Banned user 'it's me ryan' aka ryan nash, for staff harassment (1 Viewer)

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
I feel like we should lock the thread with an explanation that we don't want a massive flame war but say that Matt will come through later to address the issue in a Den of the Banned thread.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Hi! My name is Ryan. I was banned from this site previously because Matt Derrick decided he didn't enjoy being called out as being a sexual predator. Guess what y'all? HE'S A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

He tried to convince a 16 year old girl to run away from home TO HAVE SEX WITH HER. Guess what? That 16 year old girl was another user posing as a 16 year old girl.

Matt Derrick is a sexual predator and should be treated as such. I'm sure this will result in my being banned once again but I don't really care.

Also, if you come to NOLA just to drink and fuck shit up then I'll make your visit a living hell.
Alright, let's begin the process of dealing with this.

First of all, I'm locking this thread. Enough of us know Matt to know this is bullshit but we don't need this to escalate further into a flame war. Threats and insults get us nowhere, even if they are directed at someone who's being shitty.

Second, I'm muting (but not yet banning) @Its Me Ryan so he can't just start more threads. As @EphemeralStick said, @Its Me Ryan has a long history with @Matt Derrick so I'm leaving the actual banning to Matt, who will hopefully explain the whole situation for folks who weren't around when this started a decade ago.

I'm hoping Matt will show up soon to address the issue and delete this thread because I don't like seeing this accusation up here against someone many of us know personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Fuck.. I'm definitely in support of locking that one. Damage prevention before it gets stupid. I remember crkt from the old site, didn't realize he was such an insufferable cunt before. Sorry you're having to go through this, Matt. No matter how false these claims are it still has to be real shitter to be called such things.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Hi! My name is Ryan. I was banned from this site previously because Matt Derrick decided he didn't enjoy being called out as being a sexual predator. Guess what y'all? HE'S A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

He tried to convince a 16 year old girl to run away from home TO HAVE SEX WITH HER. Guess what? That 16 year old girl was another user posing as a 16 year old girl.

Matt Derrick is a sexual predator and should be treated as such. I'm sure this will result in my being banned once again but I don't really care.

Also, if you come to NOLA just to drink and fuck shit up then I'll make your visit a living hell.
first off, thank you to those that came to my defense over this nonsense.

second, this is my favorite part:

Guess what? That 16 year old girl was another user posing as a 16 year old girl.
wow! that must have been some intense subterfuge! i'm sure it's really difficult to pull of posing as a 16 year old girl when you're a 16 year... old... girl??? maybe he meant guy, who knows.

anyways, where to start with this asshole... geez. the short version is that ryan nash (aka 'crkt') went off the deep end nearly a decade ago. I don't know what his particular psychological malfunction is, but we went from being decent friends to him accusing me of a host of utterly random things out of the blue that were so far fetched at the time it was a little hard for me to grasp why he was saying these things.

accusations that i beat my girlfriend (who he had met on maybe one or two occasions) telling my friends about how i had phone sex with one of his friends (a junkie girl from LA who he also had phone sex with several times); which is absolutely true, i did, but at the time was told to him in confidence, but he seemed to really enjoy bringing it up to my friends while in front of me in an attempt to embarrass me. and then later this whole 'matt is an evil predator that lures naive girls into a life of travel and buggery!' bit. i imagine he came up with this narrative simply because it was something that might be 'damaging' to my 'reputation'.

now usually i would just write off ryan as another one of many other trolls and harassers that want to 'take me down' because i run this website, but here's where ryan becomes 'special' among that group of people.

keep in mind that these random assortments of accusations were smattered across several years (and never once with any proof or anyone to back him up). but even stranger was that he would periodically contact me to apologize for saying these things about me and practically beg me to forgive him so we could be friends again.

i definitely fell for this not once, but twice, and the third attempt was in denver when i was walking down the street with my pack on and another travel buddy, and he biked by, clearly recognizing me, almost stopping, but kept going. no more than 2-3 minutes later, he send me a text message asking if i want to hang out and needed a place to stay.

not wanting to get into another stupid fight, i basically texted him back nicely explaining how for the past few years he's done nothing but talk mad shit, apologize, then a few months later accuse me of being a rapist, apologize, and then come back later to say i beat my girlfriend, and now you want to give me a place to crash? i ended the conversation with a "please do not contact me again" text and that was basically the last I'd heard from him until around 2016.

that's when he sent me a friend request on facebook along with a message saying that he'd created the account @it's me ryan and that despite our past, all he wanted to do is help other travelers with train info and a place to crash and whatnot. honestly this concerned me because i didn't want folks staying with this guy; in my opinion he is mentally unhinged and could be potentially dangerous.

so that's where the first post in this thread starts, and although i agree with the rest of the staff that it wasn't appropriate to put him in the untrustworthy section back then, i'm basically putting him on blast now so if folks run into him they know to steer clear. I've attached several photos of him from our brief travels together, but keep in mind they are quite old (around 2005 i think?) but will hopefully give you something to recognize him by.

yes, i'm sure ryan has grand authority, commanding the forces of new orleans at a whim. so everyone, watch out! he's coming to get you!

seriously though, i have a feeling ryan's jumping on the nola anti-gutter-punk bandwagon, which i know some people love making StP a scapegoat for, but anyone that hangs around here long enough knows that crowd doesn't really frequent or use StP much.

Either way, if you see ryan/crkt walking down the street in nola feel free to give him a swift kick in the nuts for me.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@Matt Derrick all of this seems super far fetched but for transparency sake I need to ask: Are any of his allegations of sexual misconduct true at all?
*sigh* really? did you read the last post? also, why should i have to defend myself against every random accusation someone decides to throw my way? if there was proof, or even someone to back up those claims, sure, i'd come out and say something a little more direct. but this whole thing of people believing or even giving any amount of credence to stuff like this they see online needs to end and i find it offensive that i need to even respond to a question like this.

that's the number one thing i hate about stuff like this; it takes no effort on the part of the accuser and the accused has to spend all their time defending themselves because our community is so damn cynical that they'll generally accept that anyone in any position of perceived 'authority' is probably the bad guy, no matter how outlandish the claims are from the person casting them from the shadows.

croc

Wise Sage
Dude, there's no reason to get upset over someone calmly asking a question on a very serious subject that hits close to home with a lot of users who have been abused.
I said it all sounds wicked far fetched for a reason.
Also, I've been falsely accused of shit by a spiteful, crazy person. I know how frustrating and even infuriating it is. But when people messaged me saying "hey pretty sure u didn't do this but gotta ask if it's true" I understood why they needed to take a serious subject seriously.
I'm not trying to argue with u and I'm def willing to take your word for it. But getting mad at me for just asking for a clear "I did or did not do any of the things" is kinda silly.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I said it all sounds wicked far fetched for a reason.
all of this seems super far fetched
okay, perhaps we have a bit of a miscommunication here. when i read the above i interpreted it as saying 'matt, your side of the story sounds far fetched'. which maybe i misinterpreted, sorry.

but i feel like i made it pretty clear in my long post above that no, there has not been any shady shit with anyone, ever, and definitely not in regards to this subject. i have no idea what/who ryan is talking about and i'm fairly certain they made it up to make me look bad and hurt my 'rep' in the community; it's not the first time someone's tried to do that, mostly because they just don't like what StP represents, so they choose to take it out on me IRL.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Is this the same guy who claimed a pig with wings jumped off of the train car and fell onto the axle? And who also had to "clarify" that rideable IM cars were either red, yellow, or blue? And that most others on that thread were wrong?

Cause damn. I can smell the crazy in that one from here. Thank you for posting pictures.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
@croc I'm going to have to agree with @Matt Derrick on that one. He made it pretty clear that the accusations were bogus.

And you asking that question after reading the post does sound a bit like you were not taking his word for it. The extra question just adds to the rumor.

croc

Wise Sage
@Matt Derrick
Nah man I definitely meant his shit was crazy, not yours. I see why there could be a mix up there.
I read the whole post but since there wasn't a "I did not do any of this" just wanted to hear/read you say that.
Thanks for the reply, that's all I needed
I'm sorry this shit is wasting your time n energy. I know how u feel

croc

Wise Sage
Yall, chill.
It's a fair question to ask for a direct answer instead of an implied answer. And it's not about taking Matt or my side, especially when I'm on his side and the only thing I needed to be on his side was his direct word that it's all 100% untrue.
And fuck the phone sex, ain't nothin wrong with that. He's dumb for thinking that would be a way to make Matt look bad.

wokofshame

Vagabond
Website
www.weather.gov
OK I met ryan "cricket" for one night maybe 8 or 9 years ago at the Bar Bar in Denver at a punk show, a woman who at the time was dating /living with him invited me back to their place to sleep on the couch, I had some conversation with her, she was more interesting to talk to than him so i mostly conversed with her, they had bikes so i was trailing them on foot when I left.
Then after they had biked ahead of me, he convinced her they couldn't bring me home, I tried calling them when i got to their neighbourhood, but he lacked the balls to answer the phone and be like "Nah, I don't want you in my house" and I ended up sleeping in a cul-de-sac somewhere, Whatever, I didn't care too much. I slept outside every night anyway.
About a month later he posted MY name in the original Untrustworthy and Shady People thread (when it was just a thread and not an entire forum section), claiming I had been "hitting on his girlfriend" and then called him all through the night.
Which was total bullshit, I'd been talking to her and not even flirting, she'd invited me to their mutual residence to crash, I called several times after I made it to their street to figure out their actual address-I'd been offered a shower/couch, right? I did nothing shady but somehow this guy has manages to fit his head out of his ass far enough to see the computer screen, log onto his arch-nemesis' website, and flame me. If I remember right, I was described as "someone you might meet under a bridge and walk away, but definitely wouldn't want to invite into your house".
So fuck Ryan. Anything he says is suspect and I have personal experience of him blatantly making lies up and defaming me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.75 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.75 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.75 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Bent123 wrote on iamwhatiam's profile.
I read your story last month about working in Alaska. I got a job in Naknek this summer. Definitely can get how it felt like jail. I fear it's really going to feel that way with this virus. We can't go into town. I'm not very happy about that since it will limit my exploring. Yet I really need the opportunity right now. Anymore advice is much appreciated.
Anyone been to Thailand or know anything about Thailand? Going in September and have absolutely no plans yet, open to suggestions!
Cincy, somehow is full of kids last year or so, like it.
Last week i took some trains i ain't rode in a while. Sparks->elko->green river->cheyenne->denver->amarillo->belen
I did some really important tweaking of the navigation menu on StP today. It should be significantly easier for mobile users to get around :)
Anyone in Chicago?!? Just rolled into town, next stop Minneapolis
Hey all, peace from a mostly retired road dog and now sober husband and father. Spent my youth hitching and tramping around the west primarily, Durango, mesa verde, Quartzsite, Laramie,Lander also Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit, Alabama, florida, Washington etc. Mostly lurking, keeping up on news and thinking about future destinations. Thanks for reading
Ridin' dirty face all day, playa playyyy
My New Backpack Review! Love this Pack!

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
The Ellusive Mr S