Banned user 'it's me ryan' aka ryan nash, for staff harassment (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
Edit (06-12-2018): So this user has been a problem in the past and discussing them has spanned several years and several threads, so I've decided to merge them all here and give a little bit of background, so people can hopefully avoid this person if they come across them.

if the conversation seems confusing, take a look at the dates, since this thread is now a compilation of several other threads, some of which are from the private staff area. i've responded to this whole situation in a post at the end of this thread that you can find here:

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/user-its-me-ryan-aka-ryan-nash-for-staff-harassment.35236/page-2#post-256081

----------------------------------

so 'crkt' aka ryan nash, tried to friend me on facebook today, and i noticed that he was living in new orleans now (it was on his FB profile). today i noticed the account @Its Me Ryan and checked his details, and yeah, it's definitely him ([email protected]).

so, my beef with ryan is getting pretty old now, and goes back to before widerstand tried to fuck me over back in 2010. i've banned ryan several times for posting outright lies about me supposedly beating my girlfriend and other such nonsense.

of course it's not too difficult to ban him, but it's also not too difficult to create another account at a different ip address, so on one hand maybe it's not worth the effort.

but on the other hand, i'm considering posting something about him in the shady people area, because he's outright lied about a bunch of things throughout the time i knew him, and also disclosed a lot of things to some of my friends that i told him in confidence. this makes me think that i should warn people about possibly staying with him, since he's sketch as fuck, and really shouldn't be trusted.

on top of this he claims to be an experienced train rider, but every piece of info i ever got from him was highly suspect, and never seemed to be right. also, the few times we traveled together, all he did was constantly complain about everything the whole time, like he'd never had to walk 5 miles before... maybe that's irrelevant, but these are all just things i'm remembering about him.

but again, maybe i'm letting my personal feelings get in the way of making a rational judgement. what do you think?

Last edited:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
When I run into people like that I just find my way away from them.

I wouldn't friend him, pay attention to him or think about him.

People like that have a screw loose and are probably doing that shit to other people, so if you stay off his radar he can go disrupt somebody else's life.

No easy answer, but fuck that guy.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Hometown
Bellingham, WA
This is a tough one. I don't think the things you listed (lying about riding experience, divulging secrets, complaining a lot) would merit a Shady People thread. It definitely makes him a shitty person but it's not on par with someone stealing your gear and throwing you off a train. I don't know the whole story though so I would say if you think he poses a serious risk to other travelers, you should take action. If it's just an issue of personal beef, let it slide.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Hometown
Montreal, Canada
It sounds like he has already shown you his true character. Unless he sent you an email along with that friend request, in which he is apologising and saying how he was an ass-hole and has changed yadda yadda, I'd ignore him. And even then I'd be sceptical.

As far as STP is concerned I think the over all thing here is to minimise any issues the public will witness, because really what would be the point. I don't think you would stand to gain anything if a bitch fest started, but you could lose face.

I'd say best practice is to just ignore the FB request, not deny it so he always sees it as pending. Just encase he's a lose canon and uses you denying him as a reason to act out again.

I'd also sit on his new account and watch it closely and the second he gets out of hand ban him then. As far as the untrustworthy thing, now seems like a bad time. I mean why wait until he signs up to start shit. Maybe wait to see how he acts on here and if he starts shit then ban him and write the report.

Again I'm always from the school of though where avoiding unnecessary scenes is a good thing. It feels like one of those situations where there is nothing to gain and only something to lose, so in short not worth it.

PS: I get the 5 mile thing

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
yeah, you're all right. just ignoring it is probably the best way to go. i'm glad i took a minute to post this instead of staying all worked up and causing an unnecessary shit storm, since like ya'll said, there's really not much to gain from it.

i definitely agree that sometimes it's far more effective to ignore someone than it is to call someone out on their shit. when this stuff comes up i just get a little riled, ya know?

well i appreciate folks talking me off that ledge :p

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
@Staff just a little background here, i've known ryan for like... almost 18 years. we used to be friends up until around 2008 or so, where i'm fairly convinced he lost his fucking mind at some point and i stopped associating myself with him, especially after he accused me of being abusive to my gf (he barely met her more than a few times after we broke up) and a bunch of other bizarre shit that came out of left field and wasn't really triggered by anything i did (that im aware of). it's weird, he just went fucking nuts in the span of like a year or so, i dunno if he's skitzo or what.

but a while back he created that account after i banned his first account @iamcrkt when he went on a tirade about what a horrible person i am (again, just kinda making stuff up out of thin air). so anyways, i let it slide since i just didn't want to deal with it and he said he was sorry for all the things he posted earlier (now that i think about it i think i made a post in this section debating whether i should put him in the untrustworthy) and claimed he just wanted to help travelers now (he lives in nola now apparently).

anyways, my point is that staff should keep an eye out from this guy cause he seriously has a screw loose and since i gave him a warning for that thread, i wouldn't be surprised if he blew the fuck up.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
oh and just fyi he's one of those 'im super train core' fucks (as you can tell if you look at his posts) but ironically most of his info never really helped me all that much back when i used to ride trains.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
oh and just fyi he's one of those 'im super train core' fucks (as you can tell if you look at his posts) but ironically most of his info never really helped me all that much back when i used to ride trains.
i got the same impression when i went through his past posts. im not sure if its him or another user (i couldnt find the post but i just skimmed his history so maybe i missed it) where they made a pretty similar comment something along the lines of "dont come to my city and fuck it up or ill fuck you up" and it was about nola.

but yea i had my eye on that comment. usually when somebody has no profile filled out, and no avatar picture and has been a member for 4 years i try to keep a eye on when the crazy is about to come out. sounds like it might be soon with this dude.

Its Me Ryan

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
New Orleans, LA
Hi! My name is Ryan. I was banned from this site previously because Matt Derrick decided he didn't enjoy being called out as being a sexual predator. Guess what y'all? HE'S A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

He tried to convince a 16 year old girl to run away from home TO HAVE SEX WITH HER. Guess what? That 16 year old girl was another user posing as a 16 year old girl.

Matt Derrick is a sexual predator and should be treated as such. I'm sure this will result in my being banned once again but I don't really care.

Also, if you come to NOLA just to drink and fuck shit up then I'll make your visit a living hell.

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Hometown
New Orleans
Yeesh. Sounds like an asshole. I guess we can consider the hornet's nest officially kicked.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Post in thread 'Hello! Matt Derrick is a sexual predator!' by Its Me Ryan has been reported by SlankyLanky. Reason given:
welp that didnt take long at all...
Content being reported:
Hi! My name is Ryan. I was banned from this site previously because Matt Derrick decided he didn't enjoy being called out as being a sexual predator. Guess what y'all? HE'S A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

He tried to convince a 16 year old girl to run away from home TO HAVE SEX WITH HER. Guess what? That 16 year old girl was another user posing as a 16 year old girl.

Matt Derrick is a sexual predator and should be treated as such. I'm sure this will result in my being banned once again but I don't really care.

Also, if you come to NOLA just to drink and fuck shit up then I'll make your visit a living hell.

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Hometown
New Orleans

Oh here we go again. First of all, you're stirring up a shit pot that's over a decade old. One that we've all been over and know that your accusations are baseless. Veeeery few people on here are going to have a clue as to what you're talking nor are they going to have the insight to know how drastically unstable and emotionally underdeveloped you are.

Get over it already. We don't need to rehash this all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Hometown
Bellingham, WA
Yikes. Definitely sounds like a wingnut to me and looks like he should be banned again.

That said, I think we should have @Matt Derrick issue the ban and post the Den of the Banned thread with an explanation as to his history with this person. Normally I'd say the staff involved in a conflict should stay out of it to avoid accusations of bias but in this case where there's a lot of history to the issue and dozens of people who can vouch for Matt, I think it's OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...
tucson to phoenix? trying to pick kids up. i wanna see how many hippies fit in a dodge caravan
SteveO85 wrote on Ponyriderijk's profile.
What up dude?Just trying to find similar people with similar views in the area...
cold wet and managed to dodge NINE count em NINE kangaroos in twelve k ! listening to rodriguez "sugarman" thinking about aqualung
When all else fails, go ahead and rely on instinct
- animalistic is our most natural mode
Going nuts! Ehrenberg Arizona....😬
Hi everybody my name is Steve aka Miami Mike from the central coast of California ,more precisely Paso Robles/lake nacimento
Squat in Austin’s north loop! Seeking advice and squat mates as well as offering a place to crash and some company. We got booze and electric?
croc wrote on quad8's profile.
Yo, last night I rode my first autorack! Colton to Yermo in an automax n it was articulated, door open. Love those curved floors so u got a lil hidey wall to chill behind.
Thought of u as soon as we got on lol

Staff online

Members online