wanderer in training, underage hobo, unashamedly myself

The Hiker

Reaction score
Hi.

Since summer 2016, I've realized that I'm not like most of the people around me. I see other people my age glued to their smartphones, doing nothing with themselves, just following the flow of our culture. And since around may of this year, I've realized that I can't do that. If I tried to, it might be simpler or easier, but eventually I think my spirit would suffocate. I feel more at home in the outdoors than I do at home, and I want to travel the world and meet other people like me. For a while I was pretty deppressed thinking that nobody else had those/similar views, but since I've found STP, I'm constantly inspired by all the adventurous and free people here.

Thank you all for being here, and I will see you on the road/in the wilds as soon as I can get out of here!

Reaction score
Ayy man, I'm new too and after being aleinated and anti-assimilation for most of my life I've decided to work for a bit then start hitchhiking and hoppin trains, and like you said meeting others like myself, good for you man, I hope you have fun, maybe we'll run into each other some day. ;)

Reactions: The Hiker
D

Deleted member 125

Hi.

Since summer 2016, I've realized that I'm not like most of the people around me. I see other people my age glued to their smartphones, doing nothing with themselves, just following the flow of our culture. And since around may of this year, I've realized that I can't do that. If I tried to, it might be simpler or easier, but eventually I think my spirit would suffocate. I feel more at home in the outdoors than I do at home, and I want to travel the world and meet other people like me. For a while I was pretty deppressed thinking that nobody else had those/similar views, but since I've found STP, I'm constantly inspired by all the adventurous and free people here.

Thank you all for being here, and I will see you on the road/in the wilds as soon as I can get out of here!

how old are we talking here?

A

A New Name

thank you for the meh rating @Perceval but my question has to do with op's general safety.

It's good that you elaborated on the why so as not to alienate OP. I understand how that's important but OP might not if you hadn't.

Just realised I may be underestimating OPs maturity. Excuse me, it's just that it seems to me that that approach can easily lead to caution advices being blown off.

Last edited:
Z

zBzz

Man, there definitely seems to be a lot of younger people becoming interested in this style of life recently. (including myself) That's pretty sweet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads