Very happy to have found this place! | Squat the Planet

Very happy to have found this place!

DropoutBoy

Reaction score
Hello! I wanted to say, first of all, I'm glad I found this site and I'm really looking forward to all the new people that I'll meet, helping them on their journeys as well as being helped.

I'm a nineteen year old queer who just dropped out of college. I'm living on donations and the occasional freelance writing gig. I have never hitchhiked, squatted, or couch-surfed before, but I am very resourceful and organized.

My current goal is to take a scenic route through America, starting here in Chicago, going south-west, then north east in a U shape. I'm hoping to hit Santa Fe and Roswell, NM, as well as Fresno and San Francisco. Everything else is flexible. I'll probably stay a couple extra nights at places that catch my interest, I'm in no real hurry.

I'm planning to leave in six months, on May 5th. I need to wrap things up at home first because I don't plan on coming back for a while. So I'm by no means in urgent need of help, but I think this is a great resource to learn and ask questions about the journey I'm about to take, set some things up in advance if possible.

So, hi, everyone!

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard to STP!!!

You have the right attitude, get out and travel and see the country. Do your research first and plenty of useful information on this site.

I also highly recommend to read Matt Derrick's book: The Anarchist's Guide To Travel.

Good Luck!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Could someone please delete all this from my thread? Thank you.

done. the off topic posts have been moved to a PM where it can be hashed out. apologies for the bs.

Reactions: Jimmy Beans

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads