsure man

4. Brooklynkid

Brooklynkid is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I'm in spring Hill right now I'd be down to travel with you

5. OP
    OP
    native

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    I'm in Gainesville fl
    how long have u been traveling and are you experienced with busking and spanging? dumpster diving, willing to walk long distances?
    I don't like lazy people or people that don't pull their own weight.
    I'm trying to go to Colorado but I'm willing to travel and meet you somewhere
    I'm looking to leave sometime in august. I have so social security stuff I'm dealing with

tell me about your times traveling cause I'm willing to travel with someone new to the road

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brooklynkid

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I'm definitely not lazy. I haven't really officially traveled. I was homeless for a couple weeks. Yesterday I walked for 9 hrs( I look like a fucking lobster right now) towards i-75 with my supplies because I've been looking for people to go with but I haven't been able to find anyone so I said fuck it I'ma do it solo. I was fine up until night and I realised this is going to suck solo. I'm aiming for Cali/Colorado also. I can't play a instrument but as far as spranging I have no problem doing that. Also dumpster diving I have no problem with neither, I know you're supposed to check food places/ grocery stores/ little Cesar's ect. But officially no I haven't done neither. I have a tent also but idk if im going to bring it because it DEFINITELY made that 9 hour walk extremely difficult.

#6 Brooklynkid, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. OP
    OP
    native

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    okay, I'm looking for people that are down to adventure and not give a fuck on how we go about it or survive. you might wanna bring a tent cause I don't like sleeping on the streets cause your more prone to getting mugged(happened to be once) uh why don't you htch to fl? come down to my camp site. chill here make some money and dip. idk if you know skatepunk16 but hes 16 years old and wants to travel with me. if your down. ive never traveled with someone in there teens...try and find a ride share down to fl I'm gonna send you facebook links

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    native

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
  9. Brooklynkid

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I'm already in Florida lol Springhill atm. I'm like a 2 hr drive from gainsville I think. And yeah I'm down to travel with both you guys. Definitely yearning for adventure and have the i dont give a fuck additude. And alright I'll bring it. I have a duffle bag atm which is the main reason the tents a pain to bring so I gotta find me a actual travel backpack. If not I'll just bring the duffle bag and find a backpack on the road.

10. Brooklynkid

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
  11. OP
    OP
    native

Achievements:
    City:
    Gainesville
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    oh shit never heard of that place. dude if u wanna come down here so your not alone and we can meet and hang out. I'm in school which is over august 8th and I have to wait to hear back from this ssi claim but yeh a duffle bag will be a pain. I have a small backpack that you can have. it can only fit clothes and small items but if u want you can come down here and tent out with me and we go around the town and ask ppl for money and make like 40-50 in like 1-2 huors and we get u a pack?

12. Brooklynkid

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I'm talking to you on Facebook right now, message me where you're staying at so I can start to plan to get there. I also have a small backpack but thanks for the offer. I'm down to sprang for a bigger one tho when I get there.

13. Nick nice

Nick nice is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    City:
    Chester
    State:
    WV
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I like adventures!! Im in wv ready to get outta town...hold my own.wanna get to cali by winter....should hit me up ...I'm willing to come that way...lmk

14. Shaggy Rogers

Shaggy Rogers Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Hippy
    City:
    Dawsonville
    State:
    GA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +14 / -2
    I'm just north of Atlanta but I'm about to head south to the Florida coast and make my way west. I'm a pro at dumpster diving, and most things that do with survival like that. I got a bike that I'll be pushing (mountains aren't that easy riding) with my bag on my back. Definitely gonna steer towards y'all in my travel, maybe we meet up somewhere. Planning on snow-birding it north next summer to get some snowboarding in if you wanna join up.

15. Brooklynkid

Achievements:
    City:
    New Port Richey
    State:
    FL
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I'll be in Atlanta Georgia in a few days. I'm down to Meetup, do you do any hard drugs ect? Keep in mind I'm a greenhorn and this is my first time traveling lol

16. Shaggy Rogers

Shaggy Rogers Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Hippy
    City:
    Dawsonville
    State:
    GA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +14 / -2
    Im almost an hour north drive of atl. The drugs are easy to get im deff 420 friendly. Whats your mode of travel fellow newbe.?