News & Blogs Video showing homeless man passing out food thought to be fake

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
I figured I'd post this in news because it's an RT story, but feel free to move it if necessary.

So there's this video floating around of a guy giving $100 to a homeless guy (I'm thinking he's more of a homebum but as alot of us spange I figured this might be applicable) then following the bum/hobo (probably the former but whatever) to a liquor store then to a park where he "surprisingly" passes out food to his "begger friends".

Now here's the kicker. People think it's fake. And to be honest I'm kind of inclined to believe that for one reason; a begger can make well over $100 on a good day. Sure we all have our stories of standing in the snow all day and making 12 bucks, but we also hear stories (sometimes slightly exaggerated) of a friend of a friend making a grand standing at a great spot for 5 hours.

What I'm getting at is that if this guy's a full time spanger he's maybe not gotten a $100 bill but he's probably got some nice amounts of cash. The "are you sure" reaction seems fishy too. If I was spanging and someone gave me $100 I'd say thank you alot but not "are you sure". What if they had second thoughts? Also wouldn't the guy notice the car following and filming him?

HOWEVER, fake or not it's heart is in the right place. Alot of homebums are veterens, disabled, mentally ill, etc. They're not all drunks. And if they drink a little who cares? It's perfectly legal to drink. Sure in public it's not (at least most places it's not). But alot of the "drunk bums" struggle with addiction so don't cast judgement. This guy seems nice and I wish him the best of luck in life. Being homeless is only bad if you make it bad (although there are many circumstances where it is not a good situation to be in).

What do you guys think, fake or not?

Hopefully that video embed works...

Reactions: skillpore and Kal

Kal

Reaction score
Fake or not I think it is cool that he took the money and bought some food and handed it out to the homeless.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads