**update** the work needs are met. I'd delete the post but I cant figure out how.

Threads
Current Location
Des Moines
Website
www.instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
There's some trim work for a small group of people to take care of at a ranch I frequent just outside of Socorro, New Mexico

The ranch belongs to an old dead captain named Kenny. I met him a few years back while flying at the Socorro Walmart and he's looked out for me ever since. His ranch is pretty self sufficient; used to be a WWOOF site..There are a few different dwellings to choose from, full RV hookups if need be, plenty of room on the property for whatever. It's right on the Rio Grande>> dope spot. All the bud you can smoke and good company.

It's all Darkstar and Acapulco thats been grown out there since the 90s. Solid genetic stock. Pretty good op all in all like I said I've worked for him a few times.
I'm not able to make it this year though and he asked me if I could send some feelers out.

If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be, DM me.He has work intermittently throughout the year.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Jackthereaper

StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Reactions
85% 2% 13%
At $100 they arent too picky on look i take it? I know a lot of ppl selling super high end stuff in mi pay $.50 per gram, comes out to $225/lb.

bandit

plutonian mick
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Clarksville, TN
Website
alleyaddict.tumblr.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. What's a typical day like? I've got some experience with personal grows, and am looking for some short term work soon.

OP
OP
Toadandspur
Threads
Current Location
Des Moines
Website
www.instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. What's a typical day like? I've got some experience with personal grows, and am looking for some short term work soon.
It's a cool day usually. Starts with coffee, mandatory. Kenny gets up at the crack of dawn I swear, and he keeps that pot rolling. Feed the dogs and the goats and then probably some coffee table 70s and 80s Kenny stories while hitting the bong and eating breakfast (he feeds his workers solid meals and provides room and board, power, water, etx), then at some point he will go grab a few pounds and bring baskets and buckets and toss you the shears.
I enjoy myself. Some days might turn into a trip to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, you never know what to expect. He also grows Datura and Belladonna so some trippy brews can be concocted if you wanna experiment haha

OP
OP
Toadandspur
Threads
Current Location
Des Moines
Website
www.instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
At $100 they arent too picky on look i take it? I know a lot of ppl selling super high end stuff in mi pay $.50 per gram, comes out to $225/lb.
No he isn't super picky just quick and easy nip the leaves off to the flower and chill. It's high end bud for sure, the lowend payout is due to the ranch providing meals and room/board. It's honestly a place I go to chill out just about any time of the year and even if there's no bud work he still treats it like a WWOOF ranch. Work on some shit somewhere on this property If you want to stay here type shit.

Jackthereaper

StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Reactions
85% 2% 13%
I certainly wasnt downtalking his bud. I can see he provides plenty for his trimmers. The crews my friends run are all graf kid connections and they send everything to philly, nyc, etc and if theres ANY leaf on your bud they send it back, and if you dont separate ALL the skurb / larf out into another bin you wont be asked back.

Tbh your guy sounds waaaaay more chill and a better deal lol. The graf kids usually just order hot and sweatys and call it good for food all while they bitch constantly unless shit is perfect. So tho the pay is high, so is the stress

bandit

plutonian mick
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Clarksville, TN
Website
alleyaddict.tumblr.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
It's a cool day usually. Starts with coffee, mandatory. Kenny gets up at the crack of dawn I swear, and he keeps that pot rolling. Feed the dogs and the goats and then probably some coffee table 70s and 80s Kenny stories while hitting the bong and eating breakfast (he feeds his workers solid meals and provides room and board, power, water, etx), then at some point he will go grab a few pounds and bring baskets and buckets and toss you the shears.
I enjoy myself. Some days might turn into a trip to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, you never know what to expect. He also grows Datura and Belladonna so some trippy brews can be concocted if you wanna experiment haha
Sounds awesome, and like the opportunity I've been looking for, for some time. Currently, I'm on the northwestern TN/KY border, but heading west in November, and could be in that area.

Threads
Current Location
arizona
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Do you need previous expirence? My girlfriend and i would like to learn ths trade skill. We live/travel in our van. We would love to take a temporary job like this. Please let me know if the crew is willing to train a couple newbies that are very ambitious about the work. We are available November 15th-ish.

Jackthereaper

StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Reactions
85% 2% 13%
Do you need previous expirence? My girlfriend and i would like to learn ths trade skill. We live/travel in our van. We would love to take a temporary job like this. Please let me know if the crew is willing to train a couple newbies that are very ambitious about the work. We are available November 15th-ish.
Lol, its super easy, have you ever bought a bag of weed? Take what they give you and make it look like that with scissors. Save all discards for extraction work. Since he is paying by weight it doesnt matter if you’re fast. So long as it looks okay.

Threads
Current Location
arizona
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Lol, its super easy, have you ever bought a bag of weed? Take what they give you and make it look like that with scissors. Save all discards for extraction work. Since he is paying by weight it doesnt matter if you’re fast. So long as it looks okay.
Haha, I wasnt under the impression it was hard to learn, just being honest to the OP that we have no expirence and want to learn.

Human

Wanderer
Threads
Current Location
Houston, texasisshit
Reactions
96% 3% 1%
Hey thanks for the tip. I'm near ABQ (grants) and I am selling my bus tomorrow so this may work perfectly. Emailing him now. Thanks! Fuck yea fuck yea!

OP
OP
Toadandspur
Threads
Current Location
Des Moines
Website
www.instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Haha, I wasnt under the impression it was hard to learn, just being honest to the OP that we have no expirence and want to learn.
Yeah he's pretty willing to work with people. I've worked for him before when we had little to no help and we put new guys and gals on. @Jackthereaper is pretty spot on>>it's easy to learn; not much to it really. You just get stoned and shear leaves off the flowers, save all your clippings, and you are generally free to have as much bud as you'd like for personal use. No getting out of hand of course haha nobody needs to pocket more than a half ounce a day for personal use. Save his email and keep in contact with me, DM me personal info and I'll forward it to him.

Threads
Current Location
Out there
Reactions
97% 1% 3%
100/lb is better than the hourly nonsense some folks are offering. If i can get out there im guaranteed work?

Threads
Current Location
western mass
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
ugh i wish this sounds fucking rad

Threads
Current Location
Seaside, Oregon
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be either DM me or email [email protected] for more information. He has work immediately and until likely around mid December or even later.
Sounds rad! I might pass this on to my family who are there right now. I'll DM you

OP
OP
Toadandspur
Threads
Current Location
Des Moines
Website
www.instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
**update**

Thanks guys for the responses;
Got word from Kenny that he has been in contact with several people referred to him by this post, so I can only imagine some of you have been in touch with him. He has the work covered now with what looks like a pair of couples coming down from the albuquerque area?

I don't have a phone# and I don't even know Kennys phone#, so it's all email communication with an old man that voice-to-texts haha.

But yeah. Looks like for the immediate time being the work is accounted for, but keep the place in mind, whenever you're around the area. There's always work at the farm.

Threads
Current Location
California
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sweet! Can you send me details n how I can reach him?! Thanks!!
There's some trim work for a small group of people to take care of at a ranch I frequent just outside of Socorro, New Mexico

The ranch belongs to an old dead captain named Kenny. I met him a few years back while flying at the Socorro Walmart and he's looked out for me ever since. His ranch is pretty self sufficient; used to be a WWOOF site..There are a few different dwellings to choose from, full RV hookups if need be, plenty of room on the property for whatever. It's right on the Rio Grande>> dope spot. All the bud you can smoke and good company.

It's all Darkstar and Acapulco thats been grown out there since the 90s. Solid genetic stock. Pretty good op all in all like I said I've worked for him a few times.
I'm not able to make it this year though and he asked me if I could send some feelers out.

If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be, DM me.He has work intermittently throughout the year.
Cheers!