Completed / Resolved Trouble connecting to site

Threads
Current Location
florida
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I've been getting a lot of trouble connecting to site and/or can't find server error for STP over the last few days. My internet is okay and everything else is loading. I was wondering if anyone had the same experience?

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
we did have a small interruption because the stp domain was suspended (stupid whois info needed to be 'updated' even though it hasn't changed in like 15 years). this was solved day before yesterday though. if you're still having issues send me a screen shot and i'll do some investigating.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Threads
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
Reactions
94% 2% 4%
It has had a long history of 502 Bad Gateway, Cloudflare, and other errors recently as many times as I been keeping up. I'm sure Matt knows what he's doing, but the creeps that run their web hosting services don't. All I can do is sit back and see if the hosting services can at least fix themselves. And if not, they will be flooded with negative customer reviews!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
It has had a long history of 502 Bad Gateway, Cloudflare, and other errors recently as many times as I been keeping up. I'm sure Matt knows what he's doing, but the creeps that run their web hosting services don't. All I can do is sit back and see if the hosting services can at least fix themselves. And if not, they will be flooded with negative customer reviews!
it seems unlikely that it is related to our hosting. we've been with linode for 5+ years without much issue.

OP
OP
Dorkimus Prime
Threads
Current Location
florida
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I think it's my ISP. My cell phone connects to the site properly but my house internet doesn't. I've also noticed the same issues with a few other sites.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
who's your ISP? you could test your theory by using a VPN. my ISP was inadvertantly blocking one of my other websites (matthewderrick.com) but when i called them to complain about it they fixed it. so, maybe a phone call might help?

OP
OP
Dorkimus Prime
Threads
Current Location
florida
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
who's your ISP? you could test your theory by using a VPN. my ISP was inadvertantly blocking one of my other websites (matthewderrick.com) but when i called them to complain about it they fixed it. so, maybe a phone call might help?
I already called them to fix it. They where having some issues apparently. Everything seems smooth now.