**update** the work needs are met. I'd delete the post but I cant figure out how. (1 Viewer)

Toadandspur

Lurker
Current Location
Longview texass
Website
www.instagram.com
There's some trim work for a small group of people to take care of at a ranch I frequent just outside of Socorro, New Mexico

The ranch belongs to an old dead captain named Kenny. I met him a few years back while flying at the Socorro Walmart and he's looked out for me ever since. His ranch is pretty self sufficient; used to be a WWOOF site..There are a few different dwellings to choose from, full RV hookups if need be, plenty of room on the property for whatever. It's right on the Rio Grande>> dope spot. All the bud you can smoke and good company.

It's all Darkstar and Acapulco thats been grown out there since the 90s. Solid genetic stock. Pretty good op all in all like I said I've worked for him a few times.
I'm not able to make it this year though and he asked me if I could send some feelers out.

If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be, DM me.He has work intermittently throughout the year.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Jackthereaper

Pilgrim
Current Location
Earth
At $100 they arent too picky on look i take it? I know a lot of ppl selling super high end stuff in mi pay $.50 per gram, comes out to $225/lb.

OP
Toadandspur

Toadandspur

Lurker
Current Location
Longview texass
Website
www.instagram.com
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. What's a typical day like? I've got some experience with personal grows, and am looking for some short term work soon.
It's a cool day usually. Starts with coffee, mandatory. Kenny gets up at the crack of dawn I swear, and he keeps that pot rolling. Feed the dogs and the goats and then probably some coffee table 70s and 80s Kenny stories while hitting the bong and eating breakfast (he feeds his workers solid meals and provides room and board, power, water, etx), then at some point he will go grab a few pounds and bring baskets and buckets and toss you the shears.
I enjoy myself. Some days might turn into a trip to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, you never know what to expect. He also grows Datura and Belladonna so some trippy brews can be concocted if you wanna experiment haha

OP
Toadandspur

Toadandspur

Lurker
Current Location
Longview texass
Website
www.instagram.com
At $100 they arent too picky on look i take it? I know a lot of ppl selling super high end stuff in mi pay $.50 per gram, comes out to $225/lb.
No he isn't super picky just quick and easy nip the leaves off to the flower and chill. It's high end bud for sure, the lowend payout is due to the ranch providing meals and room/board. It's honestly a place I go to chill out just about any time of the year and even if there's no bud work he still treats it like a WWOOF ranch. Work on some shit somewhere on this property If you want to stay here type shit.

Jackthereaper

Pilgrim
Current Location
Earth
I certainly wasnt downtalking his bud. I can see he provides plenty for his trimmers. The crews my friends run are all graf kid connections and they send everything to philly, nyc, etc and if theres ANY leaf on your bud they send it back, and if you dont separate ALL the skurb / larf out into another bin you wont be asked back.

Tbh your guy sounds waaaaay more chill and a better deal lol. The graf kids usually just order hot and sweatys and call it good for food all while they bitch constantly unless shit is perfect. So tho the pay is high, so is the stress

bandit

plutonian mick
StP Supporter
Current Location
NW Tennessee/Kentucky Border
Website
alleyaddict.tumblr.com
It's a cool day usually. Starts with coffee, mandatory. Kenny gets up at the crack of dawn I swear, and he keeps that pot rolling. Feed the dogs and the goats and then probably some coffee table 70s and 80s Kenny stories while hitting the bong and eating breakfast (he feeds his workers solid meals and provides room and board, power, water, etx), then at some point he will go grab a few pounds and bring baskets and buckets and toss you the shears.
I enjoy myself. Some days might turn into a trip to Albuquerque or Santa Fe, you never know what to expect. He also grows Datura and Belladonna so some trippy brews can be concocted if you wanna experiment haha
Sounds awesome, and like the opportunity I've been looking for, for some time. Currently, I'm on the northwestern TN/KY border, but heading west in November, and could be in that area.

SaltyCrew

∆-FLY LOW-∆
StP Supporter
Current Location
Midwest
Do you need previous expirence? My girlfriend and i would like to learn ths trade skill. We live/travel in our van. We would love to take a temporary job like this. Please let me know if the crew is willing to train a couple newbies that are very ambitious about the work. We are available November 15th-ish.

Jackthereaper

Pilgrim
Current Location
Earth
Do you need previous expirence? My girlfriend and i would like to learn ths trade skill. We live/travel in our van. We would love to take a temporary job like this. Please let me know if the crew is willing to train a couple newbies that are very ambitious about the work. We are available November 15th-ish.
Lol, its super easy, have you ever bought a bag of weed? Take what they give you and make it look like that with scissors. Save all discards for extraction work. Since he is paying by weight it doesnt matter if you’re fast. So long as it looks okay.

Reactions: Toadandspur

SaltyCrew

∆-FLY LOW-∆
StP Supporter
Current Location
Midwest
Lol, its super easy, have you ever bought a bag of weed? Take what they give you and make it look like that with scissors. Save all discards for extraction work. Since he is paying by weight it doesnt matter if you’re fast. So long as it looks okay.
Haha, I wasnt under the impression it was hard to learn, just being honest to the OP that we have no expirence and want to learn.

Object

Current Location
California
Hey thanks for the tip. I'm near ABQ (grants) and I am selling my bus tomorrow so this may work perfectly. Emailing him now. Thanks! Fuck yea fuck yea!

OP
Toadandspur

Toadandspur

Lurker
Current Location
Longview texass
Website
www.instagram.com
Haha, I wasnt under the impression it was hard to learn, just being honest to the OP that we have no expirence and want to learn.
Yeah he's pretty willing to work with people. I've worked for him before when we had little to no help and we put new guys and gals on. @Jackthereaper is pretty spot on>>it's easy to learn; not much to it really. You just get stoned and shear leaves off the flowers, save all your clippings, and you are generally free to have as much bud as you'd like for personal use. No getting out of hand of course haha nobody needs to pocket more than a half ounce a day for personal use. Save his email and keep in contact with me, DM me personal info and I'll forward it to him.

train in vain

Pilgrim
Current Location
Out there
100/lb is better than the hourly nonsense some folks are offering. If i can get out there im guaranteed work?

Kassiddy

Lurker
Current Location
Seaside, Oregon
If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be either DM me or email [email protected] for more information. He has work immediately and until likely around mid December or even later.
Sounds rad! I might pass this on to my family who are there right now. I'll DM you

OP
Toadandspur

Toadandspur

Lurker
Current Location
Longview texass
Website
www.instagram.com
**update**

Thanks guys for the responses;
Got word from Kenny that he has been in contact with several people referred to him by this post, so I can only imagine some of you have been in touch with him. He has the work covered now with what looks like a pair of couples coming down from the albuquerque area?

I don't have a phone# and I don't even know Kennys phone#, so it's all email communication with an old man that voice-to-texts haha.

But yeah. Looks like for the immediate time being the work is accounted for, but keep the place in mind, whenever you're around the area. There's always work at the farm.

Reactions: Koda and SaltyCrew

cali1981

Lurker
Current Location
California
Sweet! Can you send me details n how I can reach him?! Thanks!!
There's some trim work for a small group of people to take care of at a ranch I frequent just outside of Socorro, New Mexico

The ranch belongs to an old dead captain named Kenny. I met him a few years back while flying at the Socorro Walmart and he's looked out for me ever since. His ranch is pretty self sufficient; used to be a WWOOF site..There are a few different dwellings to choose from, full RV hookups if need be, plenty of room on the property for whatever. It's right on the Rio Grande>> dope spot. All the bud you can smoke and good company.

It's all Darkstar and Acapulco thats been grown out there since the 90s. Solid genetic stock. Pretty good op all in all like I said I've worked for him a few times.
I'm not able to make it this year though and he asked me if I could send some feelers out.

If you're in the southwest, NM area, or could/plan to be, DM me.He has work intermittently throughout the year.
Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Back in minneapolis for a minute, possibly going to nationals? regardless hmu if you're around
Happy (very) belated Father's day to our Oogle Daddy @Matt Derrick !
Now im housed up in a suite for three days. Two bedroom, two different direction facing balconies, pet friendly, and a kitchen. Thank god for CAA coverage. Smartest thing ive done in months. Covers 600$ worth of lodging and food for 72 hours from "incident". That being my truck being inoperable. This doesnt fix the problem but holy fuck do i need this.
Holy fuck I missed being back out here. Tour’s been fucking amazing so far, and getting to see so many old friends and making some new ones has been fantastic.
Off day between Salt Lake City, UT and Reno, NV today. Gonna try to find a campsite for us tonight and I’m excited to sleep under the stars ✨
Holed up in the shop property for the third day. Fried 6 eggs and made some toast for myself and my dog. Something to spice up the dog kibble life. Poured myself the cheap rum and rootbeer drink. Buddy from the insurance/license place brought me some ice :D But there is no sunshine and rainbows. This is survival. This isnt intagram. It was dark and frustrating and cramped, with that side of lonely. Tomorrow we move.
Looking for a few people to join me in an off grid wilderness community. Have hydroelectric and small solar.
Almost died a fiery horrific death when the wiring crossed an shorted in the camper, had to jump in the water to save my dog from drowning when a current was pulling him under roots and branches (one of the most heartwrenching experiences of my life), and i fucked the engine in my truck on the mountain highways. Repairs are going to be expensive and take long. Thats kindof how my summer is going. Beats jail but just barely
Just covered about 500 mi in 12 hrs by train. Two hot as fuck IMs under a full moon. Only one stop was made...an unexpected siding in the exact place i wanted to be.

Staff online