Cancelled / Rejected trustworthy people section?

Threads
Current Location
Louisville Kentucky
Reactions
86% 2% 12%
Hello, I've been on stp for maybe an week so far. I love the place and hope to stay here for awhile.
Now, we have an place to inform people about shady people and bad people. You should considered making one on people that are trustworthy, and good road dogs. So when new people come here looking for a road dog they will know who's good instead of bad. Do you get what I'm getting at

Geraldo

Lurker extraordinaire
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Oregon
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Good road dawgs:
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE

Honestly even in shady and untrustworthy you got people vouching that said person is a great road dawg and blah blah blah

OP
OP
AaronOnTheRoad
Threads
Current Location
Louisville Kentucky
Reactions
86% 2% 12%
Good road dawgs:
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE

Honestly even in shady and untrustworthy you got people vouching that said person is a great road dawg and blah blah blah
I see it could be one thing somebody didn't like and made a bad report about them.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
i've thought that having profile ratings might be a good way to show others who is reliable or good to other travelers.... like a 5 star rating or something like that.

OP
OP
AaronOnTheRoad
Threads
Current Location
Louisville Kentucky
Reactions
86% 2% 12%
i've thought that having profile ratings might be a good way to show others who is reliable or good to other travelers.... like a 5 star rating or something like that.
Yeah man that sounds good!

Geraldo

Lurker extraordinaire
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Oregon
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I better have a six star rating. Lol

A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
I got 19 poop ratings from that "oversensitive" sqautter girl but I did enjoy the I sense the dark side in you achievement so lemons into lemonade..

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Star ratings seem overly simplistic and easy to misuse.

What I think might work better is to do it like Couchsurfing where you can leave testimonials that can be marked positive or negative. I'd rather read "@Geraldo is a super reliable road dawg but will always get you drunker than you expected to be that day"* than just look at a star rating.

*both of these things are true

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
I got 19 poop ratings from that "oversensitive" sqautter girl but I did enjoy the I sense the dark side in you achievement so lemons into lemonade..
Yeah she pooped a lot around here.

Threads
Current Location
Frederikshavn, Denmark
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
How about a camaraderie report system, where you can tag people in your own profile of other travellers friendships you've found pleasant?

Like below the followers section on a profile, having a camaraderie, saying that these are people you trust, and enjoy travelling with?

Geraldo

Lurker extraordinaire
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Oregon
Reactions
99% 0% 1%

What I think might work better is to do it like Couchsurfing where you can leave testimonials that can be marked positive or negative. I'd rather read "@Geraldo is a super reliable road dawg but will always get you drunker than you expected to be that day"* than just look at a star rating.

Holy mother of God you are the 7th person who's said that about me in the past 6 months. That must really be a thing.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
hmm, that definitely seems like a better way to go, and luckily enough, there's an addon that does exactly that:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-ratings.4647/

we have website bills this month, but after we get that paid i'll look into buying that addon (it's $15).

Threads
Current Location
Bloomington Indiana
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
In a sense if you check a persons profile and the likes and dislikes theyve received that will tell you a certain something about them bc what a person posts reflects on the type of person they are so with a lot of likes that person is prolly a decent poster and with a lot of dislikes/stupid/poops and whatnot they are liable to be not so decent it isn't a precise art though and I understand the wish for a rating system it would be helpful for sure and interesting as well

Threads
Current Location
Bloomington Indiana
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Also I would be willing to give u the $15 to pay for that addon after you look into it and decide if it's the right one for the site

N

Notmyname

I deleted myself
I like this idea. But I could see it becoming a popularity contest in a way. Like users who have never met anyone else being ignored. Idk. Worth a try though I guess.

Threads
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
Reactions
95% 1% 5%

Like post a thread with a pole at the top or just ask for other people to post their experience of you.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Also I would be willing to give u the $15 to pay for that addon after you look into it and decide if it's the right one for the site
we're going to give it a try. i'll see if i can get this set up today. if you'd like to chip in $15 (or any amount) to help cover the costs, that would be super appreciated.

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Threads
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
Reactions
88% 0% 13%
I think it could be hazardous to have a trustworthy section. Someone could be vouched for based on superficial characteristics and actually be dangerous. That coupled with insurance from the section may lead to someone ignoring their gut feelings, especially people new to the road.

@Whereamiwhatdoido idea sounds better to me, either way I think it will get done in the best way possible knowing the progression of stp

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
How about a camaraderie report system, where you can tag people in your own profile of other travellers friendships you've found pleasant?

Like below the followers section on a profile, having a camaraderie, saying that these are people you trust, and enjoy travelling with?
i think that's just the same thing @MolotovMocktail suggested:

which is the path we are taking with the plugin i suggested in a previous post in this thread. i'll make an announcement once the addon is installed.

Threads
Current Location
Bloomington Indiana
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
we're going to give it a try. i'll see if i can get this set up today. if you'd like to chip in $15 (or any amount) to help cover the costs, that would be super appreciated.
How do I go about doing that? Donate to the site or somewhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Leo
Finished working in Dutch Harbor. In Anchorage for now.
A bottle in one hand
A joint in the other
A scar on my heart
I carve another
You ever just look at a word and it freaks you out because it's spelled right but you start thinking on some meta shit how does this noise mean this concept? 'Smooth' freaks me out right now.
Sleipnir wrote on Gaucho Deluxe's profile.
is there a reason you down voted my post? it was on topic, and the people there were pretty horrible. so unless you were one if them, im confused
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Uhhh...HOW'S PERU?
If you CAN get a (foot) massage, you SHOULD.
Quit a job after 3 days, due to ignorant, rape-culture enabled co-workers. Got another job lined up!
why do people come on this site just to behave like assholes ? is there some perverse satisfaction in irritating a whole community of people ? \/ \/ \/ (not you Shaggy, the fool below you) \/ \/ \/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
fimbulvetr