Un-Warranted Troubles | Squat the Planet

Un-Warranted Troubles

LyamCass

Reaction score
Hey guys, been awhile since ive posted.

So, after catching out of Denver over yhe rockies to Grand Junction, i ran into a bit of a problem.

Everything was fine and dandy, and i knew i had time before the cold hit to make it to Ogden/SLC, so after landing in mesa county, i quickly started prepping for the next leg of the journey.

Crossing thw Rockies was definitely an amazing experience, but i coupdnt dqell on it long, as i had to meet up with another STPr(Roman) and try to head back east.

Ubfortunately for me, a diligent member of the Grand Junction pd spotted me, ran my name and informed me that i would be coming with him.

Unknown to me, i had a very old warrant out of larimer county...fuck my life.

So after spending 15 days in mesa, i was extradited back east over the rockies and spent the next few months in Larimer County bed and breakfast. Not fun...plus mesa county destroyed all of my property after 30 days as i had no way of getting anyonr to pick it up.

As you all guessed, it was a premature and sad end to my first long journey.

Well, i made it back home to the south and here i am yet fucking again...itching...waiting (impatiently).

Moral of the story: take care of your warrants guys and gals and all in between.

Ive got a few weeks left visiting my baby nephew in baton rouge, then im taking all of the money i have and once again taking yo the rails; only this time it will be permanent. Ive exhausted my options here and ive realized that the only true happines i ever had was the freedom (and monotonous metal shaking) of riding the rails.

i didnt get to meet up with roman or any other cool railer peeps, but the dark solitude waiting for a string to come by to take me to the next destination isnt all thqt lonely.

My phone service will be shutting off soon, but i will def check this app to see if you guys are still out there rocking and rolling.

My next trip with in a few weeks will prob be out of avondale towards the west.

Thats it, but i would like to thank the users and moderators who have been nice to me ir helped me out with useful info.

Timeframe of above story: 8/8/21-1/8/22

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, thanks for checking in, sorry your first jaunt didn't go so well. sounds like you've paid your dues though so i think the travel gods owe you a few good long adventures free of the po po. good luck and come back and let us know how it went (or how we can help, if you need it).

LyamCass

Reaction score
Androids rock! who needs an iphone?
Lol thet do but not when the keyboard is more TWITCHY than QWERTY

well, thanks for checking in, sorry your first jaunt didn't go so well. sounds like you've paid your dues though so i think the travel gods owe you a few good long adventures free of the po po. good luck and come back and let us know how it went (or how we can help, if you need it).
No problem! The travel gods always look out when you least expect it. Like when i lost my pack on denver in the rain and found a $10 bill sitting on top of a storm drain.

moderntrivia

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Mesa County Jail is the worst. I don’t know if they’re still quarantining people for two weeks but I got stuck in a cell with an absolute madman. He was growling about raping and killing people and standing in front of the mirror punching himself in the neck. I was more annoyed I couldn’t focus on my book but when I mentioned raping to the guard I got moved.

It doesn’t get much better in there either. Being locked down in a cell eighteen hours a day getting let out for three two hour intervals. I was in there when COVID hit and people were panicking. There was an informal meeting between the inmates and guards in the day room. Then we only got let out once a night.

Luckily, for the couple months I was there, I was put in a corner cell (which is bigger) with some cool dudes. I wish I remembered their names. One was a smaller guy a couple years older than me who was on the street, though his mom lived there. The other was a religious older guy who was serving a year. Really grounded guy. We did get one punkass who stole my radio. But the guys he sold it to gave it back and the punkass locked down.

Junction is full of…aggressive characters. I remember one guard, a small blonde woman, who walked with stiff legs fast as shit like a methed up zombie that shit it’s pants. She’d twist her head in weird ways. She creeped me out more than my original cellmate.

The food was horrible. I wont miss grits or whatever with the worst bologna or those disturbing bologna sandwiches. I wont miss them because I never ate that fucking bologna.

Reactions: LyamCass and Jim

LyamCass

Reaction score
Yessir lockdown was in place. I was in holding for 3 days before i got sent to cypress. Very cool inmates but the homebums and guards there are very aggressive. Energy was weird in GJ for sure. Glad i got moved.

Reactions: moderntrivia

ali

Reaction score
@LyamCass

Idk how this thread got bumped into my feed, but hearing about you losing your gear just reminded me to do something very important that I've been putting off which is making a list of all my current gear, storing it in the cloud somewhere, and keeping it updated.

Keeping a gear list in the cloud is a good idea. For me my problem is i buy stuff so rarely, that by the time i need to replace a thing, the tags or labels are so worn out i don't remember what it was any more. Never mind losing it. Now i try keep a list of all my things current so when i need to replace them i can at least start by looking at the same brand and/or size as the last version of the thing. I detest shopping so anything i can do to reduce the amount of time spent wandering around and browsing is a plus for me.

Reactions: Oriyrio

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads