Vending machines

Threads
Current Location
Potter County PA
Reactions
96% 0% 3%
Did this again with the indoor vending inside the building where I'm a helping janitor. I filled it out, alias and all and left a note. 2.50 put into the envelope the next evening by either machine owner or business owner

Threads
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Everything you read on the internet about "hacking" these modern machines is bullshit. Salt water won't short the circuits, most machines use a laser to read the composite of the coin making faking them bullshit, coins go into a holding area then the change box making magnets null.
And a lot have installed a 'in only' mechanism at the mouth of the coin slot. Alarms and thicker glass make forced entry harder.

They've gotten pretty good at foolproofing these things. These tricks might work on real old machines but that's real hit and miss. The code trick could work, gotten into the menu but haven't ever changed/gotten anything.

Learn to lock pick kids, but take these, its dangerous to go alone

Attachments

ottawafm

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Threads
Current Location
Ottawa Kansas
Reactions
86% 7% 7%
Use a torch and a coat hanger! Heat the end of the hanger and burn a hole through the plastic window. Make a hook on the other end of the hanger and get your stuff! Easy!
Or, try breaking the door where you pick up your merchandise. Then reach up and grab the stuff you want.

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Threads
Current Location
Athens,GA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
DUDE... no. I mean maybe in select locations, but the process of heating the hanger enough to burn through takes a while, and you haven't even burned yet. Every second reduces your chance of escape. And that kind of B&B is noisy, therefore messy.
I dunno, whatever floats your boat.

Threads
Current Location
Miami
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
No really, what could you want from a vending machine? Now I'm even more curious.

DIY tool: a brick. The theft will be noticed anyway, so why mess around?
Great answer , Theft always use bricks to get things from the Vending Machines , they won't use any tools to open it.

Threads
Current Location
ukiah
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
there there is in fact a very simple lock picking device for the type of key you're talking about which is called a tube lock key it can also be done with the brass casing of a 32 caliber bullet and a pair of pliers but honestly it's not worth committing a felony to get yourself a sandwich or a Pepsi you know you can get food easier than that with a piece of cardboard and a $2 marker and as far as the person talking about the Powerade machine honestly I don't know if I buy that cuz for one it's a separate lock altogether down below and it's a much more serious pins and no surfaces to get a pry bar on bur I'm sure I've not seen all the vending machines the world has to offer and to be honest I've never tried to hit one myself

Jackthereaper

StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Reactions
80% 2% 17%
I know this is a long time later, but the tool the OP was searching for is called a “tubular lock impressioning tool”. It would be considered burglers tools like lockpicks in many states, so dont get cought with them while trespassing etc.

Threads
Current Location
everywhere
Reactions
94% 1% 6%
About 10 yrs ago someone showed me the code to get into admin mode on coke machines. Basically you hit the soda options in a certain order and you could fuck with then operating system. I just googled it and apparently this still works. https://www.bungie.net/uR/Forums/Post/114387