Walking from Mexico to Canada... (1 Viewer)

YellowBlazer

Will fill in on things, but up to this point I’m getting pretty good at filming. John E. Ringo got triggered on Instagram...::snaphappy::
5dc6fe81-3e84-401e-a470-e6e3c51fc89f-jpeg.56725
5d548a6d-a93b-4c6e-930d-116debbff3ce-jpeg.56726
ad535338-7610-4a0a-ac1d-f9b3d0fdd2ca-jpeg.56727
5160f1a7-cbc0-4d24-a600-32dd0f6e75a0-jpeg.56728

I’m only gonna get better....halfway there. Got the entire thing filmed in 4K and gonna take this game to another level when I’m finished and are able to edit on a PC. Got some train stuff on the transcon too, but I’m holding back until the Fall to release it

“Rebellion against Tyrants is obidence to God.” - Thomas Jefferson

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Hudson

Wanderer
I was under the impression the PCT was closed this year due to miss rona.

What course are you following?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
they closed the PCT due to this shit... wtf....

Isn't the wilderness kinda the definition of social distancing... I mean people can smell their their neighbors farts over fences.... in the wild you can go string a hammock up a tree.

.... the world is retarded.

Hudson

Wanderer
they closed the PCT due to this shit... wtf....

Isn't the wilderness kinda the definition of social distancing... I mean people can smell their their neighbors farts over fences.... in the wild you can go string a hammock up a tree.

.... the world is retarded.

They closed the trail because most of the communities in the wild are very vulnerable to the virus and do not have hospitals.

Not to mention the rest houses they have where they support the people. Its a nightmare for logistics. People stop in most communities along the trail for supplies. I don't blame em.

Solfinger

Isn’t the PCT part of the National Parks Service? At least sections of it are. I’m pretty sure they (NPS) are open. I assume the Canadian portion will be restricted.

Hudson

Wanderer
Its not part of the National parks it has quite a few it runs through but as a whole the pct is a loosely based organization.

The communities on the trail requested that people don't come through.

Here is the site where they stated their beliefs. The people who run and operate the trail are purely volunteers.

You can say I'm stupid all you want @Odin .

Doesn't change the situation. My family lives in one of the communities that the pct passes through and they have supported thru hikers for as long as I could remember. My pops has cancer and the closest hospital from their town is 30 miles. So i undoubtedly support theorganizations actions to prevent the plague from spreading further into the mountains. And i respect the decisions of all of the volunteers who are following the guidance of medical professionals and the cdc. To not do so is selfish and frankly irresponsible.

Feel free to go in the wilderness and hang a hammock. Just don't interact with the communities. Good luck packing that many supplies because the post offices are not accepting general delivery for the purpose of a recreational activity.

That's my two cents.

Last edited:
OP
YellowBlazer

YellowBlazer

Its not part of the National parks it has quite a few it runs through but as a whole the pct is a loosely based organization.

The communities on the trail requested that people don't come through.

Here is the site where they stated their beliefs. The people who run and operate the trail are purely volunteers.

You can say I'm stupid all you want @Odin .

Doesn't change the situation. My family lives in one of the communities that the pct passes through and they have supported thru hikers for as long as I could remember. My pops has cancer and the closest hospital from their town is 30 miles. So i undoubtedly support theorganizations actions to prevent the plague from spreading further into the mountains. And i respect the decisions of all of the volunteers who are following the guidance of medical professionals and the cdc. To not do so is selfish and frankly irresponsible.

Feel free to go in the wilderness and hang a hammock. Just don't interact with the communities. Good luck packing that many supplies because the post offices are not accepting general delivery for the purpose of a recreational activity.

That's my two cents.

You’re as high as a kite. I’ve been getting hitches left & right...going to grocery stores and post offices left & right...banging locals, fist bumping Sheriff’s deputies who think what I’m doing is badass. quit being a “Karen”.... & I’m not on the PCT

Hudson

Wanderer
Not really being a Karen. Do what you want honestly. Ive been following quarantine procedure this whole time and I got the dam virus ufrom my PT last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
CowboyDan9494