U.S. West Coast -- Hike, freight-hopping, hitchhiking (1 Viewer)

Max Arman

Will be in San Francisco from the 17th and intend to travel anywhere and everywhere in the space of two months (initially along the W/C, further south or north) and meet people. Anyone in the area want to travel together? Starting in San Francisco then hitchhiking to S. Cruz -- will probably take it from there, and would like to meet some people. Up for travelling anywhere

Last edited:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
D

Deleted member 20

I deleted myself
Welcome to STP::eyepatch::!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Well Welcome to STP -- I was going to move this to the road dawg forum - people looking for fellow travelers but I'm going to leave this here atm in Introductions, but you might want to put this info - expanded - into the road dawg forum so you can get more coverage as for people traveling here now.

Again - welcome here - and btw - we have a hell of a lot of information gathered here - DO do (yep I said that) a search for equipment, knowledge on routes, food, where to go etc etc.

And hey - hope you meet up some some travelers and go have fun and be safe too. :)

Vulture

Wanderer
Will be in San Francisco from the 17th and intend to travel anywhere and everywhere in the space of two months (initially along the W/C, further south or north) and meet people. Anyone in the area want to travel together? Starting in San Francisco then hitchhiking to S. Cruz -- will probably take it from there, and would like to meet some people. Up for travelling anywhere
In about 2/ 2 and a half weeks a mate and I will be driving up From Golden Gate to Humbolt, then to Ecola State Park, Oregon. We are up for a few riders.

OP
Max Arman

Max Arman

Thanks for the replies. Hey Vulture, just saw your thread (re: East Coasters Heading out West): sounds good man, I'd definitely be up for meeting if you have a space. Can contribute to gas money etc. Probably be travelling a bit in the interim anyway. Will drop you a line

VtJake: How long will you be in San Fran for and where you going afterwards?

Bags packed, getting on the plane tomorrow. Just to clarify, this is my first time doing anything like this (train hopping, hitchhiking). I've been doing my research but the geography of the U.S. could not be further removed from the place where I'm from (Channel Islands)...

Last edited:
OP
Max Arman

Max Arman

Well Welcome to STP -- I was going to move this to the road dawg forum - people looking for fellow travelers but I'm going to leave this here atm in Introductions, but you might want to put this info - expanded - into the road dawg forum so you can get more coverage as for people traveling here now.

Again - welcome here - and btw - we have a hell of a lot of information gathered here - DO do (yep I said that) a search for equipment, knowledge on routes, food, where to go etc etc.

And hey - hope you meet up some some travelers and go have fun and be safe too. :)
Hey, thanks for the pointers -- just started navigating this site correctly. My bad. Cheers

Last edited:

VtJake

Rambler
I will be leaving for San Francisco either :) this Friday or Saturday.. Will take about two days or a little less to get there, and upon getting there will orobably be there a week or so, then onto Washington state, maybe Portland Oregon after that. I have a car, so if you and any travelers in your group are respectful people i can give y'all a ride eastward if y'all are interested and don't mind jugging or spanging to help with cost of gas money :)

I just drove from DC to la a week ago with no real plans or destination so if you wanted to meet up or do something let me know. I'll be out here on the west coast driving around la, Santa Cruz, San Diego. And wherever else appeals to me.