Video - Video Editing Offer | Squat the Planet

Video Video Editing Offer

D

Deleted member 8978

Gotta find some way to make that money, I also obtained adequate skills in video production using Vegas Pro and OBS, but unfortunately I am not for hire at this time. Damn employers always rejected my resumes and never gave me a chance.

Reactions: SoloDrifter1980

SoloDrifter1980

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Gotta find some way to make that money, I also obtained adequate skills in video production using Vegas Pro and OBS, but unfortunately I am not for hire at this time. Damn employers always rejected my resumes and never gave me a chance.
It's a try and not getting any bites yet but maybe even one or two would be better than nothing . Something I enjoy doing and benefit as well, why not?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nothin wrong with having a hustle of some sort. Hey just some constructive criticism here, don't take this the wrong way I'm just offering an opinion. Let's say I was the one wanting some editing done and I happened upon this thread. That link up there titled "video editing offer" leads to a page that seems.. fucked up or wonky.

I don't know if that's something you edited and maybe it looks good on your phone but it's all types of fucked up on a PC. The sizing is just way out from where it oughta be. In fact it's so big you can't even tell there's additional info below it. I just happened to mouse scroll to see and stumbled upon more.

Then the info itself that you typed "I am offering three complete edits, I a" that's how it ends. It ends "I a" like almost seems like you might be saying more there like "I also offer this this and that" but the editing or whatever it is... it's cut off, right?

So right here, if I'm looking for somebody to edit videos, I hate to say it brother but at this point I'm going "Damn, this guy can't even get this still-image page right. How am I gonna trust him with my vids?". It's almost like handing out business cards that offer the service of making business cards for people but the card you're handing out has errors on it.

Reactions: OwenE
D

Deleted member 8978

With the right video editing tools (up in the professional level, not the stupid smartphone or automated level), the right computer(s), and the patience it takes to get videos out professionally with no mistakes, you'll be able to push yourself farther into the world of photo and video which many of us already know. It didn't take me long to create my own logo. I also use Photoshop to make up PNG images which adds a transparent layer to a video - in my case for captioning.

So far, here's where I am at as far current video/image editing tools. I use Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2019 for images, Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) for screen capturing/recording, MAGIX Vegas Pro 16.0 for video editing/rendering, and Handbrake to reduce a rendered video's file size so the video itself is YouTube friendly and won't lose quality.

While OBS and Handbrake can be obtained free, Photoshop and Vegas Pro requires you to go to one of the Pirate Bay's proxy mirror sites and download them using BitTorrent. Afterwards, it's best to disable Internet and virus protection when installing and cracking the two. Don't even bother collecting spare change because it will take way more than that to buy the two anyway. https://piratebayproxy.info/

Some of you may have better tools for video editing, and if you do, let me know so that I'll check them out at some point. :)

• Useful
Reactions: SoloDrifter1980

SoloDrifter1980

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nothin wrong with having a hustle of some sort. Hey just some constructive criticism here, don't take this the wrong way I'm just offering an opinion. Let's say I was the one wanting some editing done and I happened upon this thread. That link up there titled "video editing offer" leads to a page that seems.. fucked up or wonky.

I don't know if that's something you edited and maybe it looks good on your phone but it's all types of fucked up on a PC. The sizing is just way out from where it oughta be. In fact it's so big you can't even tell there's additional info below it. I just happened to mouse scroll to see and stumbled upon more.

Then the info itself that you typed "I am offering three complete edits, I a" that's how it ends. It ends "I a" like almost seems like you might be saying more there like "I also offer this this and that" but the editing or whatever it is... it's cut off, right?

So right here, if I'm looking for somebody to edit videos, I hate to say it brother but at this point I'm going "Damn, this guy can't even get this still-image page right. How am I gonna trust him with my vids?". It's almost like handing out business cards that offer the service of making business cards for people but the card you're handing out has errors on it.
Well it may be a different story between a phone and computer but like when I quote you and then reply, it is scrunched up to where you have to click on the text to expand it. This is how it is with this Facebook offer, the description is scrunched up and has to be clicked in order to expand it. It's just an offer, don't half expect anything to become of it anyway. And I only have my phone's to do the editing on anyway but think I do a decent job with my videos that I post to my YouTube channel. Guess if a guy wants theirs top notch they could look on Angie's list and look to pay in the hundreds ..

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I see what you're saying, I just checked the link from my phone and it seems a little more in line. There's still some text errors there though. I probably just wouldn't seek out service from someone that's fine with errors on their page. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure you'll get plenty of business though, best of luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 8978

I like the idea of editing videos by taking all the raw footage I recorded and then start cutting down to make up the shorter length of the final video. The goal is to avoid wasting a viewer's time. Because some viewers can complain with things like "well, that is the 2 hours of my life I won't get back."

Not to be rude, but your videos aren't too good when it comes to editing.

• Disagree
Reactions: drode

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just FYI, the reason the link was looking weird on FB is because you were copying and pasting the link from a mobile device; so your link currently points to m.facebook.com when it should be facebook.com. just taking the 'm' out of the link should fix the issue.

my advice on the video editing thing, you'll need to build a portfolio and have a place to put it where folks can see it. youtube will work fine, so you might want to start a separate channel for that. also specifying what you are editing with, and making sure you have a seriously good internet connection, since video is going to be super bandwidth heavy.

also, once you get a portfolio built up, you might consider starting an account on fiverr.com and getting some business that way.

OwenE

Reaction score
I always thought it was kind of a strange concept to hire someone to edit footage you shot yourself. I've had several people offer to edit my footage for free and I've declined all offers. Can't imagine that someone else could possibly edit something to look even remotely how I want it...and the format of my videos is about as basic as it gets.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

BardoBard

Reaction score
I always thought it was kind of a strange concept to hire someone to edit footage you shot yourself. I've had several people offer to edit my footage for free and I've declined all offers. Can't imagine that someone else could possibly edit something to look even remotely how I want it...and the format of my videos is about as basic as it gets.

Its probably because your formatting is streamlined already

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads