Cancelled trustworthy people section? (1 Viewer)

AaronOnTheRoad

Pilgrim
Current Location
Louisville Kentucky
Hello, I've been on stp for maybe an week so far. I love the place and hope to stay here for awhile.
Now, we have an place to inform people about shady people and bad people. You should considered making one on people that are trustworthy, and good road dogs. So when new people come here looking for a road dog they will know who's good instead of bad. Do you get what I'm getting at

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
Good road dawgs:
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE

Honestly even in shady and untrustworthy you got people vouching that said person is a great road dawg and blah blah blah

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
i've thought that having profile ratings might be a good way to show others who is reliable or good to other travelers.... like a 5 star rating or something like that.

A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
i've thought that having profile ratings might be a good way to show others who is reliable or good to other travelers.... like a 5 star rating or something like that.
I got 19 poop ratings from that "oversensitive" sqautter girl but I did enjoy the I sense the dark side in you achievement so lemons into lemonade..

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Star ratings seem overly simplistic and easy to misuse.

What I think might work better is to do it like Couchsurfing where you can leave testimonials that can be marked positive or negative. I'd rather read "@Geraldo is a super reliable road dawg but will always get you drunker than you expected to be that day"* than just look at a star rating.

*both of these things are true

Current Location
Frederikshavn, Denmark
How about a camaraderie report system, where you can tag people in your own profile of other travellers friendships you've found pleasant?

Like below the followers section on a profile, having a camaraderie, saying that these are people you trust, and enjoy travelling with?

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater

What I think might work better is to do it like Couchsurfing where you can leave testimonials that can be marked positive or negative. I'd rather read "@Geraldo is a super reliable road dawg but will always get you drunker than you expected to be that day"* than just look at a star rating.

Holy mother of God you are the 7th person who's said that about me in the past 6 months. That must really be a thing.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
hmm, that definitely seems like a better way to go, and luckily enough, there's an addon that does exactly that:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-ratings.4647/

we have website bills this month, but after we get that paid i'll look into buying that addon (it's $15).

Zigali

Lurker
Current Location
Bloomington Indiana
In a sense if you check a persons profile and the likes and dislikes theyve received that will tell you a certain something about them bc what a person posts reflects on the type of person they are so with a lot of likes that person is prolly a decent poster and with a lot of dislikes/stupid/poops and whatnot they are liable to be not so decent it isn't a precise art though and I understand the wish for a rating system it would be helpful for sure and interesting as well

N

Notmyname

I deleted myself
I like this idea. But I could see it becoming a popularity contest in a way. Like users who have never met anyone else being ignored. Idk. Worth a try though I guess.

Desperado Deluxe

I've been muted for 30 days.
muted
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA

Like post a thread with a pole at the top or just ask for other people to post their experience of you.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Also I would be willing to give u the $15 to pay for that addon after you look into it and decide if it's the right one for the site
we're going to give it a try. i'll see if i can get this set up today. if you'd like to chip in $15 (or any amount) to help cover the costs, that would be super appreciated.

D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I think it could be hazardous to have a trustworthy section. Someone could be vouched for based on superficial characteristics and actually be dangerous. That coupled with insurance from the section may lead to someone ignoring their gut feelings, especially people new to the road.

@Whereamiwhatdoido idea sounds better to me, either way I think it will get done in the best way possible knowing the progression of stp

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
How about a camaraderie report system, where you can tag people in your own profile of other travellers friendships you've found pleasant?

Like below the followers section on a profile, having a camaraderie, saying that these are people you trust, and enjoy travelling with?
i think that's just the same thing @MolotovMocktail suggested:

which is the path we are taking with the plugin i suggested in a previous post in this thread. i'll make an announcement once the addon is installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Have settled on a date to hit the road. Got a gig wrapping up the third week of September, after that I'm gone gone gone.
Need ride to from East Cincinnati to Miami florida to be with a long lost friend of mine ..I can provide my own food and expenses.she is gonna help me get on my feet and provide emotional support .
Hiking 9 miles in 100 degree heat after being sedentary for some time was probably not the best idea.
Finally out n about, heading to London, OH
Thanks to otch0z and Sam for kicking back and keeping is sane in the homestead, hope you had a wicked time!
If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.

Members online