upstate new york

derp teader

Reaction score
hey. im goin on tour with my band through new york state next month. were coming from canada so dont really know anyone.
anybody know any cool things to do or even people involved in the music scene round there i could get in touch with to help plan this thing better.
would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Eli Stoneberg

Eli Stoneberg

Reaction score
I'm not too involved with the music scene around here, but I have gone too a lot of shows. If you're around the Syracuse area, I can tell you that the Badlands on East Fayette street is the go to place for punk music in central NY. Lots of helpful, caring college kids that go to SUNY esf and SU that would be more than willing to help out foreign musicians without asking anything in return besides hearing you play. Also, if you find yourself out west in Rochester I highly reccomend going to the Bug Jar. The atmosphere is very chill for a big city, and just about all the punks in the community help one another out. Just watch out for the homeless people, because they're all drug addicts that'll rob you if given the chance. I hope you enjoy your stay in the greater nys area!

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Also. Never been robbed by a bum or a junkie in rochester. And I went drinkin in the abandoned subway... East side of buffalo I've had issues. But I also took care of em, didn't end up shot one time when I guess i was supposed to. And the second time I guess I just ran the guy back up for my shit he robbed.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hai there - Rochester, NY chiming in here. Lots of music venues going on here. Bug Jar is fun, Tilt, Bonzai are great too. LOl sketchytravis - drinking in the abandoned subway. BI3 was here earlier this year and we were down there - fun stuff. But hey - if you people can make it here PM me - let me see what I can do.

Reactions: sketchytravis

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hai there - Rochester, NY chiming in here. Lots of music venues going on here. Bug Jar is fun, Tilt, Bonzai are great too. LOl sketchytravis - drinking in the abandoned subway. BI3 was here earlier this year and we were down there - fun stuff. But hey - if you people can make it here PM me - let me see what I can do.
Only reason I brought that up is tons of home bums and junkies stay in there. They just kept to themselves every night I was there

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Shawn trockman is one of the local punks for Syracuse that I've met at various shows in buffalo. I don't know the scene out there, but he is from there, so is assume he'd know who to get in touch with.

Rochester I'd try James von sinn, he plays in a local punk band there, he's one of them guys that I always see handing fliers out and such.... If not him try and call the bug jar or something like they said.

Buffalo has a bunch of different people you could get ahold of to find out who to go to to set up a show... Not positive who sets em up though.
Id say try matt cox, tommy hawk, Amanda stockman, or mike patenaude to find out what's up... And I'm not sure if any of these people know who i am, or even like me if they do... So i probably wouldnt say that i sent you to them. Maybe its just me being delusionally paranoid, but idk. I'd just prefer you just said that you heard they might know a show or spot to play or whatever and not mention me. :)

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Like Idk who runs the houses anymore, as a bunch of em and diy venues closed. It's mainly hoyt, northrup, and flower houses, along with the lair... Not sure who runs em felt northrup, but i think cox might be movin before then.

derp teader

Reaction score
hey thans aot man. ill keep your name out of it if you want.just say i heard of them.
we lost alot of shows around there so this means alot. cheers

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads