Vince - Insta: @gyxv_ | Squat the Planet

Vince - Insta: @gyxv_

trufeats

Reaction score
Website
www.giugafitness.com
"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

As you can probably tell already, I'm obsessed with quotes from my favorite movies, books, philosophers, and travelers. Almost every one of my Instagram posts is a quote from someone who has inspired me with the occasional original thought sprinkled in there.

My name is Vince. I'm 21 years old and I live in NY near the Tri-State area. This place is GREAT for hiking and camping, but I guess I feel too stagnate staying here. What I'm hoping to get out of this forum is ideas/tips for traveling & adventuring on a low budget. So far what interests me is hitchhiking and freight train hopping. I'm also looking to meet new people and hear new stories. Just looking for people to explore, hike, and camp with and learn a little in the process too. I want to start my adventure across the country around springtime 2020. So far, I haven't traveled a whole lot. I was in the Marines so I was stationed in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Hawaii before I was discharged for a complicated medical reason.

My dream is to one day return back to Hawaii and perhaps one day they'll legalize mini-houses over there. My plan for 2020 is to wander and hitchhike down to Florida and from there freight train hop over to California, and from there fly out to Hawaii. Wherever I end up spending longer periods of time isn't a problem for me! I'd love to enjoy the company of my fellow travelers, meet new people, spend some time at the beaches, climb some mountains, and try new jobs. Even though I want to end up in Hawaii, wherever life leads me, as long as I'm happy, I'll be cool with. I'm more so doing this for a search of some kind of deeper meaning in my life, because society doesn't really offer me any kind of sustainable happiness.

Currently, I'm a personal trainer. I spent the last few years preparing myself to become a personal trainer so I can help people reach their goals in a healthy manner and prevent them from having the same medical issues that caused my discharge from the Marines. Now that I'm a personal trainer and living my dream, honestly, I'm bored. It has just become a routine. Same people, same place, same stresses. The only thing that makes me happy nowadays are my hiking adventures and the rare quality moments I spend with other people talking about our lives, our ambitions, our dreams, and the deeper questions about our meaning and our universe.

I've found that it's rare you have these quality moments in society. People are all stuck in their heads and their routines. We all have busy schedules, running from one place to another to earn money, and don't really get to enjoy ourselves. The times we do enjoy ourselves tend to be the minority, whereas the busy work is the majority. I think it should be the other way around. Even when you're spending time with someone, they're normally so caught up in their heads with where they're going next, what needs to be done, etc that you can't even have anything real with them for a second because they're not there. Their body is there, but their mind isn't.

Maybe trying this new lifestyle, going from place to place, panhandling, working whatever jobs are available, meeting new people, and having awesome adventures is where real life truly is, because it's sure as hell not in society. I honestly just crave to have real human interaction where two people can talk and be real with one another without another thought in their heads except that singular moment.

For the time being, before my 2020 adventure, I'm mostly looking to go hike, explore abandoned buildings, and go on crazy adventures (& learn a thing or two) with some people near my area. Get my feet wet in this lifestyle and grow some confidence before I try to jump on a freight train and travel across the country.

If you're curious, here are some things I enjoy!
Hiking, running, swimming, exploring, teaching exercise classes, personal training, camping, stargazing, listening to music (especially Alt-J, Timmies, or any kind of Lofi-Hiphop), deep conversations, long phone calls, or anything new or spontaneous. If I've never done it, I'm probably more than willing to try with few exceptions.

And random other thoughts, if you're interested in debate, or maybe this'll spark a conversations:
I believe in aliens, I think 9/11 was an inside job, I believe the Earth is round, I believe in The Law of Attraction, and I believe in a theory called "Omnireincarnation" where the premise is that when we die, we are reincarnated as other living beings (past, present, or future) so we are all literally the same soul living each other's lives. I thought of that theory myself and then googled it and found other people were thinking it too! My favorite example of it is a short story called "The Egg" by Andy Weir. The Egg - http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

And I'm a big, big, big book reader. Some of my favorites:
"The Power of Moments," "The Power of Now," "Love, Freedom, Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships," "How to Win Friends and Influence People," "Pitch Anything," "The 4-Hour Body," "I Hate Selling," "Rework," "The Secret," "Dreams of Awakening," "Zen Flesh Zen Bones," "1984," "No Sweat," "Why Quantum Physicists Do Not Fail," "Why Buddhism is True," "The Kindness Diaries," "The Motivation Manifesto," "The Alchemist" and probably many more that I'm forgetting.

If you live nearby and/or are near town, I'm always down for a hike! My favorite around these parts is Breakneck Ridge near Mt. Beacon. Hit me up if you'd like to hike or do anything else outdoorsy around these parts!!! I'm not entirely sure how this site works yet, but I'm sure there's probably a way to private message me, or hit me up right here with a reply and we can get a group together :)

The other thing you should know about me is that I write way, way, way too much.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads